It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robin Williams... make this man the US President...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Now theres a man who should control the United States!

Please America, get this man to run for the white house, and then see your troubles drop like stones in a sea... a very funny speech, but just how wide spread was it broadcast in the US??

Heres the link...

www.sianews.com...

I just hope that people sit up and take notice that the main stream world is now getting angry at being abused by so called asylum seekers and immigrants who want nothing but the host countries destruction...

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If he realy said these things, Im his new biggest fan..

Id vote for that, though id have to hear his stance on guns...

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
haha and i thot celebrities were stupid....

hes got my vote

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's just another example of the bi polar disorder America suffers from. Why the worlds most powerful country should behave like such a sensitive little flower when confronted with criticism is beyond me, but for issues like the incarceration and torture of prisoners, "but we help people too" should not be a valid "excuse". To see a great country act as an infant such as this is a shame, but to be honest, After a little while, I think the rest of the world would get on just fine without good ole Uncle Sam, should America "the beautiful" withdraw to its own borders permanently.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I'm in the UK, but what that man says makes a whole lot of sense. The US are and always will be envied for its cutting edge innovative thinking and its get up and go attitude. America has a lot to be proud of despite the skeletons she harbours in many a cupboard.

Best Wishes

J

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
If he realy said these things, Im his new biggest fan..

He really did say all these things. It was in his last live stand-up special.

It is called "Robin Williams Live On Broadway"

It is funny as hell, a must see if you like Robin Williams.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Now that’s what I call an immigration plan! That man needs to be the next Sec of DHS ASAP. I especially like that line, “The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?”.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Republican or Democrat don't you think that most Americans agree with everything he said?

I personally am a Liberal and found his comments right on target. I shared it with a very conservative friend who also agreed.

Wow common ground, amazing.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Robin for Prez. I like the sound of that.

I love the way he thinks and most of what he stated could not be truer.

---

Implosion if you do not like it you do not have to read it, that is the wonderful part of the free world we can say what we want

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

That now becomes the funniest thing I've ever heard!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I always wonder why people need to lie whenever they mass e-mail spam to people. It's always falsely attributed to some celebrity. Is that to give the message some validation? Will it be more acceptable if someone famous says it? Is it because the message just can't stand up on it's own? That the argument is so wholly without merit, that no one wants to admit they wrote it?

EDIT: Oh, this is really Robin Williams:

"We have a president for whom English is a second language. He's like 'We have to get rid of dictators,' but he's pretty much one himself."

"Bush is complaining about a lack of intelligence, which seems sort of redundant,"

"They say they don't know if Iraq had any WMDs - well, all they have to do is ask [Vice President Dick] Cheney for the receipts."

And yes, I agree with everyone on this page, Robin for President!

Here is the SNOPES link.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by curme]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I met him few years back in Florida when he was doing some work for Disney.

To me personally I perceived him as a big kid and he looked shy for some reason.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I think the rest of the world would get on just fine without good ole Uncle Sam, should America "the beautiful" withdraw to its own borders permanently.

Oh how soon they forget. Sigh. Remember if it was not for the US you might be speaking German now.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
digitalassassin, did you see this special? Because this is claimed to be false...

Snopes is your best friend.

www.snopes.com...

Origins: We don't know who is responsible for the piece quoted above, but it definitely wasn't actor/comedian Robin Williams (of Mork & Mindy television fame). This item's debut appears to have been a 20 March 2003 posting to the USENET newsgroup alt.motorcycles.harley, and from there it was rapidly disseminated via e-mail and blogs, credited to either "author unknown" or no one at all. The Robin Williams attribution wasn't tacked on until several weeks later, apparently because along the way the eleventh entry was dropped and a genuine Robin Williams quote appended in its place:
"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'" — Robin Williams.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Oh how soon they forget. Sigh. Remember if it was not for the US you might be speaking German now.

Hi shots,

come on man, you forget were your forefathers came from maybe? But, your English language didn't happen by accident!

Also remember that the UK have just paid the final installment to the US for saving the UK! (only took 50 years). Hired guns maybe? But please don't make out that the US were the saviours of the UK and Europe.

Best Wishes

J

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So FriendsOfLiberty.com is claiming that Robin Williams said this yesterday?

by Robin Williams
February 18, 2006

Snoops.com found this in 2003...

Seems that FriendsOfLiberty.com should be added to our "untrusted sites list."

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well I am glad its a fake, the level of it far below that I would expect of Robin Williams.

Its the isolationist mentality behind a post like that that lead to Peral Harbour and Americas involvement in WW2.

Sorry kids, no longer can you hide away in your house or country. The world is too nasty now and living with your head in the sand only serves to let someone kick your ass thats sticking up.

Having the wioter with that mentality as president would see the rapid decline of Americia's influence in the world, and the rapid increase of anti american activities leading to the ultimate end of America as a world player.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
Now theres a man who should control the United States!

Please America, get this man to run for the white house, and then see your troubles drop like stones in a sea... a very funny speech, but just how wide spread was it broadcast in the US??

Heres the link...

www.sianews.com...

I just hope that people sit up and take notice that the main stream world is now getting angry at being abused by so called asylum seekers and immigrants who want nothing but the host countries destruction...

If, and this is a big IF..Robin Williams truley said this...I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.
But I personally don't believe he has said this! While I agree with this. When ,me ancestors and (I feel safe to say, most of) your ancestors, came to America. The first thing they ; learned was our language! They learned how to assimilate themselves into American culture. Now we have people who believe that if they come hare...we should adopt their culture....WELL THEY ARE PLAIN DAMN WRONG!!! If you wish to come here and embrace our beliefs....WELCOME! If you wish to come here and expect us to bend to your will....Then F.O.!!!
For the last 2 centuries, America has been the home of the oppressed. But guess what?? If you can't learn to be an American, then you don't belong here!!! (Go ahead and flame me!!, But look at all the European countries who have let Muslims in unabound.... They are trying to take over.) The Coran(sp) says that if you do not join us then you are to be deatroyed.

Well guess what?? I like my life...It may not be perfect, but I like it. This is a war of RELIGION....Plain and simple. Whether you have a religion, or don't believe in religion...IT DOESN'T MATTER TO THEM!! Unless you are willing to follow what they believe, then you are to be killed!!! It's time the real world wakes up, and shows these fanactics who is in charge!!! When they are willing to live in the 21st century instead of the 12th century...I'm willing to talk to them. Until then, they need to be destroyed...cell, by cell...so that the rest of the civilized world can go on!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I too can't really see robin saying these things. But they all make sense anyway.
Funny how someone can have the sense to say these things, but lies about someone saying them to put them forth.
If it's false that is.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I only have two things to say.
Firstly even Reagan was a governor before he ocuppied the oval office.
Secondly Netchicken got my last WATS vote for this month.
Cheers Xpert11.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join