It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina destruction in Mississippi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
www.wlox.com...

The above website has 2 short vidio's of before and after Hurricane Katrina in Gulfport, Ms. & Biloxi, Ms. Pictures can't begin to visualize the destruction in Mississippi. When your standing on ground zero it is only then you can comprehend the magnitude of complete devastation Katrina created.

I live in Long Beach, Ms. and the beach is only about a 7 minute drive from my home. It still looks like a war zone here...mainly along highway 90 which runs along the Gulf of Mexico.

I have a picture from a website which shows a bulldozer in the middle of debris. The bulldozer looks like a toy set in the middle of mountains of this debris...this is how great the destruction from wind and storm surge was from Hurricane Katrina.

There are people still living in tents...waiting on trailers from FEMA.

When this hurricane season approaches we'll be sitting on edge once again. Since Katrina wiped out nearly every structure for a block or so inland from the beach, there will be nothing to stop any future storm surge from pushing even further inland and the predictions are that we'll have just as bad a season.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Lois]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

An apartment complex in Long Beach, Ms.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Biloxi, Ms.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Gulfport, Ms.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link