It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iranian Spiritual Leaders Sanction the Use of Nuclear Weapons in New Fatwa.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Mohsen Gharavian, a senior Mullah, or spiritual leader of Iran, has issued a new fatwa declaring that it is only natural for Iran to get nuclear weapons as a countermeasure against nuclear powers. According to the article, this is the first time that Muslim clerics are questioning the stance that Sharia law prohibits the use of nuclear weapons.

www.telegraph.co.uk
One senior mullah has now said it is "only natural" to have nuclear bombs as a "countermeasure" against other nuclear powers, thought to be a reference to America and Israel.

The pronouncement is particularly worrying because it has come from Mohsen Gharavian, a disciple of the ultra-conservative Ayatollah Mohammad Taghi Mesbah-Yazdi, who is widely regarded as the cleric closest to Iran's new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

He also said: "When the entire world is armed with nuclear weapons, it is permissible to use these weapons as a counter-measure. According to Sharia too, only the goal is important."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now we have a mullah declaring a fatwa that it is alright to use nuclear weapons.

What will be next?

Related News

wariniran.net...

wariniran.net...

www.iranian.ws...

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think the world needs to grow some balls and quick or we are going to see very soon what it would have been like if Hitler ever developed the bomb.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've been hoping that we don't have to go to war over this, but I'm getting the feeling that this is going to bite us in the arse if we don't do something about the problem. I for one actually find it quite scary that now a powerful religous leader in Iran is supporting Iran's supposed quest for nuclear weapons.

Although on the other hand I find it quite suspicious that now all of a sudden there's so much evidence of Iran wanting nuclear weapons. Sort of reminds me of what happened to their neighbor, but I guess I don't have enough evidence either way to make a proper judgement.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying, but you have to remember that these Mullahs, and the present Iranian president believe that in order for the Imam to come forth and "fix everything that is wrong in the world" that they have to usher the world into chaos.

What better way to do so than by acquiring nuclear weapons and using them?

These people want a war, they want chaos in the world for their Imam to come back.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying, but you have to remember that these Mullahs, and the present Iranian president believe that in order for the Imam to come forth and "fix everything that is wrong in the world" that they have to usher the world into chaos.

Do you have any evidence to substantiate this claim? I understand that this is a rumor that has been going around, but as yet it's just speculation. Do you deny this?

As well, what does the Supreme Leader and Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei have to say about this, after all, it is him that has the duties of:
# Assuming supreme command of the armed forces.
# Declaration of war and peace, and the mobilization of the armed forces.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or is it just more propaganda and pressure to go to war by showing a billboard of him in the same article?

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Do we have any evidence that the Iranian president wants to usher the world into chaos?....

Let's see what evidence is there for me to say this.

When an aircraft crashed in Tehran last month, killing 108 people, Mr Ahmadinejad thanked the dead, saying: "What is important is that they have shown the way to martyrdom which we must follow."

The most remarkable aspect of his piety is his devotion to the Hidden Imam, the Messiah-like figure of Shiite Islam, and the President's belief that his Government must prepare the country for his return.

One of the first acts of his Government was to donate about $A23 million to the Jamkaran mosque, a popular pilgrimage site where the pious come to drop messages to the Hidden Imam.

Excerpted from.
www.smh.com.au...

Let's continue. The following is the last part of the speech that Ahmadinejad gave to the UN back in September.

World leaders had expected a conciliatory proposal to defuse the nuclear crisis after Teheran had restarted another part of its nuclear programme in August.

Instead, they heard the president speak in apocalyptic terms of Iran struggling against an evil West that sought to promote "state terrorism", impose "the logic of the dark ages" and divide the world into "light and dark countries".

The speech ended with the messianic appeal to God to "hasten the emergence of your last repository, the Promised One, that perfect and pure human being, the one that will fill this world with justice and peace".

Excerpted from.
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/01/14/wiran14.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/01/14/ixworld.html

Let's see what some other statements has the Iranian president said.

The president then said: "And God willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism," according to a quote published by Iran's state news outlet, the Islamic Republic News Agency.

Excerpted from.
www.cnn.com...

You don't think that is proof enough?

The Iranian president is saying that soon we will experience the world without the U.S. and Israel....that people who died in an airplane have shown the way to martyrdoom which they all must follow and he asks Allah to hasten the return of the 12th Imam, which is the perfect being. plus we now have one of his Mullahs saying it is alright to use nuclear weapons. Are you going to tell us that you cannot add those things up and see that he, and his regime are up to no good?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Here is one more link of relevance.

In a keynote speech on Wednesday to senior clerics, Ahmadinejad spoke of his strong belief in the second coming of Shi'ite Muslims' "hidden" 12th Imam.

According to Shi'ite Muslim teaching, Abul-Qassem Mohammad, the 12th leader whom Shi'ites consider descended from the Prophet Mohammed, disappeared in 941 but will return at the end of time to lead an era of Islamic justice.

"Our revolution's main mission is to pave the way for the reappearance of the 12th Imam, the Mahdi," Ahmadinejad said in the speech to Friday Prayers leaders from across the country.

"Therefore, Iran should become a powerful, developed and model Islamic society."

"Today, we should define our economic, cultural and political policies based on the policy of Imam Mahdi's return. We should avoid copying the West's policies and systems," he added, newspapers and local news agencies reported.

Ahmadinejad refers to the return of the 12th Imam, also known as the Mahdi, in almost all his major speeches since he took office in August.

Excerpted from.
www.iranian.ws...

Note that he says "Their mission is to pave the way for the 12th Imam." What i am saying is not conjecture, the Iranian president himself is not even afraid to make these claims himself.

Let's see in what way can "the way be paved for the return of the 12th Imam".

The Hidden Imam, however, will eventually leave his Greater Occultation and appear (zuhur ) to the world of humanity. This return is the most significant event in the future for the Shi'ite faithful and has thunderous eschatological consequences. This return will occur shortly before the Final Judgement and the end of history. Imam Mahdi will return at the head of the forces of righteousness and do battle with the forces of evil in one, final, apocalyptic battle. When evil has been defeated once and for all, the Imam Mahdi will rule the world for several years under a perfect government and bring about a perfect spirituality among the peoples of the world. After the Imam Mahdi has reigned for several years, Jesus Christ will return (raj'a ), as will Husayn and others. It is the return of the dead that falls under the Doctrine of Return; the Mahdi will only appear to humanity.

Excerpted from.
www.wsu.edu:8080...

So the world has to be right before the "Final judgement".

How can anyone pave the way to the final judgement? The Iranian president himself has said exactly what he believes must be done.

Do you still think that these are just "conjectures"? i think not.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am voting no for bias, and here is why.

Original posters title does not match what is said in the article he posted.

He also said: "When the entire world is armed with nuclear weapons, it is permissible to use these weapons as a counter-measure. According to Sharia too, only the goal is important."

I'm sure its just what you wanted to hear, but its not what was said.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
According to the news article, and what you can read by what the Mullah says, the introduciton line says exactly what the mullah, and the article says.

One senior mullah has now said it is "only natural" to have nuclear bombs as a "countermeasure" against other nuclear powers, thought to be a reference to America and Israel.

Excerpted from original link.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Possesion, and use are two very different things.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
REad the article again, the mullah says "the use of nuclear weapons."

Excerpted from original link.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So, a friend of a friend of the President said that Iran should be able to use nuclear weapons if they are attacked with nuclear weapons. Hmmm, great story. I still have a couple questions if anyone knows the answers:

Well, I do agree that the Iranian president is delusional, but what sort of power does he have?

As well, what does the Supreme Leader and Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei have to say about this, after all, it is him that has the duties of:
# Assuming supreme command of the armed forces.
# Declaration of war and peace, and the mobilization of the armed forces.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or is it just more propaganda and pressure to go to war by showing a billboard of him in the same article?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
>>>REad the article again

Dead you read it?

The statement is conditional.

WHEN

Does the entire world already have nukes?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Perhaps you have never sent a submission, but there is only so much you can put in the name of the thread..... The title of the thread is not biased and neither is the introduction line. The Mullah has sanctioned the use of nuclear weapons, btw the iranian president, and the Mullahs, see mainly the U.S and Israel as the "epitome of all evil." The iranian president saying that "soon by the grace of his God the world will be without the U.S. and Israel" gives even more credence to the notion that they have in mind using nukes to destroy, or try to, the U.S. and Israel.

We all know what your stance in this issue is already, so why lie for your intentions behind voting bias for the article?

BTW....according to you it is alright for Iran to use nuclear weapons when "as you say" the whole world has nukes?....

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
voting yes. jamuhn can argue all he wants, but he knows very well that the mullahs would not be making such comments without the approval of the supreme leader.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

mullahs would not be making such comments without the approval of the supreme leader.

Do you have proof of this? Because last I saw...

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has issued a fatwa forbidding the production, stockpiling and use of nuclear weapons. The fatwa was cited in an official statement by the Iranian government at an August 2005 meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna.

en.wikipedia.org...

But all in all, there is something interesting that complicates matters concerning Shia's. And, it makes you question their true stance one way or another. That problem is Taqqiya:

The doctrine of taqiyya, or dissimulation, states that it is permissible to hide one's true religious convictions if under the threat of death or injury. Since Shi'as regard taqiyya as islamically permissible, at times they have been accused of lying indiscriminately, however Shi'a Muslims reject this charge and argue that this would be contrary to the laws regulating it's use. The Shi'a conclude that the practice of taqiyya is condoned by the Qur'an and is regulated by the various Qur'anic verses that refer to it. The practice of taqiyya is regarded by the Shi'a as a natural human response especially in light of historical Shi'a-Sunni relations.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyway, this is a deviation from the truth path of Shia, but is something practiced among the Shia in Iraq during Sadaam's era, so I'm not sure how important it actually is.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Jamuhn, the thing is that this Mullah and others are saying that "it is alright to use nuclear weapons if the world has weapons" and it is alright for Iran to have nuclear weapons as a countermeasure against the U.S. and Israel.

i still remember some people are trying to claim that the regime of iran is not trying to get their hands on nuclear weapons....

He is a senior Mullah, not "a friend of a friend." The Iranian president has said that he has much respect for this mullah. I will look for the link to that statement and put it here.

In the article it says that this Mullah is a disciple of the "spiritual mentor" of the Iranian president. There is a big difference in that.

Iranian Nuclear Fatwa A new fatwa from Islamic clerics in the city of Qom, Iran, ... Mesbah Yazdi [who is Iranian President Ahmadinejad’s spiritual mentor

Excerpted from.
islamic..._republic_news_agency.newstrove.com/

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Of course he wants to create chaos in the world. Otherwise, he would shut down operations such as this, a seminar for suicide bombers:

JPost.com » Israel » Article

Feb. 19, 2006 20:11 | Updated Feb. 19, 2006 23:07
Students in Teheran recruited for suicide bombings
By JOSEPH FLESH AND ORLY HALPERN

Suicide Bombers

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I dunno, they seem like such normal, well-adjusted people.

Why not let them have the bomb? we just don't understand their sense of humor and over-the-top way of expressing themselves, that's all.

Have a cup of coffee. Maybe you can stop by a place of learning afterward, sighn up for a specially-made belt and go find some virgins.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If the Iranian president had intentions of attacking Israel or the United States with it's nuclear arsenal, do you think he would publically announce it? I don't.

He might of said he would use nuclear weapons as a countermeasure, that does'nt mean that is what his intentions are. I am not saying that Iran would attack anyone preemptively, I am just trying to enlighten people to their faulted mentality of analyzing EXACTLY what he said said as his gospel and true intentions. It is a faulted way of thinking.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join