It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of a Bigfoot colony?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This society plans to release evidence of this so-called colony too. I know what your thinking, why havent they released the evidence yet. Yeah, I have heard this one before. However just to keep an open mind I will follow this and see what comes up.

The Johor Wildlife Protection Society said it has "scientific evidence" to prove the existence of Bigfoot whose reported sightings recently in the Johor jungles have excited the world's media.

Not just one Bigfoot but a whole colony of the giant, hairy creatures which the Society named "Orang Lenggor" (Lenggor People) as one was spotted in an area by that name, said its secretary Tay Teng Hwa.

"We will make public the evidence soon," he said Saturday.

He said a member of the Society had studied the creatures for six years and interacted directly with the colony.

www.dailyexpress.com.my...

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
This society plans to release evidence of this so-called colony too. I know what your thinking, why havent they released the evidence yet. Yeah, I have heard this one before. However just to keep an open mind I will follow this and see what comes up.

The Johor Wildlife Protection Society said it has "scientific evidence" to prove the existence of Bigfoot whose reported sightings recently in the Johor jungles have excited the world's media.

Not just one Bigfoot but a whole colony of the giant, hairy creatures which the Society named "Orang Lenggor" (Lenggor People) as one was spotted in an area by that name, said its secretary Tay Teng Hwa.

"We will make public the evidence soon," he said Saturday.

He said a member of the Society had studied the creatures for six years and interacted directly with the colony.

www.dailyexpress.com.my...

Well, if this does indeed come to fruition, it'd be the greatest scientific discovery in history, no doubt about that.

Probably nothing in it though, if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
WOS I have been following this story also. Would indeed be a great discovery. Will be keeping a close eye on this one it would be something if they beat the americans to exposing these creatures are real. They do seem to be on a mission with all the recent news coverage from that area.
I do wish them the best but will say when they release claimed evidence they had better have all thier ducks in a roll.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I've had my eye on this as well. I just hope it pans out so I can tell all those friends and family members that don't believe I saw one, "Neener neener!!!!"

I also hope if its true they leave the creatures alone. It would be a shame if they decide to disect one or even worse, save its soul.

Just some thoughts,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A documented discovery and revelation as to societal interaction would be akin to finding the missing link. WOW!

I'd noticed the recent fervor over this story yet hadn't given it that much attention, until now

Hopefully, it is truly all that it's being portrayed as ...

This warrants a more watchful eye, to say the least.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If these so called Bigfoot creatures are timid as they claim, why didn't they take some pictures?

How many times have we seen claims of Bigfoot and the abominable snowman with no photos to back up the claims.

I realize we have seen so called photos that are out of focus or taken at a very long range, but in this case they claim they are timid, how would they know that unless they got close enough to them? Again why no pictures?

That alone gives me doubts.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I found this story relating to this at Cryptomundo.com
This includes photos of claimed footprints. The evidence they are claiming to be releasing soon could be photos of the creatures.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
After so many testimonies and sightings, it would be a real eye opener for all the skeptics out there for this said to be "Myth" and will rock the scientific world of crypto and zoological worlds on thier heels, for sure! I personally always thought there is something to all of it , and now, seem's as if it could probably come full circle once and for all.
Excellent topic and evidence for this thread and I will be sure to keep my eye's peeled for more of the facts as they come as well. THNX!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This will really set the skeptics straight. Hopefully the information is realesed soon.

On the other hand, I can see why this kind of thing would be sensitive: "Let's go bigfoot huntin'"

If this actually happens it will probably be the greatest scientific discovery of the surrounding decades.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
well up north here its already monday and no breaking news in the tv about bigfoot yet i smell a fake.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
A documented discovery and revelation as to societal interaction would be akin to finding the missing link. WOW!

I'd noticed the recent fervor over this story yet hadn't given it that much attention, until now

Hopefully, it is truly all that it's being portrayed as ...

This warrants a more watchful eye, to say the least.

The missing link? I think not. The missing link would not be 10-12 feet tall. This will not prove or disprove nothing regarding Evolution or intelligent design.

It would be interesting though to see if they are intelligent? use tools? what type of culture they have?

If they actually exust I hope they are not hunted or experimented. If they exist they should be protected.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Ha! Not even a photo to back up their claim. But I would not want to judge about this right now. I can't wait for them to show us their discovery in other forms, not simply in words. If there still isn't any hard concrete evidence by April(proposed time of expedition), we can just say this is a hoax the Malaysians created to boost their tourism industry. But it would be a nice publicity success.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
ok - a couple of points :

#1 - the footprint pic on the cryptomundo site and the new paper are different

#2 - without being unkind - what kind of retard took the pics on crypotomundo ??? - where are the HQ pics - with reference scales ???

sheesh - thats basic first priporties

#3 - the entire 10 to 12 foot tall promate claim sets my BS alarm off right away - esp if no evidence is produced - extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary evidence

#4 - as pointed out - its been a month - what the heck are they doing out there ??

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The Daily Express is mainly read in East Malaysia. So I guess it's safe to assume whatever story they get about the Peninsular side comes from peninsular sources. Here are more articles on Bigfoot from papers that have a wider circulation and somewhat higher credibility in this country, The New Straits Times and The Star.

Growing Interest in Bigfoot

While the State Government is preparing its scientific expedition in April to track down the creature, a group from Singapore has conducted a Bigfoot experiment in Batam.

Members of the Singapore Paranormal Investigators group had planned a search in the jungles of Johor earlier this month, but their request to the Johor National Park Corporation for permission was turned down.

Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman had announced that local scientists would carry out their own study to verify any Bigfoot evidence and compile data before inviting foreign groups wishing to explore the phenomena.

Worldwide interest in the Johor Bigfoot was sparked by a report in the New Straits Times on Dec 23 of three workers building a fishpond in Kampung Mawai, Kota Tinggi, who claimed to have seen a Bigfoot family of two adults and a child.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A follow-up story from the same paper:

Fresh Bigfoot Footprints Located

PHYSICAL evidence of what could have been Bigfoot's was today found at the foothills of Panti Forest by bio-diversity researchers and media who investigated claims by villagers that they heard the creature's spine-chilling calls on Tuesday.

Following a three-hour trek into the jungle near Kampung Lukut in Panti, the team saw giant footprints and broken foliage two metres above ground which could only have been reached by a tall creature/s.

It was reported yesterday that residents of Kampung Lukut had been rudely awakened by the howling over the past four days.

Local biodiversity researcher Vincent Chow who led the group, including the NST and British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) media crew, said although wild buffaloes in the area had trampled over the tracks found at a stream, the group managed to find some untouched footprints believed to have been made by Bigfoot.

Researcher Chow (right) and Yazid measuring the freshly made giant footprints by the stream.

Look at the size of the footprint compared to the one made by a human (left).

And finally a news report from the other paper:

Bigfoot existence still in doubt

BY MEERA VIJAYAN

JOHOR BARU: The existence of Johor’s Bigfoot continues to be shrouded in mystery despite two sets of revelations by different groups here.

The Johor Wildlife Protection Society claimed that up to 40 Bigfoot creatures were living in the jungles in the state, including one that is supposedly 60 years old and nearing death.

At the same time, an expedition led by bio-researcher Vincent Chow said they had found two strands of hair embedded in dry clay in the jungles of Panti which could hold the key to prove the creatures exist.

Personally, I'm not sure if there is Bigfoot or not. I must concede that it's quite possible, the jungles of Johor cover more than 700 square kilometers. And that is connected to an even larger national park in the neighbouring state of Pahang. Not to mention this is thick, rainforest jungle. The kind of jungle people get hopelessly lost in.

See also:
Interesting Article on Malaysia's "Bigfoot"

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Can this article now be dismissed as a hoax?? There does not appear to have been anything else said about this, and it doesn't seem to have made the main networks across the globe sit up and take any notice of what has been said has it?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Dunno, they said they were gonna commence the expedition in April. I guess we just have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They way the article was written it made it sound like, evidence would be forthcoming asap.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I hope they are real, but the story never comes out

Think about how much media hype there has been over bode miller not medaling, and cheneys follies. What would happen with a ligitimate huge story ?
These poor creatuers would be captured, hunted, and we would give them all of our diseases for which they have no defense, ala the american indian.

I can only pray there are people in this world wise enough to delay any announcement over these concerns, but I suspect they are being hoaxed, or are drumming up attention for something else, like tourism

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
They could release footage and photo's but not reveal where the exact location of the creatures are.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is the latest bit of news concerning the Bigfoot issue. The state government has barred foreigners from coming in to look for the Bigfoot. The researchers involved said it would be embarassing if foreigners were the ones who spotted it first. Sounds rather dodgy to me.

Johor bars foreigners from hunt for Bigfoot

JOHOR BARU: Foreigners who enter Johor's jungles to hunt for Bigfoot are trespassing on state land, State Tourism and Environment Committee chairman Freddie Long said.

The state government's stand was that no foreign media, researchers, explorers or scientists could conduct such expeditions until the authorities established the facts about the Bigfoot's existence.

“We have not invited any foreigners for any sort of expedition and they are not permitted to go (into the forests),” said Long.

“If they do, that means they are trespassing.”

It's starting to sound very very dodgy, even to me, a local. Maybe they're trying to divert attention from the "scenic bridge" issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join