It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chernobyl - 20 years on

page: 1

join
share:
rdx

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have been a reading a recent magazine article that showed a thriving ecosystem in the immediate area adjacent to the Reactor. Apparently, Nature had managed survive and thrive in such a hostile envirnonment. Unfettered by man, the only (and most baffling phenomena) was that all living matter in that area recorded extremely high levels of radiation - what would normally be considered to be well in excess of a lethal dose.

Is this an expected phenomena?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me in the least. Time and time again when push comes to shove "life will find a way" to quote a decent novel and a medocre movie.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That doesn't make sense. The high level of radiation would cause too much mutation in the organism's genetic structure. Perhaps they are all short-lived creatures?

rdx

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
the pictures looked like a regular wood or forest, with all the creatures and organisms that you would normally find in such a place.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, we´ll see the results of the use of depleted uranium in IRAQ soon enough won´t we? Or at least our children will. And their children. And their children. and their children... and their child.. OK you get the point.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Is it just me thats wondering, "after 20 years, why no super heroes???"

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tommio
Is it just me thats wondering, "after 20 years, why no super heroes???"

CLASSIC!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Check this out:

www.kiddofspeed.com

It has all kinds of creepy pictures from Chernobyl.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet
Well, we´ll see the results of the use of depleted uranium in IRAQ soon enough won´t we? Or at least our children will. And their children. And their children. and their children... and their child.. OK you get the point.

Actually the main health hazard isn't the minute amount of Radiation in a DU Shell(it's why they call it "Depleted"), it's the Urainium itself which is a heavy metal like Lead and in dust form can wreak havok.

new topics

top topics

join