It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valley Of The Wolves IRAQ: A serious attack on U.S. presence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A powerful new film has come out which appearantly shows the view from the Iraqi people through the eyes of a turkish agent. With a budget of 10 Million USD the movie is the biggest Turkish production ever.

Reuters article here

Disturbing quote:

The characters left alive in "Wolves" are taken to the notorious Abu Ghraib prison, where their organs are cut out by a doctor (Gary Busey) and sent to recipients in New York, London and Tel Aviv.
The movie also re-enacts the infamous Lindy England/naked prisoner incident, with a female U.S. soldier corralling three writhing detainees. In the final showdown, U.S. forces begin their assault on a village by blowing up the mosque's minaret.

And:

"There's nothing exaggerated in there. It wasn't this film company that made these things happen," said Mehmet Canpolat, partner in production company Pana Film. "We put in a lot of things that came out of news reports. This is the stuff you see if you open up a newspaper in Turkey."

Main website here

Haven´t seen it yet, but are downloading the screener. Anyone know Turkish?

The film is set to come out all over europe this month, appearantly with subtitles.

HTG

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Just to add...

Here are some words to counter the film from Davids Medienkritik website

Few organizations have done more to encourage, exploit and profit from the anti-American bonanza in Germany than SPIEGEL. In edition after edition the publication has vilified, demonized and caricatured America and Americans.

Some food for discussion......

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The movie portreys US soldiers as maniacs who kidnap people and steal their organs for black market sale. Why would anyone take it seriously?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Watched the movie few days ago, actually found it very good. its not meant to be a factual film, its hollywood Turkish style. from what ive heard its making a fortune in europe at the moment..

All in all the film is partly based on a true story, after the true parts done it mixes fiction with true events and comes out with a wonderful film, that the likes of hollywood would of thrown $$millions at to off made it themselfs if those badges werent the stars and stripes.

i must point out, even the bad stuff in it, is being blown way outta proportion it is a rogue unit of US troops that are the bad guys in the film!!

Very Good film to watch. Just remember 70% of it is FICTION!!

[edit on 19-2-2006 by yeehaa]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
so, was the version you saw original audio in Turkish, subtitled, dubbed or what?

I have a screener which looks pretty good but is all in Turkish.

MEF

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
When I first heard about this, I thought, whoah! This is the same Turkey that refused 4ID to enter Iraq from the north. This is the Turkey that elected a center-right Islamic party into power. Oh no! And then I remembered the hubub about "Wag the Dog." Now everyone believes Clinton attacked Serbia to cover up Monica Lewinsky! Oh no!

But hey, relax. It's just a movie. How many movies has hollywood produced about rogue Russian soldiers stealing and selling nukes? Plenty. Didn't James Bond and Team America thwart North Korea's attempt at global chaos? I'm certan there have been hundreds of flicks produced over time wherein Indians and Pakistanis defeat each other in glorious battles in Kashmir. Hopefully most foreigners will see this as fiction.

And what about those who see it as truth? Well guess what, they already hated us before this movie.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yep, just a movie. Like all regular Hollywood stuff that depict terrorists as the enemy who are (naturally) from an arabic muslim state....

Nice to see a role reversal though...

Another thing: looking for English or Dutch subtitles to this, anyone?

[edit on 19-2-2006 by HardToGet]

new topics

top topics

join