It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist develops first flying saucer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Sorry if it has been posted already

News Article

www.int.iol.co.za... =iol113778960573S315

Designers site with video

www.gfsprojects.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
did you see how thay put the word "military" use for "mine feilds" n stuff first!

i tell ya now this is so messed up!

they wanna have everything first!, even tho they allread got it...
they dont want the public to have its hands on it, i wonder why..
use for mine fields? omfg wat else do they want, a soldier to have a jet pack so if the bridge is down they can fly across..?

why mess with the mine field when you can go right over it and let the people behind to dig the mines out or wat ever?

c'mon people use more than 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1% ya brain...

mod edit: Do not circumvent the censors

[edit on 19-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

c'mon people use more than 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1% ya brain...

Lol, i'm not the one making sensationalist claims about the government having already developed it's own 'flying saucers', as you call them.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Alredy posted. For more details >> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Sorry if it has been posted already

News Article

www.int.iol.co.za... =iol113778960573S315

Designers site with video

www.gfsprojects.co.uk...

This is pretty old tech. For this to fly all you need is extremely low mass relative to upper surface area.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This might be this man first flying disk, but it's by no means the first one ever built. One of the first ones built in the USA was the XF-5U1 Flapjack:

Here is a picture of the Prototype! This was built under Navy Contract in 1942. It never made it into service, but it did exist.

Tim

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Tim, that prototype is a completely different thing. In fact its nothing more than a conventional wing but of circular shape, the way it actually flies is no different to any other fixed wing aeroplane so it is not the same as this new invention, only a similar shape.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Waynos,

I see your point! The new craft flies in a different way. My only point was that this isn't the first time a disk shaped flying craft has been built by humans.

Now for my question of the day! In the article it sais:

How Hatton's flying saucer works is by allowing a blast of air to be blown over its thin surface.

I'm usually really good with flight dynamics, but I don't get this! What are they saying? Do they blow air from an outside source over the surface to create lift?

If so, how is this any different then testing a unpowered model airplane in a wind tunnel? Dose this thing make it's own wind to create lift? It sounds like the engine is creating the airflow over the wing to provide lift instead of pushing the craft forward like a normal engine!

Very Bizzar indeed!!

Tim

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
nice looking site, how do we know no strings are being used!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Scientist develops first flying saucer

Negative.

Flying Saucers were invented by aliens, a lot of years ago, so long we have no clue.

Furthermore, the nazis developed a conventional one during ww2.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

How Hatton's flying saucer works is by allowing a blast of air to be blown over its thin surface.

I'm usually really good with flight dynamics, but I don't get this! What are they saying? Do they blow air from an outside source over the surface to create lift?

If so, how is this any different then testing a unpowered model airplane in a wind tunnel? Dose this thing make it's own wind to create lift? It sounds like the engine is creating the airflow over the wing to provide lift instead of pushing the craft forward like a normal engine!

Very Bizzar indeed!!

Tim

becuase uses the coanda effect.
jnaudin.free.fr...

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
nonsense ... the powers that be have had & perfected this technology for many years now.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
Waynos,

I see your point! The new craft flies in a different way. My only point was that this isn't the first time a disk shaped flying craft has been built by humans.

Now for my question of the day! In the article it sais:

Very Bizzar indeed!!

Tim

Basically its a ducted fan blowing downward onto a light weight shell that stretches the downflow resulting in fast moving low pressure air over the entire upper surface of the shell. The tough part is maintaining laminar flow and so to assist with this they've used a lot of vertical vanes.

Typically accelerating air downwards with a ducted fan or propellor is a pretty inefficient so they are hoping they have found a way to reduce this inefficiency, by doing in principal, something not unlike combined cycle power plants that use a secondary process to reuse some of the energy that would other wise be wasted. Their idea isnt really new as people have been thinking about such designs for a long time. They are probably the first to actually build a radio controlled model and get some press.

[edit on 27-2-2006 by orca71]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94

becuase uses the coanda effect.
jnaudin.free.fr...

OK! I was unaware that the coanda effect could generate lift. I stand corrected. Thanks scienceguy.

Tim

top topics

join