It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 More Cartoon Related Deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
A Nigerian protest of the infamous Danish cartoons have turned into the most deadly and brutal incidents to date. This follows protests in Libya which resulted in 11 dead by the hands of security forces attempting to stop the violence and more torching in Indonesia to name just a few of the daily confrontations still continuing.

my.earthlink.net
Danish church officials met with a top Muslim cleric in Cairo, meanwhile, but made no significant headway in defusing the conflict.

And in what has become a daily event, tens of thousands of Muslims protested - this time in Britain, Pakistan and Austria - to denounce the perceived insult. On Sunday, some 400 protesters pelted the U.S. Embassy in Indonesia with rocks, tomatoes and eggs. They burned U.S. flags and smashed the windows of a guard post before dispersing.

But it was in Nigeria, where mutual suspicions between Christians and Muslims have led to thousands of deaths in recent years, that tensions boiled over into sectarian violence.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Apparently the NIgerian incident included the death of a priest and some children and most deaths resulted from being beat to death, though one man was entrapped in a tire and set ablaze.

Where can this end? What will appease these people? No apology seems enough at this point. They seem to expect entire countries to apologize for the actions of one man, while their mobs commit far worse crimes.

It just continues to spread from country to country and gets worse. It's mob rule at this point, why can't the countries where these protests are taking place declare martial law and forbid these protests?

There appears to be no sign of these daily incidents letting up, and it has gone far beyond property damage. Totally innocent people are now being murdered in the streets.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
TERRORISM: Pakistani Imam Offers $1MM Bounty for Assassination of Danish Cartoonists
NEWS: Cartoon protests turn deadly

[edit on 24-2-2006 by asala]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
"Apparently the NIgerian incident included the death of a priest and some children and most deaths resulted from being beat to death, though one man was entrapped in a tire and set ablaze. "

There. That'll show those darned cartoon-drawers! Especially killing the kids! Let that be the lesson to those crazy drawers.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Where can this end? What will appease these people? No apology seems enough at this point. They seem to expect entire countries to apologize for the actions of one man, while their mobs commit far worse crimes.

I can think of a few things but can't add them here. Amazingly this is allowed to happen. Let's not offend them any worse for fear of who knows what.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is not about the drawings anymore, that's for sure. They're just using that as an excuse to take out their rage and kill people who are different than them. I wouldn't doubt that their lives of religious dogmatic suppression has something to do with the vehemence being displayed. But that's another thread...

why can't the countries where these protests are taking place declare martial law and forbid these protests?

No. let's not do that.
Peaceful protest is an exercise of free speech. We have to be careful not to confuse protest with violence. If it were up to me, I know what I'd do. I would have law enforcement watching these 'protests', and take action upon the first sign of violence. They would learn the difference between peaceful protest and violence in a very quick and permanent way.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

why can't the countries where these protests are taking place declare martial law and forbid these protests?

Why? Nigeria's not exactly a country that is inexperienced with riots and death. This is a blip on the radar.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How can you really protest against a cartoon? and how is rioting in the streets accomplishing anything?

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
very smart people. Now they are living with Muhanmmad....

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
These people, Urinate on, Poo on, Burn, and god knows what else they do to our, Flags, Bibles, Holy books, ect, and what do we do in protest? NADDA we ignor it.

But a simple cartoon, sends these savges into chaos.

I propose a sullution to this (Problem)

We put out thousands of mohommad cartoons, We Uriniate on, Poo on, and Burn, there Flags, there Holy books, ect, Then watch them riot and wipe themsleves out..

Its much cheaper and effective then this war..

1.It gets all the crazy savages in the same place at the same time.
2.They kill each other, Saving us the cost of Bullets, and bombs..
3.We dont even need troops do do it.. just a video camera and a willing news source..

new topics

top topics

join