It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax breaks on SUV's! ?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Now I thought that that one good thing coming from the high gas prices, would be getting people to stop buying poluting cars (SUVS), and going towards hybrids. There was incintive then, now anymore...

They are giving BIGGER tax breaks to the SUV owners! I'm living in a crazy world.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 18-2-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Because the oil companies have the world in their pocket. DUH.

It is only natural that we drag our feet on alternative energy technology and give tax breaks to the people who will spend that money on more oil/gasoline.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So.. wait.. the US is going to give Tax Breaks to people that were so stupid and selfish enough to go out and get an SUV that guzzles gas when there are other options available? In my opinion, if they buy such a stupid vehicle, then they have to pay the price, not taxpayers.

This is a shamefull day for the enviroment, its like encouraging people to spill oil in the sea or something.. just stupid.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by ekul08]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

This is a shamefull day for the enviroment, its like encouraging people to spill oil in the sea or something.. just stupid.

My sentiments exactly! It's like they actually think we are all stupid, or they think we are so weak we won't do anything about it. The sad part is that so far, they're right. AAC

[edit on 18-2-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I understand these tax breaks on SUV’s to be only for small businesses, not individuals and the SUV’s must be used specifically for business.

Small businesses owners are not apt to purchase something they do not need. If they need a pick-up they buy a pick-up, same goes for vans and such…

I agree that the legislation should change, but the article is spinning this off to be bigger than it probably is currently. By the articles own admission, no one tracks the deduction; there is no way of knowing what negative impact, if any, has been made.

I’ll wager if the state and local government stopped buying SUV’s with your tax dollars there would be a much bigger impact.

mg

new topics

top topics

join