It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone speak Japanese?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Kowaranai egao de Mitsumete it soba ni iru kara

...Someone said that to my friend and we're trying to figure out what it means...

EDIT: Sorry if its innapropriate, I really have no clue what it says but the person who said it may be trying to hint at something bad (I just realized it)...

[edit on 18-2-2006 by Reikuro]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I don't speak Japanese so you should wait for a better translation than mine. I think it says something along the line of "Keep smiling" or "Nice smile" and "lets get together forever" or something. I don't think there is any profanity in there unless it was meant sarcastically.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reikuro
Kowaranai egao de Mitsumete it soba ni iru kara

To the best of my translating abilities,

kowaranai - unchanging
egao - smiling face
de - because of, from

mitsumete - gazing into someone's eyes
it - not Japanese, maybe itsu - when?
soba ni iru kara - I am beside you

So something like

"I will be here beside you smiling staring into your eyes"

Oh, what a romantic!!

Does that help?

Edited with help from a Native speaker!! I got it arse-ways it seems!

[edit on 19-2-2006 by howmuchisthedoggy]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
On a slightly related topic, how do I install Kanji characters for windows XP? currently when I view Japanese sites or any other language sites I see jibberish instead of the foreign characters (not that it matters, I can't read them anyway).

This is a little frustrating to me since Win98 always downloaded the language sets for me

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
On a slightly related topic, how do I install Kanji characters for windows XP? currently when I view Japanese sites or any other language sites I see jibberish instead of the foreign characters (not that it matters, I can't read them anyway).

This is a little frustrating to me since Win98 always downloaded the language sets for me

This should do the trick....

www.microsoft.com...

This may also help

www.kanzaki.com...

As for the guy saying that to that person's friend, it seems a bit creepy. Tell me if the translation makes any sense in the context of the situation!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
"I will be here beside you smiling staring into your eyes"

That figures, seeing as how the guy is trying to steal my best friend's girlfriend (the girl he said it to)....Wow Kyoshi's gonna be angry.

new topics

top topics

join