It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman takes on Al-Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, I once had a Very High Opinion about Mister Frank Miller...

I simply Love his Work in Sin City and I have my own copies of those Novels.

And the Movie was also most Excellent.

But...

Batman "kicks al-Qaida's ass"

Bored with pitting his wits against the Joker and the Riddler, Batman is setting his sights on a more challenging target - Osama bin Laden.

Frank Miller, the famed Batman writer, sees the caped crusader facing off against al-Qaida operatives who attack Gotham City in Holy Terror, Batman!

Miller, who has inked his way through 120 pages of the 200-page opus, told a recent comic book convention that the novel was an unashamed "piece of propaganda" in which Batman "kicks al-Qaida's ass".

I really do not Understand anymore - Mister Miller said its an Unshamed Piece of Propaganda and that Batman - ofcourse - kick Al-Qaeda's ass.

What else!

Well, if Bush can't Find Osama - BATMAN WILL!

I guess the American people have nothing more to Fear - because mister Rumsfeld is also a close friend to Spiderman!

And Captain America!

Related Links:
IGN: Holy Terror, Batman!
Batman: Holy Terror
Holy propaganda! Batman is tackling Osama bin Laden
Batman battles a villain named Osama

[edit on 18/2/06 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Superheroes are suppose to fight evil!

It's not propaganda, it's capitalism!

Can't wait for the book! Can't wait for the movie!

Go Batman!

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
wow you really are anti american .

XL5

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
LOL at Rumsfeld. He's looking down at Spidermans "hammer of justice" and thinking "if only the PR guys hired Wonder Woman and Batwoman!". Sending Batman seems just as silly as posing between two men in tight fitting spandex. Sending 007 would be better or even G.I. Joe.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Oooooh DOWN WITH AMERICAN CAPITALIST PIGGIES.

Didn't anybody else understand what Orwell was trying to say?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This is hardly new.

There were literally hundreds of stories published in the 40s starring Superman and the Justice League/Justice Society in which they battled against Hitler and his armies.

Mixing of comics and wars has been going on for ages, go look up Sgt. Rock.

EDIT: Here's a Superman from July/August 1942:
external image

In case you can't tell, he's captured Hitler and Hirohito.

[edit on 2-19-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Poor Captain America! The look on his face is priceless as he covers his own modesty with his shield. I think this is a perfect metaphor for the relationship between America, DOD and New York!!! Go Spidey!!

As for the comic book, I will reserve judgement until I see it. Frank Miller has always had an interesting take on the current political climates that his comic books were published in. I doubt this one will be any different.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
This is hardly new.

There were literally hundreds of stories published in the 40s starring Superman and the Justice League/Justice Society in which they battled against Hitler and his armies.

Yeah I know that this is Nothing New to say - but its STILL a piece of Propaganda! And I think its sooooo Funny, since Al-Qaeda is actually the CIA-MI6-Mossad's Baby, so is Batman Gonna fight them, foreign Intelligence agencies?

Anyway, I would like to see this Comic Book myself, Mister Frank Miller did not let me down so far, so maybe he will come up with an original scenario for this story - you never know with him!

What he said about the Forthcoming book and the role of Comic book super Heroes:

"Superman punched out Hitler. So did Captain America. That's one of the things they're there for. These are our folk heroes. It just seems silly to chase around the Riddler when you've got al-Qaida out there."

I think sometimes Comic book heroes in America are treated with more respect then presidents, with more respect then people - almost on the same level as Gods.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Ok I just had to add this but doesnt it look like rumsfeld is checking out spideys you know what?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by Djarums
I think sometimes Comic book heroes in America are treated with more respect then presidents, with more respect then people - almost on the same level as Gods.

I dont think this is true, i think ronald Mc donald has gotten more respect then comic book heroes. Superman and Batman are old news, Bring in the Ham Burglar and Ronald Mcdonald!

If you ask me, i think the guys just trying to make money, almost like everything else in this world is for, money.
If you were a real little kid, like a 7 year old, and you hear your mom and pops talking about osama bin laden and how dangerous he is, wouldnt you want to see him getting beat down by your favorite action hero?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Good!

Batman was always krunk because he doesn't have super powers like Spidey or Supes. Maybe he can get them. Leave him on the case anyway; he can't do a worse job of catching al-CIAda, whoops, I mean al-Qaeda
, than SuperChimp Bush and his super lying friends.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ahh, but Superman called Batman the most dangerous man alive. He's supposed to be the most intelligent superhero out there (so naturally, it would make sense that he would go after Al'Queda). He would actually fit in with this crowd here, as he is extremely paranoid. Mentally, he is one of the world's greatest scientists, criminologists, tacticians, and disguise artists.

If anyone can take down Al'Queda, Batman can!

Souljah, this is propaganda? Yes, it is, but so is everything you type here. Propaganda is anything intended to persuade someone to agree. Propaganda isn't a bad thing, but it has gotten a bad name. If you're convinced the "L" key is evil, and fear typing with it, and I try to convince you it doesn't have little fangs just waiting for you to present your fingers, I'm using propaganda, but doing so to convince you of the truth.

info on propaganda

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Does Raj al-Ghoul figure in it?

At least its not Captain America. Hell, at least Captain America didn't cajole Captain Britian into getting involved in it inspite of oppsition from Justice League Europe, while Sgt. Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos insist that its nothing like Vietnam.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This subject was first reported a couple of days ago in BTS.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

join