It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New European Freemason Headquarters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Peter,

There is at least one major point you seem to have missed. Free Masonry is NOT a religion.

The beliefs of the individual mason is not the consern of the orginisation. We allow NO discussion of the individual faiths of our members. There are many other venues for religious discussion, but the masonic lodge is not one of them. This applies to all faiths, not just to the teaching of Christ.

I appriciate your sympathy, but with the exception of my spelling it is misplaced.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Peter,

Although I'm not sure I agree with the information regarding any "New European Freemason Headquarters" please refer to this post I made in another thread to understand what will happen if you try to debate with ML over any ideas that Freemasonry is a religion:

My words:

"Masonry has degenerated into a form of materialism that is very dangerous. You are wise to stay far away from any lodge that does not admit to anything more than a place where everyone just meets and brings their own beliefs and does good deeds. Of course, it sounds harmless and all; I mean who does bring to a lodge or even a church for that matter, exactly the same tastes, inclinations, beliefs etc? But then again, I see few Christians defending the established "church lodge', as I do Masons. Real Christians moreover, tend to defend "Christianity" and not the church, per se.

Here now is the real issue - the point which so few Masons seem able to grasp and the reason why I chose not to continue debating with them:

1) When we speak of their historical religious ties, based on either symbolism or actions, they deny it. It is only but a lodge (they say) where good men meet and do good deeds. Yet, I know personally that Masonry was not only connected to the Templar’s but it was in fact aligned with, and supported the mystical Protestant sects. In other forums, I have spent weeks engaged in debate with high-level Masons who continue to tell me that Freemasonry has no roots to the Templar’s, or Rosicrucian’s and that their symbols are not in any way connected to the early Solomon teachings or builders either. Of course, in them saying so, they remind you that you are not a Mason and they are, without first being sure to find out who they are talking to.

I have spend a great deal of time trying to convince them and eventually we reach a point of understanding which may be of particular interest to those with a keen mind - we find that those same defenders of Masonry eventually agree that "yes", there are ancient ties to religion, but of course they tell us, nothing is KNOWN FOR SURE and we may never know? Yet, we move on to trying to speak about the very definition of this so-called "religion" connection. Thus, naturally it follows that we must now spend hours; peddling through semantics to explain "what exactly is religion" and thus the Masons will always win because truly, religion is a problem to begin with and “spirituality” is often something else entirely!

However, when the Masons do agree that there may be some connection to "spirituality" and masonry, they at this point move to remind us that every lodge has its own flavor and that every mason is as unique as art itself. Now, without shedding tears for such glorious terms as this, I can agree with them, however if you can now see where I am heading with this, they will next try and oppose any wrong doing of an individual mason to masonry itself because even if a member is traced to a lodge (even if those members are in very high rank) their actions are not necessarily incumbent of the lodge as a whole. Of course, once again, dear friend, they WIN.

The very point I make now, is that in fact they rarely take any responsively for anything at all! And those who associate themselves with such apathetic materialism are not worth wasting much time over. Once again, Masonry created America and was at one time Christianized and later became un-Christianized......yet Masons find this notion insulting; even disgusted by it! Even though there are loads of books written by Christian-Masons in those days, once again they win, because those Christian-masons the masons will of course tell us, were not representing true masonry anyhow, thus the author was just ignorant or mistaken.

Even still the Pythagoras symbols are used...even still the Solomon symbols...and the rites but they are nothing at all; they are to be understood only in the "materialist" nature...they will exclaim "there is nothing at all religious connected in masonry". Ironically, many Masons remind us that we just don’t yet know "the secret". This in of by itself, should raise an eyebrow as to the very reason for why there need be any secret found in something materialistic in nature in the first place.

Truly, I will use the Masons logic and remind them ALL that the problem here is not the Mason himself, the problem here is the persons calling themselves "Masons" are "materialists" – thus their degrees are useless and amount to pride and egoism, since it is nothing more than a lodge anyhow and they insult the true masons - who may in fact, be posting here and very frustrated."

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by markusjharper
Could it be a freemasonic symbol, as many know the one on the US dollar was put there by the Freemasonic "Order of the Quest", aka JASON society?

Hmmm...and here I always thought the Great Seal was put on the one dollar note by Congress. Thanks for clearing it up!

I Don't know if the Order of the Quest is really the JASON Society or not; but you may want to read Manly P. Hall's "Secret Destiny of America", "Orders of the Quest" and "America's Assignment With Destiny" if you haven't already.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Mods - I would request that this thread is reviewed.

The originator posted supossition which he is not prepared to discuss, and now seems intent on derailing his own thread by talking about freemasonry and religion. I see no conspiracy content here despite the promising start.

I think the originator has an ax to grind.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peter Johns
Read this from a fellow mason....

The following letter of resignation or demiture is taken from a book called "Masonry, Beyond the Light" by William Schnoebelen ISBN 0937958387!

Or...

Read this from a Masonic researcher who is quite familiar with the tactics and lies of Mr. Schnoebelen.

If you don't believe the Masons' writings, you can check out the Wikipedia article on him here, or the article on him by a Wiccan researcher here.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

Can anyone enlighten me as to why the Off shore tax haven of UK Guernsey was chosen to build the only freemasonary pyramid in Europe without the top on?

Hi Peter

Your questions begs more questions, as there is no Europe-wide masonic organization and the pyramid isn't a masonic symbol. Why do you think this pyramid is masonic, and why do you think it is a new headquarters for a masonic organization?

With Guernsey's strong link to the Crown of England and the unique position within the European Union as a safe place to hide your money one can see why the headquarters were built here. Especially with French and English Royalty as members of the freemason cult which is in turn all controlled from London.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

With Guernsey's strong link to the Crown of England and the unique position within the European Union as a safe place to hide your money one can see why the headquarters were built here. Especially with French and English Royalty as members of the freemason cult which is in turn all controlled from London.

The headquarters are not built there. You have no evidence, circumstantial or otherwise. You're just making it up. UGLE HQ is in London and everyone knows it.

Only one member of the British Royal family is a freemason to my knowledge. There hasn't been any French royalty since the Revolution over 200 years ago.

Really Peter, you're going to have to come up with something tangible for us to discuss, or please stop wasting our time.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Student
Peter,

There is at least one major point you seem to have missed. Free Masonry is NOT a religion.

The beliefs of the individual mason is not the consern of the orginisation. We allow NO discussion of the individual faiths of our members. There are many other venues for religious discussion, but the masonic lodge is not one of them. This applies to all faiths, not just to the teaching of Christ.

I appriciate your sympathy, but with the exception of my spelling it is misplaced.

Quote from UGLE HQ

Freemasonry is not a religion, nor is it a substitute for religion. Its essential qualification opens it to men of many religions and it expects them to continue to follow their own faith. It does not allow religion to be discussed at its meeting.

No! It's a cult run by religious nutters.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Student
Peter,

Quote from UGLE HQ

Freemasonry is not a religion, nor is it a substitute for religion. Its essential qualification opens it to men of many religions and it expects them to continue to follow their own faith. It does not allow religion to be discussed at its meeting.

No! It's a cult run by religious nutters.

Brilliant, did you formulate that hypothesis all by yourself? When does the experimentation begin?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join