It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Ross/Joy of Painting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am watching Joy of Painting, I always get a weird tingly feeling in my head when I watch and I'm not sure what it is. Anyone else get that feeling? it feels wierd, good, but weird, and happens when I watch JOP, or a documentary, or when I am at a lecture.

Also, I know this is Televsion, as JOP is a TV Show, but this topic is more on the weird tingly feeling I get in my head when I watch it. So if wrong place or whatever move it.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You're not alone.

Bob Ross is not human. That tingly feeling is his voice....subliminal messages. I strongly advise you wear a tinfoil hat.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Bob Ross is amasing!

He has fantastic talent which is gob smacking!

My dad and i watched it when i was little age range 4-18 (im 18 now!)

He is Wicked!

Oni x x

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sadly, I believe he passed away a few years ago.

But his "happy little trees" shall live on forever in re-runs.

Viva Happy Little Trees!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I loved watching him, and his "happy little trees." Yes, he's dead now; a real loss because he was so kind and gentle. However, there's a Roy Underhill on the PBS program "The Woodwright's Shop" who's every bit as much fun and in much the same way as Bob Ross.

He works with craftsman's tools from 1910 and earlier; routers and planes and saws from before the time these were electrical tools.

I hope you get a chance to catch the show!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I've seen it but didn't get the same tingly sensation so didn't keep watching.

Although I do love those Happy Little Trees, and they always need a friend.

ANd yes Bob Ross died, he also did stuff with wildlife, like take in injured animals until they were healthy enough to be released.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
"Little bit of black, a little bit of blue.. some criss-cross strokes, or little x's, whatever you want to call them. Whatever. There you go."

Ah yes, Bob Ross...
I had forgotten it has been 11 years since he passed, I think that is when I stopped watching his program because they started doing reruns.
I do remember some of his little friends he would take in, I think one he showed was a bird with an injured wing, not to many people with a heart like that.
He was surely one of a kind.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yeah Bob Ross was a good man. I used to watch him with my aunt and uncle when i was younger. I remember always wanting to do something else...like play video games, go build a fort or terrorize the neighborhood...but for some reason he was like a magnet, I just had to watch him...I could'nt go away.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I loved watching Bob Ross. Honestly, listening to the guy was very relaxing. I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat watching that show. Not that it was boring but just because the guy's voice was so soothing.

He definitely was about as gentle a soul as I've ever seen. I always thought that it might all be an act and when the cameras turned off the guy turned into Ike Turner.

Best 'fro on a white man ever.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Did he really pass on? He was awesome, use to watch him and try to copy him with my cheap crayons and paint.

top topics

join