It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bookstores are irritating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Have you noticed that a bookstore can have five or more copies of one particular book all of them will be in BAD CONDITION from people flipping through them or reading them in the store. This causes the pages to warp and become stained yellow from sweat.

Why do bookstores think they can push damaged merchandise? They aught to shrinkrap the damn books, but there would always be some jerk to tear it open (like they do with Bibles.)

Oh well that's why I mostly stick with public domain books since they can be read online for free.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I buy my books from a shop called, Waterstones. The books there are in perfect condition.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I am careful with property that isnt mine but I love going to a bookstore and looking for my next book to read. very pleasurable and I end up spending crazy money.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I buy my books from a shop called, Waterstones. The books there are in perfect condition.

Same here. Waterstones is a very good bookstore, none of that yellowed, creased/ripped nonsense from them.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I love bookstores, and I sometimes buy new books, but my bookshelves at home are seriously out of space. So that's one reason I'm a library user as well as a library worker and student. Keep in mind, though, that the bookstore bias is too often "what's new" rather than "what's great" on any given topic. Even worse, the bookstore computers can only look up new items by title or by author...lookups by topic are Not An Option, which is a serious deficiency.

Nowadays, more and more library books can be downloaded onto your computer for reading without an actual trip to the library. Don't have a fast computer at home? No prob... more and more libraries offer notebook computers for loan.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Then again, if the condition of books at your bookshop is poor, order them online brand new.

new topics

top topics

join