It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with Iran- Casualty Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If the United States becomes engaged in a war with Iran, how many casualties would Iran, the United States, and Israel have if they are in a war for say about three years. I'm just curious to see how it would compare to that of the war in Iraq, knowing the stronger military capabiltites of Iran and the threat of massive weapons being used. Include deaths /injuries, and civilian too.

im very concerned about the future of our country

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Im unsure of casualties, but id be willing to bet that there would be a draft if a ground war was fought in Iran. the military are having difficulty keeping up their numbers now, I couldnt imagine if there was a ground assault in Iran.

I imagine the first phases will be a joint Israeli/American air strikes for at least a week or so....then the ground invasion begins.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. This thread is interesting to say the least. Any speculation as to dead are...just speculation. There are just way too many ( variables) that would come into play. Just by making an assumption of plain numbers would be rather hard. If I were pressed into a corner, I'd say take the pouplation of New York or of L.A. and add a million if it turned out to go nuclear. If it went Bio., or both, the sky is the limit. I hope to never see that day, but as sure as the sun sets in the west, it's coming down to a dueal in the near future. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My estimate would be worser for you guys than it was in Vietnam, of course there won't be any war, we all know it but I'm guessing more than 50,000 dead on US side.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by Bozorgh]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The US would never allow a conflict that would cause 50,000 casualties especially with a nation so stupid as to internationally declare its intent to produce nuclear weapons. Also lets remember this so-called rich oil nation allows 90% of its poplulation to live in abject poverty while the ruling class pontificates is rediculous nuclear aggenda. Iran will be horrifically defeated just like any other nation who threatens the Western civilized world.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't think it would even make sense to compare a war with Iran with the war in Iraq. Iran has not been held down by embargoes and constant other issues and set backs like Iraq had.

On the other hand, Iran has a huge youth population who hates their govt and wants U.S. involvement.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by opticalserenity
I don't think it would even make sense to compare a war with Iran with the war in Iraq. Iran has not been held down by embargoes and constant other issues and set backs like Iraq had.

On the other hand, Iran has a huge youth population who hates their govt and wants U.S. involvement.

Kids, all this self-consuming hatred and Islamophobia would consume you like your uncle Sharon. Actually Iran is now in the vangurad of Islamic revival and has mass appeal everywhere. So keep dreaming while the great caravanserai of Islamic revival marches on while the sage yahood bark on.....

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
opticalserenity, look at the top right of the screen, it says you have X# u2u's. That's private messages.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
it would be far higher then Iraq for a few reasons

1. Iran is much larger meaning forces will be spread out more over diffrent types of terrain not just sand.

2. Iranian insurgents will be pasistant and better armed and trained.

3. they arent arabs and wont run for the hills

4. after what happend in prisons in iraq not many will surrunder.

5. iran its self has thousends of missiles (anti ship, sam , surface to ground) to cause enough damage before falling.

and last of all the country isnt a third world country like iraq which has sufferd decades of santions and bombings which even a third world contry
could have bombed with ease.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beaburt
The US would never allow a conflict that would cause 50,000 casualties especially with a nation so stupid as to internationally declare its intent to produce nuclear weapons. Also lets remember this so-called rich oil nation allows 90% of its poplulation to live in abject poverty while the ruling class pontificates is rediculous nuclear aggenda. Iran will be horrifically defeated just like any other nation who threatens the Western civilized world.

You seem to know so much don't you?, did you live back then when Shah was in power? that son of a bitch kept everything for himself, didn't give a dam about nobody else. The only thing he could of think of was let me bend down on some American and get all the military crap i can take. Why do you think we all went up against him and formed up a new government. We have the best Islamic democracy in the world, way better than Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan, Syria etc.... btw you shouldn't be talking about Irans poverty when US is higher!!!

Edit: Censor circumvention and blanket insult remove.

Read the T&C, this type of posting is NOT permitted. Refain please.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
90% of Iran lives below the international GDP poverty level as established by the WTO....that is the cold hard truth. As for the USA..lol...we have the largest middle class in the world...Census reports an average US income of $44,000 annually, comparitively speaking Iran is $6,000 annually so lets not start comparing national well being. The Persian Empire was powerful.....what does that mean......so were the Romans, Chinese, and British, but thats history. The current REALITY is that the United States is the worlds soul SUPERPOWER, we dictate world affairs in a humain way unlike the middle eastern countries. I think you are living in the past.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well determining numerical casualty estimates is very difficult because of way to many variables.

But the overall casualty rate can be defined depending on the type of war.

If we were to invade Iran with the intention of regime change and with the intention to install another democracy, than the US casualties would be higher than in Iraq. Also the time period from invasion to withdrawal would be longer.

If we wanted to destroy Iran and everything in it with little regard for civil infrastructure or casualties the US would suffer less casualties then in Iraq, and the war also wouldn’t last long.

If our intention is to just attack Iran to destroy its military assets and facilities then the US would again suffer less casualties then in Iraq, and the war again would not last very long.

Note: I mainly focused on the US casualties because there are very wide-ranging estimates of the Iraqi casualties. So its very hard to compare how may Iranian civilians or military personnel will die.

It’s also important to note that in all three war scenarios the US casualty count would be nowhere near or over 54K.

top topics

join