It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Download Festival 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well, as far as I know, I'm definately going to Download Festival this summer. It starts on Friday 9th June and ends on Sunday 11th June - which just happens to be 8 days after my 18th birthday, so expect a VERY drunk me!

Is anybody else going?

Edit to add: I'll only be going if I can find some way of getting down there! I don't drive yet, which sucks!

[edit on 18-2-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hehe i've never even heard of this thing.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As if, man. It's a metal (well.. used to be until they started booking God awful bands) festival held in Donington, UK.

Metallica are headlining Saturday night! They better play some old school stuff... I don't wanna hear ANYTHING from St. Anger.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Name a couple of other bands that will be there.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by The Juvey]

[edit on 18-2-2006 by The Juvey]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
At the moment, they've announced 7 bands out of about 130.

• Metallica
  • Korn
  • Deftones
  • Clutch
  • Trivium
  • Prodigy
  • Bullet for my Valentine

I'm not impressed with the line-up so far, BFMV SUCK! It should pick up soon though, I hope...

Official Download Festival Website

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Trivium are pretty good, KoRn have a couple of good songs (but most sucks)

I hate Metallica to be honest, but it would still be pretty cool to see them live.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Trivium are okay... they're starting to annoy me now though. I like Korn's older stuff, I heard a few songs from their new album and I can't stand it! They're like pop/metal/industrial, it's just awful. All the choruses sound way too "poppy".

I like Metallica, they're legends, I just wanna hear them play some old school songs instead of their latest crap.

I really, REALLY hope CCLIVE (Download Festival organisers) book the following:

• Meshuggah
  • Mushroomhead (I spoke to their singer, Jeffrey Nothing, and he said they probably won't play Download because they can't afford to fly all their stuff over to England
    )
  • Fear Factory
  • Killswitch Engage
  • In Flames
  • Slayer

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I kinda like In Flames, they are pretty good. But i'm not really a fan of Metal music.

top topics

join