It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the media Biased?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Link: (at far right of page for the poll)
gogov.com...

Thus far........
Do you believe the major media use the news to promote a political opinon and issues they favor?
- Yes, they are very biased these days, blatantly so. 44%
- No, the news outlets simply report the news. If people don't like it, it is because of their own bias. 56%

ATS'ers........make your opinion count!
Well all know otherwise, don't we?
MAke your stance here on how you would answer this and, if you wish, make it known by voting your feelings on this.

What do you think......?

I vote that media IS biased...pretty near all of it!

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 5-10-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
should make a poll so we can see a % of ats..

id say yeah biased.. they spin stuff about all the time...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The Blade Runner,
Sadly, I was going to do just that but I didn't find the poll option...even in the chit chat forum....maybe I missed it..dunno...good thought though and thanks for responding.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Media owners definitely dictate editorial policy, many of them admit to this.

Furthermore they hire editors and journalists that have the same viewpoints that they do.

Jouralism schools also have a strong tendency to be left of centre in their political viewpoints.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
IS THE MEDIA BIASED?! WILL A JUNKIE STEAL FOR A FIX?!
Who would you listen to in corporate America: the guy with
the good intentions or the guy holding out large wads of
cash. Anyone who actually believes that the media is independant of corporate sponsorship or gov't motivated means is crazy,
addle or just woke up from a cryogenic experiment circa 1955!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I love how in the country that is supposed to be based on freedom, we have the most brainwashing government influenced media in the world. Basically our country is run by rich corperate people who have influences in all aspects of media.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
IS THE MEDIA BIASED?! WILL A JUNKIE STEAL FOR A FIX?!

I still like: Is the Pope Catholic?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think it varies with every media outlet but the major ones are biased in some way or other, its not always about people being biased towards some group but other groups may be more cooperative towards the news media and therefor get more airtime or credence to their politics.

Theres not one unbiased news outlet on the planet, everyone has their own little agenda to pursue, especially the newscasters and reporters presenting the shows or articles.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Is the media biased?

Does a bear # in the woods?

I have a feeling that the media can go very far in the world as long as they are happy to report warm and fuzzy human interest stories or the particular media spin that the Cabal needs.

Should you ever begin reporting the truth, or in a spin that does not further the political goals of the Cabal, your media career is at a sudden end...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I can't bundle all media into an amorphous category "the media" to include all media in all countries, it doesn't work.

Some outlets are more objective than others. I think there are apolitical unbiased news outlets, plenty of them, but certainly not in the mainstream media of most western countries.

Some on the other hand are complete writeoffs.

Some give more of a free rein to writers, and let the writers' own biases come through, which doesn't make the whole medium biased.

I think the figures in Seekerof's first post are bollocks and disinformation based on leading questions that create the wrong impression that people trust the news. The report in and of itself is biased.

Look at each medium and each outlet on its merits, and if you recognize a bias that makes it less reliable, don't use it as part of your 'truth seeking'.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i vote yes, they are very much so, cnn,fox,msnbc

anyone know any "national" none left winger news websites?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yes!

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
media is baised and if you know anything about the recall in california you will say yes too.
for example the media is talk about arnold groping women but not about davis cusing in office and abusing women.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
For the most part I feel that the media is very much biased!

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Some good examples of media bias noted here.

Annother recent one where I live, we just had a provincial election here (like a state), the conservatives (republicans), were just tossed out.

This happened because nearly the entire media turned on them. It was not a problem with the government which had shifted quite left anyways nor the leader that had proved his competency but the almost unanimous support of the media for the liberals (democrats).

Thus it is apparent to me that the people at the top decided the outcome of that election for their purposes. Since most people know little about politics and they obtain nearly all their information from the mainstream media then it is very easy to cook' the outcome most of the time.

new topics

top topics

join