It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Cup 2006: who will be the Champion?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin

That's just stupid. He deserved a red car, plus the referee was standing right besides him and saw all...

If you watch the footage, the ref is only going to give a free-kick but as soon as Rooney pushed Ronaldo, the ref looks over and grabs his card.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
If you watch the footage, the ref is only going to give a free-kick but as soon as Rooney pushed Ronaldo, the ref looks over and grabs his card.

The ref was just besides Rooney and saw it all...
You really think he gave him a red card just because Ronaldo told him to do...??
Really... you think that...? you can't be serious...

Besides Rooney deserved to be expelled, don't you agree with that?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I didn't once say that Rooney got sent off because Ronaldo told the ref to, so I don't see where you got that idea from.

The ref didn't see his foot on the guy's nads, his view was awful, Rooney's body was in the way of the ref getting a view of Rooney's foot. He saw Rooney push Ronaldo, and THEN grabbed his red card. I believe the ref gave Rooney the card for pushing Ronaldo.

Watch the video, the ref has his arm out, indicating a Portugal freekick. When Rooney pushes that cheating craphead, the ref then blows his whistle and gives a red card!

The ref should've given England a freekick way before any of this because the two portugeuse players were clearly fouling Rooney.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
For playing the game in the spirit in which its meant to be played, and actually staying on his feet? abosolutely not. He was catching his balance after being fouled repeatedly. Do you think he actually hit Carvalho's love plumbs? Cos I doubt ANY player from any team could carry on after being studded in the happy sacks. Carvalho did, so he didn't get hit where it hurts. Play acting, bad sportsmanship, cojoling the ref. All sins Portugal were guilty off and still are.

And Ronaldo's a wanker anyway, we watch him in the EPL week in week out, we already know what a complete asshat he is.

And we know we didn't play well, we know we didnt really have much chance. From squad selection to team formation, damn near everything was wrong. The issue here is that Rooney and Ronaldo are club team mates, and supposedly friends, and as such you would expect a little loyalty even in the world cup. Are you aware Ronaldo told Rooney in the tunnel pre KO he would get him sent off?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Gone are the days when football was a real sport, which was played with honour and class. All thanks to clowns like C.Ronaldo.

I really, REALLY, REALLY hope FIFA write a few new laws for football, i.e, divers will be punished, players who go up to referee's and complain about a foul, etc., should be banned for life. The referee is there to make HIS OWN decision, that's what they're funking trained for and paid for, yet we still get arseholes like Ronaldo being a complete tiny piece of... excriment. Ok, I'll stop now.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thinking about it Peronemlin, since your an Argentinian fan, lets put it in a way you'll understand. Rooney gave Carvalho the Boot Of God, and so he should not only have got away with it, he would of gone on to score the winner, hattricked in the semi and booked Englands place in the final all on his own!

I keed I keed!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
lol @ Ridcully.

Watch this Video.

The very first part is in German, but Eric speaks in English. Watch it!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well i have to say towards the finals this years world cup has turned out to bring some surprising results. As it is the three big teams are out Brazil , Argentina and England. For the majority down here (India) it was either Brazil or England to win.. Both teams had equal amount of crazy fans! And look what happend!

And now.. Germany is out! Is that in anyway a big shock that the Italians defeated them? .. Not to me.. The Germans were in Form this year meanwhile the Italians have a better strategy. And apart from that anyone has noticed yesterdays game would feel that the german players seemed nervous while playing yesterday.
In about an hour its going to be France Vs. Portugal. My feeling is that the grand finale will be Italy Vs. France .. but hmmm from anything i learned at this world cup is not to trust my feelings!! Or .. Or it just could be the Big Time For Portugal?!
Its still exciting as ever..even though my support was for Brazil (yeah yeah ..i know most of you all never wanted them to win again
)!
I have to give up for Zinadine Zidane .. Zessu .. he is surely the best. He took out Brazil.. lets see if he's going to get the Cup for France.
What do u guys think..? What are ur thoughts/predictions? ... And be quick about it.. before the whole thing ends!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Portugal should be banned from playing on a 'professional' football pitch for ever, they're absolutely appalling. They're also a bunch of cheating, dramaqueens.

I think if France are going to beat Italy, they need to play better than they did today. They should have walked over the cheating arse-bandits... sorry, I mean Portugal.

Me =

Ronaldo and that idiotic striker of theirs, who by the way is crap = :shk::shk:

:shk: :shk:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Its true sunday is going to be a very exciting game! I cant wait!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Portugal should be banned from playing on a 'professional' football pitch for ever, they're absolutely appalling. They're also a bunch of cheating, dramaqueens.

I think if France are going to beat Italy, they need to play better than they did today. They should have walked over the cheating arse-bandits... sorry, I mean Portugal.

Me =

Ronaldo and that idiotic striker of theirs, who by the way is crap = :shk::shk:

:shk: :shk:

Hmm.. why do u think portugals are cheaters?
Dont u think ..they played fine yesterday with France? More chances,possession and ..etc?! Oh ok.. maybe because they kept shouting out for penalities whenever one of their team mates fell when in the french penalty box. C'mon thats all in the game! They are not so bad also..

Oh but i noticed how C.Ronaldo was getting boo'ed badly anytime he would get the ball. Now i feel bad for him but still he tried his best. He was positive.
I guess its because of the Rooney incident that this was going on. But on news it was declared that both of them said that they hold no grudges against each other.

Your right.. France is stronger and has the greater share of fans/supporters too i guess.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Its not just Portugal, a great many teams at the world cup have IMO, behaved appallinglly. Plus, the refereeing has at times, been absolutley dire.

I was surprised at the booing too. For the fans of one of our greatest rivals to boo him over an incident that happened to rooney, must mean that what he did struck a raw nerve with a great many people. I must admit, I felt a great deal of respect for them for that
And according to the press here in England, Rooney only grudgingly made peace on the orders of his ManU bosses. Privately, hes still mad as hell it seems. Regardless, I think Ronaldo's career in the the UK is now over. Even if Rooney and the ManU fans forgive him, every away game he goes to will be worse than the drubbing he got last night.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Yeah! Like the German player Frings punching that Argentine player Cruz.. i think.
And the whole thing that happened in the match Por Vs. Ned'z. The amount of card!!!
Its sad about C.Ronaldo.. he's such a speedy lil'devil with lots of moves. I dont think he is to blame. Its the ref who over-reacted.. or maybe he thought that things would get out of control and took action! They do that you know. Like i believe it was during Ger Vs Arg ..during the beginning the players were already getting hostile and it seemed like a fight would break lose because everyone was losing cool.. the ref jus booked one of em' for a foul and then the teams kind of settled down fearing being out of the game or missing next match. I think this was one such a thing.. especially looking at Rooney.. wuw he looked like a furious dragon on the field..angry! I saw him taking out 2-3 defenders down all together. Many times it would look like a wrestling match! But the crowds been MAD ABOUT HIM.. What support!.. I guess everyone had real high expectations about him..he couldnt fulfill it.. no wonder he is furious!

Maybe once he cools down and they are okay completely with each other then this incident would be soon be forgotten! ManU seems like they do need C.Ronaldo also..so they'l be trying to get things okay to i guess. Lets see!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Mysterio
Hmm.. why do u think portugals are cheaters?
Dont u think ..they played fine yesterday with France?

Please tell me you're joking! They were PURPOSEFULLY diving anywhere and everywhere to get a freekick/penalty. They knew they couldn't beat France so they tried to cheat to win, but thankfully the Referee wasn't having any of it. Also, when somebody obviously dived, that crappy striker kept crying out for a foul. Ronaldo's dive in the area was absolutely ridiculous; the French manager made me laugh loads though. The Portugal team should either be banned or fined a lot of money for basically taking a big crap on the World Cup and everything it stands for.

I'm glad Ronaldo got booed, he deserved it. I have a lot of respect for the French fans for doing that. The only reason he (Ronaldo) was positive throughout the match and the boos is because he's a smug and cocky piece of excriment. I hope Germany beat the hell out of them on Saturday, they don't deserve 3rd place, hell, they don't even deserve to be in future World Cup tournaments.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

lol @ Ridcully.

Watch this Video.

Just watched it. Good old Eric!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully
Rooney gave Carvalho the Boot Of God, and so he should not only have got away with it, he would of gone on to score the winner, hattricked in the semi and booked Englands place in the final all on his own!
I keed I keed!

Yes, keep dreaming... it's free.

Rooney sucks! He did nothing in Germany... same as England.
You played HORRIBLE every single match! Stop blaming others for being knocked out of the cup!

Every time you are out of the cup, you call the others cheaters... what a complex you have...

Remember 1966... You cheaters!!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully

lol @ Ridcully.

Watch this Video.

Just watched it. Good old Eric!

Cantona is not a very good choice for that ad.
video.google.com...

Great player though

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Please tell me you're joking! They were PURPOSEFULLY diving anywhere and everywhere to get a freekick/penalty. They knew they couldn't beat France so they tried to cheat to win, but thankfully the Referee wasn't having any of it. Also, when somebody obviously dived, that crappy striker kept crying out for a foul. Ronaldo's dive in the area was absolutely ridiculous; the French manager made me laugh loads though. The Portugal team should either be banned or fined a lot of money for basically taking a big crap on the World Cup and everything it stands for.

I'm glad Ronaldo got booed, he deserved it. I have a lot of respect for the French fans for doing that. The only reason he (Ronaldo) was positive throughout the match and the boos is because he's a smug and cocky piece of excriment. I hope Germany beat the hell out of them on Saturday, they don't deserve 3rd place, hell, they don't even deserve to be in future World Cup tournaments.

im not joking.. but you are 100% right about the diving part. i watched some highlights closely today and saw that C.Ron was diving all over the place and yeah some suggested that they be called the diving team or something. But hmm u know i took it as an act of desperation. They needed a goal badly and they were doing all that. Plus they must have felt that the penalty given to the french wasn't fair.. and so they tried to pull the same thing. But i have to blame some of it on the refz too! U know...if they discouraged it by booking.. and setting an example then there would have been lots of improvement! But since the after quarters the refs all have been very easy on the players.
But leaving aside that fact.. many (including me)think that they have talented players and they can play well. Thats what i was suggesting. Now plz dont say anything about Figo man.. he is respected and a very good player! You saw that moment between Zidane and Figo rite?..
Anyway.. all i meant was.. however u think of C.Ron or however bad or whtever kind of person he is.. he is still talented u know.. did u see the list of best new young players put up by fifa..? In the six..... he is there.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
You played HORRIBLE every single match! Stop blaming others for being knocked out of the cup!

I'm not blaming anybody for England being knocked out and I totally agree, we played awful in Germany.

Grey_Mysterio:

I didn't say anything about Figo. Ronaldo is a good player, but he needs to grow up abit, when he stops diving, I'll respect him. I don't remember the Zidane/Figo incident, what happened?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh that moment you must have certainly seen.. zidane and figo after the match exchanging shirts, hugging and talking. It just showed the whole respect and everything. It was a nice sight.. infact here in the news they kept showing it. i felt it was a special moment. Well i was speaking from that and saying that no one possibly holds any grudges against each other on account of that match.. its all in the game you know. But yes it wanst a good or honest way to play the game. Lets hope they realise and play straight now on!

But i do blame them for taking out england and france for doing the same to brazil.. cuz i badly wanted to see brazil vs. england

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join