It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Cup 2006: who will be the Champion?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eng 2

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You can't see me but I'm doing the robot dance. WOO HOO

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Get in! Beck's delivery was absolutely spot on! We had loads of chances, we should have beaten them by about 4 or 5 goals. Trinidad & Tobago have earnt my respect though, they played damn well.

Now we have to play Germany in the next stage I think. :shk: Lord help us.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I forgot to say:

LOL! at Dwight Yorke getting hit in the gonads by Gerrard's volley! I know exactly how it feels, as I'm sure many men do. Still pretty funny though.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I forgot to say:

LOL! at Dwight Yorke getting hit in the gonads by Gerrard's volley! I know exactly how it feels, as I'm sure many men do. Still pretty funny though.

It hurts so bad, but who can stop laughing!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
lol. Indeed!

With all the excitement, I forgot to say:

THANK YOU JOHN TERRY FOR SAVING OUR ARSES! This one is for you, man. :w:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Nice game, England.

Great goal, pulling hairs like a little girls.
And you call us, argentinians, cheaters. HA!

Hope you didn't missed Argentina - Serbia, maybe you can learn how to play...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
OwwG Argentina is prouded!

6-0 over Serbia&Montenegro,with solid performance.

Leo Messi is gold wonderkid!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
England cheaters? PAH! I think not somehow.

Er... ever heard of Maradona?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
Nice game, England.

Great goal, pulling hairs like a little girls.
And you call us, argentinians, cheaters. HA!

When the Argentine jumped with Peter Shilton at 8,000 feet above sea level, in Mexico City's Azteca Stadium, to touch in the infamous Hand of God goal, Maradona was at his closest to the sun.

After a controversial Italia 90, a positive dope test in 1991 not only triggered a 15-month ban but hinted why at times during the World Cup, Maradona played not so much like a man possessed but like a man deranged.

Suspicions of flakiness were turned into confirmations of near lunacy by another positive test that saw him thrown out of the tournament, officially for use of ephedrine, probably just one ingredient in a witches' brew of drugs coursing through him.

The bloated, grotesque Maradona is a sad parody of the snake-hipped, mercury-heeled teenager who astonished the Wembley crowd when Argentina played England in a 1980 friendly.

Maradona's fall from grace

It's not over until the fat lady sings, so tell that disgraceful midget you people seem to hold in such high acclaim to keep practicing the high notes.

[edit on 16/6/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
England cheaters? PAH! I think not somehow.

Er... ever heard of Maradona?

Yes, I did... And you?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Somebody beat those referee bribing Italians!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The refereeings been pretty dire throughout the tournament so far LS. Stifling the game IMO, and far too happy to get the cards out. Didn't see the game unfortunately with it being on Saturday night here, but gotta say, McBride's one bad a$$
!!

A bloodied McBride played on after Italy midfielder Daniele De Rossi was sent off for elbowing him in the face in the 28th minute on Saturday.
U.S. goalkeeper Kasey Keller also spoke highly of the Fulham forward, who needed three stitches under his left eye. "Brian has titanium plates in his head already," said Keller. "You need somebody who's going to put their head in places where others might not want to, that's a big part of it, especially when you know you are going to be under pressure against teams like Italy."
In 1999, McBride had three titanium plates fitted when he fractured his left cheekbone playing for Columbus Crew. A year later he had another three plates inserted after he fractured his right cheekbone.
Also in 2000, McBride needed a blood clot surgically removed from his right arm after being injured while on loan with English club Preston North End.

source

Apparently he's got hardly any feeling left in his face. Respect

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yeah, some of the officials are pulling their cards out for ridiculous "fouls". I can't remember who it was, might have been Brazil, but one guy didn't even touch another guy and he got a booked for it! It's bloody stupid!

Respect to McBride for being, as we say here in Yorkshire, well 'ard!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why did the U.S. have to advance? They scored one freakin' goal and if not for that Italian Forrest Gump they wouldn't even of had that one goal. Why must we have to have another agonizing trip fest cluttering up our televisions?

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm certainly no expert on American TV doc, but you do have other channels don't you?

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Why did the U.S. have to advance? They scored one freakin' goal and if not for that Italian Forrest Gump they wouldn't even of had that one goal. Why must we have to have another agonizing trip fest cluttering up our televisions?

Peace

First of all, they didn't advance. They would have to play the third game, no matter what the result against Italy was.

But don't worry. Ghana is going to send you home easily. It will be fast and painless.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Peronemlin]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
England have problems... dunno what the problems are but they have them. I thought our defence was pretty much water tight, but I was wrong! :shk:

Owen's awkward landing looked painful and it also brought back horrible memories from November 2005, I did the almost-exact same thing and I can honestly say it was the most painful experience I have ever had!

Rooney played rubbish, and LOL at his temper tantrum when he was taken off for Gerrard! Spoilt little chav!

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Australia through to the round of 16, the party's here at the moment are unbelievable.Mind you any excuse to get on the juice brings out the best in all aussies.Bring on Italy!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Best goal of the Cup so far...

Maxi Rodriguez to Mexico

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join