It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret Bases on lost islands?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I was just pondering wether or not were all slightly off track somewhere by trying to link our research on goverment facilities where ufo's and alike may be stored or experimented on to bases on the mainlands?

With a good choice off totally deserted islands all over the place perhaps these would be better choices for covert operations?

www.factmonster.com...

check this out for an interesting little snippet

magazine.magnus.se...

Any theories anyone?

Regards.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Considering the massive land mass continental United States has, its almost deserted mid-west and north-west areas, as well as the miles and miles of space actually beneath the ground, it seems almost pointless to relocate a project to the middle of nowhere, where resupply would be difficult.
But I'll say that that Howland island, with its airstrip and all, would be a good place for advanced aircraft concept testing.

Shouldn't this thread be in A51 and other Facilities?

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sounds like the series L O S T might have inspired this thread.

Remember the remains of The Dharma Initiative Poject that the LOST survivors stumble across.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
you make a good point there optimus, there are so many islands in the pacific that havent had a soul set on them (or have they)

Quote"it seems almost pointless to relocate a project to the middle of nowhere, where resupply would be difficult."

they could resupply the islands by a helicopter from either the mainland or from a nearby navy vessel, or they could even be self efficent
korsyn

[edit on 19/2/0606 by Korsyn01]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think that that is a good idea. But the resupply bit would involve a bit of thought

[edit on 19/2/2006 by Sovtek]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Yes, and that's why I said difficult, not impossible. Helicopters, ships, self-sustaining, you name it.

But it would involve more effort than a base located in the U.S.
Not that that would be the deciding factor for the military, I would imagine.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
yeah but if its a huge research facility like a top secret nuclear/Alien research facility, like more secret and more important than area 51, the US would do anything to keep it supplied

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
They already use the South Pacific for testing in the Marshall Islands (but no mention of aircraft):

www.krsjv.com...

And the recent report on the supposed orbital Blackstar program used Okinawa for landings:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

I think the islands would be used for testing but the craft themselves would be built, stored, and repaired in the US. My other guesses are that Australia and Canada are being used for testing quite a bit, especially Australia.

Just for kicks, here's two links from 1992 describing USAF Special Forces and USAF Pacific bases:

USAF Pacific
Special Forces

new topics

top topics

join