It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info on Caribbean villas/resorts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My parents recently decided that they wanted to go to an Island. They're not to computer savy, so I figured I'd get the info for them. I've been looking through villas and resorts for the past four hours and have not found one good piece of info.

They are looking for a laid back place in the country, no big city hustle and bustle. The island doesn't really matter that much. The atmosphere is what counts the most, they want to go somewhere nice without breaking the bank.

So my question to you guys is:
Who here has been to the carbbean? If you have been there, give me a brief rundown of what resort/villa you stayed at, and what the atmosphere was like. What islands would you recomend? They are not looking for a party resort, no spring break hotspots, lol. Basically, just tell me about your experiance, name of resort, and the island.

Thanks in advance.

PS. Since I'm asking such an open ended question, feel free to ask me anything about southwest/Baveria Germany or Austria. Been there a million times, and I'm sure I can help somebody with site seeing, etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well, I went to Negril, Jamaica a couple years ago and I must say, it is a very beautiful and friendly place. I stayed at a place called Merrils 1...there are 2 merrils...merrils 1 does not have a pool, but who needs that when the ocean is like 50 yards from your doorstep! the beach is 7 miles long and gorgeous, then there is the cliffs area, which is just east of the beach. The cliffs were nice and had a lot of roadside shops/stands and full stores. One pre-warning...if you go there, be ready to be offered drugs often. NOT that it was intimidating, but the locals will try to sell you drugs often. The snorkeling was great, cliff diving from a 50 foot cliff was awesome and the food was great. I plan to go again, but there are other places I'd like to go first

join