It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fallout

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
[sarcasm] PLEASE do not ask poor St. Jude to think.[/sarcasm]

In an effort to avoid the above situation, I have u2ued him, posted and then posted a direct link to the post in this thread that contains his answer.

Hopefully that will allows his eyes to gaze upon it at some point.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You just couldn't drop down and apologize could you?...It's too hard to admit you're wrong, and you offended someone?...

Originally posted by StJude
You know, when people look back over the Red Pill Press thread in the future they will see where the seeds of doubt started.

I would hope people have more logic than you, how do we know you aren't a government agent sent to disinformation ATS?

I never set out to slander ATS but the reaction of the staff and moderators was so extreme and unjustifed that now you can't help but wonder.

'Cuse me? Then what right do you have to guard your opinion if they can't guard theirs? Do you need me to refresh your memory? How biast of you.

Skeptic Overlord, I respect that fact you run this site and I respect the fact that you have been here a lot longer than I have but everything you said in your posts on that thread was a ridiculous over reaction and by being so attacking and reactionary YOU have cast doubt on this sites integrity.

No no no, don't try and place blame upon William. You sound like a troller. Why doesn't he have the right to defend his site?...I swear you don't think about things and other people apparently.

You never read my thread and wouldn't listen to what I said, instead you threw you weight behind a cause that I never asked you to fight or justify and now the thread is locked and you look like you have something to hide.

He only had to read the subject to know what you were implying. He had every right to do what he did...are you done yet?

There was no reason for this, this wasn't my intention and If you had just been diplomatic about this instead of attacking me we wouldn't be where we are now.

Oh shut up. You know, we wouldn't be here if you just agreed to what you would have in the first place. Those are your words, and this is your punishment shut off and smell the coffee.

I await my unjustified banning with baited breath safe in the knowledge that I was and remain on the side of truth.

Twist my words all you want, reasonable people will see through it.

I'll be suprised after the crap you're posting if they don't mop the floor with you..

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
in all honesty this will be forgotton in the near future. Some new ground breaking drama will come up and that too shall soon pass.

its the internet.
some background on the net:
it's full of people with nothing better to do with their time

OF COURSE ppl going to hate.

There's been bigger drama than this in the past I mean wtf like any of us really care what red crap pill has to say?
Let me say this

I hate the matrix movies and any god damned analogy in any way that ties into NEO world. I just don't care I hope to god the machines eat my brain.

Really wtf are you trying to prove? That the april fewlz joke is teh real?

thats so n00bish.

Are you just bored? So decided to Troll and stir up some pew?

Thats how you come off anyways.

You fail to grip that almost nobody cares. And that we all be here by choice.

So who are you trying to save and why?

14:59 rolls around so quick.

I too am an attention whore to some extent

Tah rah tah rah tah rah boom dee
Tah rah tah rah tah rah boom dee a

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
so he has his answer. Mybe he will actually "shut the hell up" now?

Would be good.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Me from the last thread...

Well I have just finished reading this entire thread and in my opinion the moderators and "owners" of this website have done more to hurt ATS on this one thread than StJude could have in 100 years - even if he/she tried, which IMO he/she wasn't.

When I read the redpill information my first compulsion was to dismiss it, but after reading this thread and the irrational discourse from many of the "bosses" I am starting to re-evalutate my initial conception about the article. Safe to say that if I am doing this, many others will also... they might not be posting to this thread, but they are thinking...

Right at this moment, if I was a US citizen I would wouldn't touch this website with a 9 meter pole (let alone post to it). 99% chance there is nothing to this, and if there was, nothing would come about anyway, but nothing is certain and one should not take chances on the safety of ones self and loved ones...

This is only my opinion and it will soon be smothered in amongst 1000 more replies, but from one "cat" to another: take care...

My god you guys (ATS BOSS MEN) are still going for it, and making matters even worse
I am not sure if it is in the hope that people will just take your word for it that StJude is a trouble making miscreant and not read the Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt thread and see for themselves that StJude was just bringing something to everyones attention so that they could FORMULATE THIER OWN OPINION and maybe discuss this opinion as well...

Basically the discussion was hijacked from the start with thinly veiled nastiness and snide remarks from the very ones that are supposed to uphold some semblance of order and fairness...

Say what you like, but the true colors are now shining for all to see...

ATS Deny Ignorance - yeah right...

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

How come people hang out in places that they think are disgusting instead of leaving?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
How long do you allow someone to spit in your face before you smack them?

Or, how long do you let someone put cigarettes out on your nice couch before you show them the door?

Besides all that business, ATS has not been "hurt" or discredited or anything else you are concerned about.

Taking pixels on a screen too seriously is bad for one's health, I have a couple threads about the D-Ego, how to behave and what not in the ATS Freshman's Forum www.abovetopsecret.com...
that may be helpful in understanding all of this.

I appreciate your concern but we've been here so many times it's just plain stupid.

The whole thing is stupid, this is how it goes EVERY TIME with little variation:

Someone quotes an absolutely FALSE article, that is so false it's FUNNY how stupid it is or they just think *oh no ATS is run by the Feds*.

They start a thread asking if or proclaiming that ATS is run by the Feds, (here's a variation in the current version) this time our poor noob proclaimed ATS is Corrupt in his title.

A rambling, non sensical version of delusional thinking is presented and most write it off as bullocks, but the poor moolie who started it can't let it go...

This point in the process is when it usually becomes transparent that the person making the allegation either does or does not have an agenda or ulterior motive.

The process varies little and when the person who starts it has an ulterior motive it usually ends badly. But that's the beauty of the WWW, the attention span for B.S. is very short and these jokers who think they will hurt us with nonsense like this actually survive the process.

Relax, READ and enjoy the site. That's ONLY reason it's here.

There's NOTHING here to be or get "serious" about mate.

CERTAINLY NOT crap like this!

Springer...

[edit on 2-17-2006 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sobolwolf

My god you guys (ATS BOSS MEN) are still going for it, and making matters even worse
I am not sure if it is in the hope that people will just take your word for it that StJude is a trouble making miscreant and not read the Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt thread and see for themselves that StJude was just bringing something to everyones attention so that they could FORMULATE THIER OWN OPINION and maybe discuss this opinion as well...

Basically the discussion was hijacked from the start with thinly veiled nastiness and snide remarks from the very ones that are supposed to uphold some semblance of order and fairness...

Yeah... they all worry about troll barf...
only to avoid stepping in it...

and BTW... you are a troll... if you weren't, you would realize that not only have ATSers all looked at REDPILL, but we are all starting to be a little miffed at it, and its jokers they send over here...

April fools joke taken serously...
just who is the fool? fool...

what is there to discuss..
Ohhh
yes, I do think that redpill is ignorant and stupid for publishing april fools jokes and protesting that they are real...
anyone else want to discuss that?
intrepid?
Springer?
anyone?

If you havent' figured out... I love a good fight, especially one i can win...
and buddy... with the "evidence" you and your redpill buddies are throwing out... you are just asking for a stomping...

[edit on 17-2-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The sooner the aforementioned trolls realize that they're not just annoying the hell out of the ATS staff, but the THOUSANDS of members at large, the better.

And considering we get more readership in an hour than Trollsville gets in a month...

Good luck to ya.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The whole thing is stupid, this is how it goes EVERY TIME with little variation:

That's what's so funny to me. People think they're the first one to ever have the idea to do this!

Let me publicly challenge the board! I bet no one's ever done that before!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Actually... I have personally thought and posted that i worried about ATS being a plant by the gov... but guess what...
I learned different... and in a much better way than baiting and trolling...

I handled my questions much more carefully, and respectfully, and even a little jokingly, as to avoid the offense that St jude threw...

WE ALL HAVE QUESTIONED IT AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER...
but guess what... anyone who wants to understand ATS and its owners, can do so... they do reveal a startling amount of info about themselves...
but you have to read the posts, and participate... and soon you see the full picture developing...

there are proper ways to introduce topics or posts that question the integrity of the board...and they are almost always understanding and tolerant of these questions THE FIRST 10 TIMES THEY ARE ASKED...

but then comes the 11th, and the 12th...and by the 30th, they have dragged Thomas Crowne out of the basement, and unleashed the whirlwind that is TC... and then you have flaming trolls burning everywhere...

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Attack

Attack

Attack

That's all you've been doing throughout the two threads is attack.

Someone say's that I'm a Troll

Someone say's that I'm from the Red Pill Press

Someone say's I have a ulterior motive

Someone say's that I'm here to cause trouble

Someone say's I'm ignorant

Someone say's I'm bringing the site into disrepute

Someone say's that I'm delibrately provoking people

Someone say's I should be removed form the site

Someone say's this thread has gone on long enough

Someone say's that I have broken terms and conditions

Someone say's I should admit that I'm wrong.

The thing is none of those things people are saying have a shred of foundation, do you know why?....because none of them are true.

Unfortunately here you have picked on someone who quite innocently posted a link and you have gathered all the forces at your disposable to try and rip me to bits because you assumed I was a troll, Agitator etc and because of that I would fold like a cheap suit.

You're wrong about that and you continue to be wrong about it but no matter how many times I say that it's not registering with some of you people, you are not getting it and it doesn't look like you ever will and that shocks me more then anything because i cannot beleive or fathom how unreasonable and blind to the fact you are being.

It's weird, I see what I'm posting and at least one other person does but the majority of you are obviously reading completely different posts or not reading the entire thread all the way through.

As the man said...you're haven't denied ignorance in these two threads if anything you have embraced it.

I can say little more then I've said, you're just not listening, not reading and not getting it and it looks like you're going to continue.

So be it, it's you're life and you are entitled you're opinion.

But that doesn't mean your opinion is the right one.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by StJude]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
LTL, I also had a specific concern about something that happened regarding ATS. I think it's natural to do so. And I think it's important to get our questions answered. But you're absolutely right! There's a way to do that and there's a way NOT to (See recent threads)!

I had some specific concerns and I kind of sat on it for a few days and talked with my husband about it and decided what I would do if things didn't become clearer to me.

And lo and behold, as I kept my mouth shut and observed... things happened that made it perfectly clear to me that ATS was indeed operating under the highest standard of ethics.

p.s. Please let Thomas out! Please, please, please!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
OK fair enough.

So, seeing that the claims of "Red Pill Press" have been completely disproved, and shown to be the vindictive writings of a lunatic, what more is there?

This isn't a "my opinion vs. your opinion" situation. This was members of a community defending that community from claims that were false.

Should you have gotten as much flack as you are? Maybe not. You didn't author the GARBAGE claims of "Red Pill Press". No one says you did.

The problem is how many times do the administrators of the site have to defend themselves against people who paste that same article. At the beginning it was one thing, and was dealt with in a more patient manner.

Suddenly, a whole boatload of recently joined members come in at exactly the same time and decide to rehash the whole thing, but NOT from an investigative standpoint. Rather, from an accusatory standpoint. Again, not necessarily referring to you here.

I'd like to ask you, as a human being, if you made a joke 2 years ago saying you tripped an old lady on the bus, and years later you're up for tenure (you said you teach, right?) and someone decides to take out an ad in the paper saying "StJude trips old ladies, he's a psychotic cruel bastard". So you'd keep saying "HELLO IT WAS A JOKE", wouldn't you get frustrated after a while? Annoyed at every new person who calls and says "Dude why do you trip old ladies?" Wouldn't it get to be just too much?

I'm not interested in changing your opinion StJude, nor anyone else's for that matter. Nor am I interested in changing the views of the person who wrote the "RedPillPress" piece, or anyone who read it.

For a moment, step down from your angry position and consider it from the other perspective that I've set out above. Just for a moment.

If you were in that position, you know quite well you'd probably have cleaned house already wouldn't you.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
And you wonder why we call you a troll?...look at what you're posting very carefully and compare them to the quality posts on ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The thing is none of those things people are saying have a shred of foundation, do you know why?....because none of them are true.

It sucks to be accused of something you're not doing, doesn't it? It sucks when people insinuate, imply, suggest that you're less than honorable, doesn't it?

What do you want? ATS is not as far as any of know, a government agency or in any way associated with the government. ATS is not corrupt as far as any of us are aware.

They don't care that you (or anyone) start threads with such accusations, implications and suggestions.

The mods and owners are human and ATS is their baby. You smack the baby, papa gets mad!

What do you want?

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
so whats your point?

cuz i'm totally feelin' a "go cry about it on live journal" coming on

no infact please do go cry about it on live journal! hopefully then I wont have to see another crap post about this which all stems from fiction hahah

I BELIEVE EVERYTHING I SEE ON DA INTARNET HUR HUR!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Ummm, hello? That's what WE'VE been saying.

As for the rest...yeah, we're "blind, stupid, and ignorant" as you say with your arrogant holy attitude. Just one question...

Did Jesus point the finger or continually seek to place blame on others?

You're not as holy as you like to portray.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Dude jude...
I have tried to be nice, and understanding to your questions...
you didn't want answers, because you got them, and still you persist...

I have again tried to address your issues (that were changed) and again... you ignored them and baited further...

I remove my contention that you are a troll...
you are a silly twit... and yes, i will probably get a warning for saying so, but you are so silly, i doubt you are even offended...

and when i say silly... i really mean crazy as a loon... logic gets nowhere with you does it?

I refer you to the same place as Laura Knight J... to the local asylum...
I am amazed that you are not really from there... as you would fit right in...

I am sure that i am not the only ATSer that reads many boards... I am also sure that i am not the only one that contacted other boards contacts to make them aware of the incorrect parroting of the april fools joke...(with proof included) and guess what...
none have changed the info... or even amended it... they prefer to cast dispersions... and they prefer to spread rumor...
that is why i prefer ATS to any of the others... proof is in the posts my friend, not in the rumor... ATS has the best reputation when it comes to promoting good info, vs spreading disinfo (which the redpill is still doing with many other topics also) they are a worthless tool of those that like spreading unbelievalble storys...
so i guess they are alot more handy at being used than ATS is...

does that tell you anything my paranoid poster?
or why some would cast dispersions this way? (even readily debunked ones)

your and redpills accusations have been proven false... that is all there is to it...
like it or lump it... that is all... I shall refrain from being baited anymore from you...
Bye

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join