It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 events - people dissapearing/ things appearing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Ok, I have had a few really strange paranormal events lately that I wanted to share.

Event 1 - about 2 years ago - Woman dissapears in broad daylight.
I was driving to work on a 2 lane road coming up to a stop light. There was sidewalks on both sides, and on the other side of the sidewalk is a large grass lawn. So this is a wide open area.
As I come up to the stoplight, I see a woman walking on the left sidewalk in the same direction as I am traveling. I can still see her form, as I come to a stop at the stoplight, and turn my head to look over at her, and BAM!! she is gone!! But a dayplanner fell to the ground where she was!
There was no place for her to go, or hide! It is a wide open field with 100 yards of open space in all directions!
It was as if.... me seeing her, or identifiying her, nullified her existence!! I later thought that I should of gone and grabbed that planner, but my light changed and I drove on, like a spaced out zombie the rest of the way to work. I told no one of this, until now. They would think I'm nuts.

Event 2 - about a week ago - Suddenly appearing half-full can of soda.
I was cleaning the kitchen table while my wife did the dishes at the sink. She had her back to the table while I was cleaning it. I first cleared all the empty pop cans, and took them to the sink for her to dump. Then all the papers, and misc garbage, and the table was nearly cleaned.
Nobody in the house but us at the time.
I go to put the papers away and turn back to the table and almost knock over a half full can of "warm" soda that is on the edge of the table! It was NOT there only seconds ago! But in my mind at the time, I was thinking of all the soda that we are wasting and dumping out. This can was not there before! I almost knocked it over with my hands as I turned back. It would have been directly in my way as I cleaned the table! I know it wasn't there! I told my wife who turned from the sink and she said she didn't put it there. Just a weird event that relates to all of this.

Event 3 - 2 days ago - Disappearing paper
My sister was going to print her taxes off, and I have a simple inkjet printer Lexmark 1100/all-in-one. She put about 8 sheets of paper in the feeder, because we were out.
When she went to print... the printer stalled and said "out of paper".
So she wiggled the stack of paper, and suddenly the whole 8 sheets were jerked out of her hand and sucked into the printer!!
Nothing came out!!
I dissasembled the whole printer determined to find some paper jammed in there, or wrapped around a roller, and there was NOTHING!! The paper.... all 8 sheets, completely Vanished!! This would sound like a simple case of ignorant user, but I work in IT and take appart printers professionally!! This printer is so simple you can see the entire area the paper feeds through.
The paper was just GONE!!
I put in more paper after re-assembly and it printed as if nothing ever happened.
My sister was an eye witness to the entire event!! Finally someone who saw the whole thing as I did!!
This one finally made me decide to post these events and see if others have experienced dis-appearing/appearing events.

These events are all true experiences.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by MonoIonic_Gold]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Something about the other dimensions being mixed up here?!! Or something like that!

[edit on 17-2-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have had things that I have been looking for just appear. One time that I remember, I had the whole family looking for a remote control. The whole house was combed through. In the end I have walked back into the room that we started in and it was sitting in the middle of the floor. I had a go at my wife but she swears she didn't put it there, neither did my kids.

This kind of thing has happened a couple of times, I would be thinking of something that I hadn't seen for awhile and wondering where it was and the next thing I know it's just sitting on the table.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey MonoIonic_Gold,

I can relate 100% with all you have said, I have experienced all of them at some point,

Event 2 and 3 i would like to ask if these both happened in your home?

As it seems to me that you may have a mischievous ghost on your hands, Things appearing and disappearing are common with this, also harmless,

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
the aliens are screwing with your mind. they like to pick up the remote and move it when your not looking. while theyre cloaked ofcoarse.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You may find this thread an interesting read as the member also had some things go missing,

Dissappearing Objects & Feeling Presense Of Person Who Is Not There - My Theory

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hey Gold,

I was just thinking of something like this earlier this a.m. before I noticed your post.

When I was little about 7, I had a $10 bill that I got for my birthday. I set it on top of my bedspread, and turned my back for a minute to get something from my dresser. When I turned back again, the $10 bill was gone. There was no one else in the room to take it, I was alone. I was in a panic because that was a lot of money to me at that age. I looked everywhere for it, in my pockets, on the floor, under the bed I tore my bed apart sheets and everything, and looked in every nick and cranny in my room.

Finally, I decided to pray to St. Anthony, the patron of Missing Persons and lost things. I knelt down beside the bed and put my hands in prayer on the bedspread and closed my eyes and prayed to him to help me find it.

I felt something warm wiggle and move like it was alive beneath my praying hands. I opened my eyes and looked down and lifted my hands and Presto Chango..there was my $10 bill again!

Not sure, what was going on but I think something was playing with me, (maybe a ghost),and then because I asked St. Anthony for help the money was returned.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
-
Yes, Event 2 and 3 were in my home. It is possible a mischievious ghost is messing with us, and I have considered this because there was a strange suicide right next door, a few months before we moved in to our house. A young girl in her teens hung herself in a backyard tree. The neighbors related their tragedy to us, months after we moved in.

There are other events that have happened in the past, things being lost and re-appearing in an obvious place like 'deadpool' explained.
I don't have any details on these because they happened a while ago, and at the time blew them off, but I know these types of things have been happening.

I haven't thought much about these events until recently.
I have gotten a little more investigative when this occurs. To the point that I get mad because I can't figure it out.

(What was that scary movie with Kevin Bacon where he dug up his whole backyard?)

Event 3, when the 8 sheets of paper dissappeared into the printer. I was very mad when I took it all apart and found nothing inside.

Edit - removed additional experience that seems unrelated.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by MonoIonic_Gold]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Gold, I think the house I was in at the time was haunted too. It was a very old house, I remember seeing a little girl standing behind me when I was looking in the dark t.v. before. Also, my brother told me a little girl drowned in a fountain that was in the yard. (he was a big liar though always trying to scare me, so don't know if that's true or not). And, in the attic there was a secret crawl space and we found a doll inside of a victorian like white baby carriage.

I can't remember the name of that Kevin Bacon movie...but I really liked it! I won't look it up tho...that's cheating..lol. I always wondered why he drank so much orange juice.

Yes I would be miffed too, that is the wierdest part, the paper disappearing. Where did the ghost put it I wonder? In someone else house, or is it floating around in quantum space somewhere?

You can have a seance and ask if there is anyone living in your house, or if you want to get rid of it whether you know its there or not, just try and get the ghost to go away with sage, and holy water, or you can leave a pen and a piece of paper out and ask him/her to write down their name while you are sleeping.

Please tell us when you have further information, this is very interesting!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just wormholes... pesky things...
Get some worm killer and they will stop making holes...

sorry... didn't mean to go light, but I have been there, and thought i was just loosing my mind...(I found it)

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'd attribute it to falling through the multiverse, aka. 'Sliding', only problem is the dropped dayplanner, i would certainly have picked it up, i'm way too careless and overly curious. Not sure wether this would have been a good idea though, can you see the headlines?

top topics

join