It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleric: $1 Million to Kill Cartoonist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

ap: PESHAWAR, Pakistan - A Pakistani cleric announced Friday a $1 million bounty for killing a cartoonist who drew Prophet Muhammad, as thousands joined street protests and Denmark temporarily closed its embassy and advised its citizens to leave the country.

"This is a unanimous decision by all imams (prayer leaders) of Islam that
whoever insults the prophet deserves to be killed and whoever will take this insulting man to his end, will get this prize," Qureshi said
View Original Story

Ok this is getting out of hand now. The protests, the rioting, someone needs to put a stop to this mayhem. If the imams can't do it the government should.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A bounty like this is not new to Islam..

Salman Rushdie

The Satanic Verses controversy

On February 24 1989, Khomeini offered a U.S.$ 3 million bounty for the death of Rushdie, who was then forced to live for a time under British-financed security.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
but I thought that it was a peacefull Loving relegion ??.

maybe not .

typical .
keep the fires burning , doesnt matter , because we all know whats going to happen eventually anyways .

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So much for the compasionate nature of religion

The stupidity of these even are amazing

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
That is very odd.
Why would one need financial reward for doing what is claimed to be a duty?
If the person kills for nothing more than booty, isn't he then not doing it for Allah, but for financial gain, and that takes away its righteousness?

Seems maybe the cleric is wrong, and so would be the one who went to collect the reward.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sad thing is they would never pay the bounty

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The imams are the knuckleheads that are inciting this latest flurry of fury. The article quotes them as saying it was a "unanimous" decision. Yet, the world itself seems to condone this muslim "tradition" of violent protest by what is known as silent consent. Mohammed forbid,
someone say anything against Islam.

If these zealots aren't reigned in by SOME means, then I have a bad feeling that we will soon have to tote around a prayer mat and koran or be "punished".

Peace out never seemed so appropriate...

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The practice of putting a bounty on someone's head is hardly new.

The reason why it bothers me in these particular cases is because this is a "religious leader" doing it.

The actual devout followers of Islam should be up in arms about this, should be declaring their distaste for violence, and should be vocally distancing themselves from this person. If I was Muslim, I would be upset that someone claiming to be a religious leader was publicly making the religion look bad by not only endorsing murder but offering to pay for it.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There are lots of Muslims upset about what these radical idealogues are doing. The problem is that the media chooses not to report on this. Media outlets choose what to and what not to publish, print, or televise. You'll only see violence and drama get coverage, you want see the calls for peace.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Religeon of peace offers $1,000,000 for murder ,mmmm interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well how about taking that 1 million dollahs and helping his people... OH WAIT! That'd make too much sense.

I bite my thumb at all zealots.

mullahdullah

abduloblingattah?!~!

I mean damn must be a slow day when all you can think of is how your going to kill some cartoonist.

Excuse while I strap on my turban bomb.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Is everyone else about as fed up with things Islamic as am I? There seems to be no end to the violence they will commit, abet or encourage.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I hope someone puts a bounty on that Imam's head. What goes around comes around...

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I cant believe how long the Riots have lasted...I think they need the Active Denial System (ADS)...which is basically a pain ray.
Garanteed to stop Mohammad in his tracks!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
nothing is as it seems anymore. obviously the bunch of rioting mohummo chumps need some haircuts, just below the jawline with a sharp silver wicky knife.

i've noticed there isn't much real force being used to prevent the crazyheads from damaging everything that doesn't kneel to the east. The police just seem to let em go smash it up a knotch then wonder why the come back the next day for some more.

Maybe they need to let spray from a couple of P-90's. See if that disperses hoodlum crowds. Then maybe they'll realize we can kill 100 people for every shop they loot and burn!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don't post much, usually just lurk alot but this thing deserves some comments. First off, anyone who doubts if we should be in iraq or any other place that has radical muslims, this is why, look at how their logic works. Second anyone or any religion who things people should be killed because they say something bad or draw a bad picture about something you believe in is bad, It is a great example of how religon and beliefs have caused more death and destruction on this planet than anything else. Last the logistics of this particular situation are just insane, I mean come on, people rioting and killing over a cartoon, a cartoon, this is just so ignorant and proves that the problem is not what newpaper did but rather that we are dealing with people who are still cavemen when it comes to the evolution of their society. I feel sorry for the innocent they always are the ones to suffer.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It is sad to see what the world has come to. It seems like it is Islam vs. Everyone now.

There have been so many insulting cartoons in the past, so why take this one so far?

The cleric is obviously promoting violence.

This is what happens with religous fanaticism.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by omega1]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh, and the larger Islam grows, the bolder they will become.

I see 4 options here if Islam keeps growing:

1: They will take over.
2: They will be suppressed.
3: Everyone else will leave the planet and Islam can have it.
4: They somehow get reformed and will no longer be violent.

My personal opinion is that #2 will happen for a while, until #4 happens.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

"Whoever has done this despicable and shameful act, he has challenged the honor of Muslims. Whoever will kill this cursed man, he will get $1 million dollars from the association of the jewelers bazaar, one million rupees ($16,700) from Masjid Mohabat Khan and 500,000 rupees ($8,350) and a car from Jamia Ashrafia as a reward," Qureshi said.

"This is a unanimous decision of by all imams of Islam that whoever insults the prophets deserves to be killed and whoever will take this insulting man to his end, will get this prize," he said.

Wow.... All I have to say is wow!

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harvestfreak

ap: PESHAWAR, Pakistan - A Pakistani cleric announced Friday a $1 million bounty for killing a cartoonist who drew Prophet Muhammad, as thousands joined street protests and Denmark temporarily closed its embassy and advised its citizens to leave the country.

these pakis are getting more crazy every day. 1 million? wow for a pakistan thats like a 20 year salary. get back to your jobs you lazy pakis demonstrating on the streets.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join