It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim cleric offers bounty for the head or heads of the cartoonists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

PESHAWAR, Pakistan - A Pakistani cleric on Friday announced a $1 million bounty for killing a cartoonist who drew Prophet Muhammad, as thousands joined street rallies across the country and authorities arrested scores of protesters.

He said the mosque and his religious school would give $25,000 and a car, while a local jewelers' association would give another $1 million. No representative of the association was available to confirm it had made the offer.

"This is a unanimous decision of by all imams (prayer leaders) of Islam that whoever insults the prophet deserves to be killed and whoever will take this insulting man to his end, will get this prize," Qureshi said.

Qureshi did not name any cartoonist in his announcement. He did not appear aware that 12 different people had drawn the pictures — considered blasphemous by Muslims.

Wow they are willing to go far to do anything for Islam, even kill the person or people who drew the cartoon. It shows Muslim extremists are taking over Islam, even killing those who are drawing pictures of the Prophet. We have seen stories in Saudi Arabia for example of death threats to those who question about Islam. Even Muslims themselves.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Wow they are willing to go far to do anything for Islam, even kill the person or people who drew the cartoon. It shows Muslim extremists are taking over Islam, even killing those who are drawing pictures of the Prophet. We have seen stories in Saudi Arabia for example of death threats to those who question about Islam. Even Muslims themselves.

thats what the US has been saying for five years.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Even Muslims themselves.

Especially Muslims themselves. From what I've heard while I lived over their if you violate one of their religious laws and you're an outsider they will just expel you from the country after a brief "stay" in one of their "detention" centers. It may have changed though as that was a long time ago when we were more "friendly" with that country. I wonder how foreign workers are treated nowadays as I got along with the locals quite well. I was pretty young at the time though living with my parents over there and I think I intrigued them, a Blond Haired Blue Eyed foreigner was something alien to them and even though they treated us as outsider they were still respectfull.

We should never have invaded Iraq, we should have done something with Saudi Arabia. I dunno what we could have done, but we should have done something!

I have an idea actually, lets just build a big honking wall around the Mid-East
I know, it's very unfeasible and we still "need" their Oil. Still the amount of Extremist Garbage coming out of that country is something we should have been worried about since 9/11 yet we let ourselves get distracted. Pakistan is another country we should have been really worried about. Damn where are those Mind Control satellites when we need them

[edit on 17-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It would serve them better to hand over Osama. How many greenbacks is he worth again?

Killing a cartoonist over a joke is a little silly. This cannot possibly be the stance of MOST muslims is it? I know a couple in the States and they think the whole thing is just being twisted and distorted to pit the West vs. Islam. From what I understand, the intelligent Muslims who actually follow a less perverted form of Islam think this is just rediculous.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
It would serve them better to hand over Osama. How many greenbacks is he worth again?

Killing a cartoonist over a joke is a little silly. This cannot possibly be the stance of MOST muslims is it? I know a couple in the States and they think the whole thing is just being twisted and distorted to pit the West vs. Islam. From what I understand, the intelligent Muslims who actually follow a less perverted form of Islam think this is just rediculous.

They think the violent actions of the extremists is rediculous. They are still offended by the Cartoons though and are staging peaceful protests and boycotts which I'm fine with as it's in their right.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ditto.

They should be offended by the cartoons. I think it was a very low blow to poke fun at their prophet, just to plant seeds to illicit response. Its a very bad move. The world is already a pot close to boiling over. We dont need anybody stokin the fire, as it were.

But, protests, and asking for apology are a very long way off from MORE violence, hate, and death in the world. ESPECIALLY in that part of the world. Islam is having a difficult enough time convincing the world that the few fanatical maniacs do not speak for Islam itself. They dont need anyone adding to this.

Prison abuses, oil mongrels, puppet strings, sticks, stones, purple fingers,IEDs,...its all overwhelming.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yes it's evident from the killings over a cartoon that Islam is such a peaceful religion. Cartoons give a great excuse to beat someone to death and burn American flags. Islam, as stated by many doctorate clerics the world over, is really just misunderstood, and all in all very, very peaceful.

new topics

top topics

join