It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former MLB All-Star Darren "Dutch" Daulton speaks on his conspiracy related theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Former Major League Baseball all-star catcher Darren "Dutch" Daulton claims to astral project, have OBE's, and comments on other conspiracy related theory.

In Daulton's private cosmology, everything "just is" -- so yesterday, right now and tomorrow all happen simultaneously. "Your mind creates the reality you live in," says the former big league catcher, a three-time All-Star who spent 14 seasons with the Phillies and Marlins. And Daulton's reality can get pretty surreal.

-snip-

"When I share my thoughts and experiences with them, I tell them there's absolutely no way their minds can comprehend what I'm trying to relate," he says. "My friends are limited to the five senses."

Daulton isn't. When he says he's attuned to Higher Powers, he's not channeling Bud Selig. "There is no good or bad," he says, explicating the Dutch Theory of Being. "We're all the same, but we're all different. The higher we ascend, the more the same we are."

At 44, Daulton is not nearly the same guy he was at 24 or even 34. "I didn't have my first out-of-body experience until I was 35," he says. Curiously, the epiphany occurred at one of baseball's holiest shrines -- Wrigley Field. "I hit a line-drive just inside the third base line to help win a game," he recalls. "The strange thing was I didn't hit that ball. I never hit balls inside the third base line!"

He left the ballpark in tears. "I told my wife, 'It wasn't me who swung that bat! It wasn't me!'" he says. "She thought I was Looney Tunes." She's not alone.

-snip-

He believes the Mayan temples were built not by the Mayans, who were merely caretakers, but by a lost civilization. Possibly the Atlanteans, who allegedly disappeared beneath the waves. Possibly space aliens.

Daulton can ramble in mind-numbing detail about Dark Forces, the illusion of substance, the limitations of linear time. "The universe is made of vibrating energy," he says. "When energy vibrates fast enough on our 3-D plane, matter becomes invisible. Everything you see is vibrating at a certain level. A dirt clod, a rock..."

Sports Illustrated

Growing up, he was my favorite baseball player since I played catcher and he led my Phills to the 93 World Series.

In any case, what are your thoughts on his thinking? Could he even be a member of this site?

[edit on 16-2-2006 by American Mad Man]

[edit on 16-2-2006 by American Mad Man]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Some pics of the former all-star and NL Champion...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Very cool. I live in the Philadelphia area (South Jersey) and grew up watching Dalton and the Phillies. I never knew that he was into this stuff. I think its really cool how he mentioned the Mayan Calendar and December 21, 2012.

On a slightly related note, I've been hearing more about this Mayan calendar and the December 21, 2012 date in places that you wouldn't expect. I'm not talking about ATS and other internet conspiracy sites... rather, from people like Darren Daulton. I also heard it mentioned just last week on a New Jersey radio station, NJ 101.5 on "The Dennis and Judy Show." Judy was talking about the world ending on that date because of the Mayan Calendar.

I don't know if I should start a new thread on this, or if someone else wants to... but does anyone think that as we get closer and closer to that date that the story will become more mainstream, and that through the media and public interest it will become extremely well-known?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am a long time Philly fan from the Phila. suburbs and Daulton was one of my favorite Phillies during the "macho row" era of the early '90s. But I think his views are somewhat enhanced now due to the pickling of the brain from too much drink. He's been cited a few times for dui.

sports.espn.go.com...

Also the juice might have some lingering effects on his reality, as members of the '93 WS team were suspected of using performance enhancing drugs, although never proven. His insights are are interesting nonetheless, similar to Doc Ellis pitching games on acid.

new topics

top topics

join