It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it uncommon for thunder and lightning during a snowstorm/blizzard???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
ok... I'm in east Toronto, Ontario... and it's raining hard. It's cold. There's ice everywhere. Thunder and lightning in full effect. One flash about a minute ago lit up the entire basement and the boom shook the house.

If you people need to go out.. please drive safely.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
what's even more insane... is that it is supposed to reach 8 degrees celcius by morning... and then go back down below freezing by noon.

This weather is freakin' ridiculous.

"hey momma nature.... chill the f#*k out!"

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
your talking about thundersnow it is a rare but very realy event often seen in the mountins ex. mid to northern AZ wich sees this often. the first time i was in it it freaked me out lol

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
All I have to say isbe glad you are not directly on the shores of the Great Lakes right now. I just drove to a friends house. Off the water front it wasn't to bad. Just getting back to the boat now. Om God.... Wind is blowing at least 60 MPH... Snow blinding you... Boat is rocking like no other. I love it. This is some crazy weather.

Did I mention I'm a bit insane?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Southwestern Ontario here.

Yesterday we were hit by two seperate thunderstorms...one in mid-afternoon and the second around 10 PM. We also had sporatic power outages with one lasting 4 hours. The second storm had rain falling very hard...very hard (repeated for emphasis)

There's nothing like staying up most of the night baby-sitting the sump pump in case the power goes out

It's early mornng now *yawn*, I got about an hours sleep and outside the wind is building up while the temperature plummets and a blizzard is setting itself up.

cool

I'm glad I'm not going anywhere.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

It's early mornng now *yawn*, I got about an hours sleep and outside the wind is building up while the temperature plummets and a blizzard is setting itself up.

cool

I'm glad I'm not going anywhere.

That wind sure is blowing!!!

It's about 70 km/h here. What a chill that is....

Hope you get some rest, masqua.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

That wind sure is blowing!!!

It's about 70 km/h here. What a chill that is....

Hope you get some rest, masqua.

I'll have my first chance for a power nap soon, parr. I can't believe all the roads that are closed in SW Ontario...no-ones going anywhere today. I'm looking out of my window now, and it's a white-out.

Going by the lakeshore this morning, I saw monster waves out on Lake Huron. It must be pure Hell out there for the big ships today. I wish them a safe harbour, because this weather is only getting worse.

Now, where's my blankie...?
edit fer speeling

[edit on 17-2-2006 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well, the weather is sure acting strangely. I am about 5 miles from Canada, in Northern Montana, close to Opheim. A couple days ago we had about -5 Degrees celsius, last night it was -35 celsius and right now is about -28 Celsius. Tonight is supposed to get a lot colder than last night.

I have been monitoring the weather in Casper WY, where I live but haven't been there to for almost 2 months now and it has been just as crazy over there.

Yesterday in the morning they had 6 Degrees Farenheit, now they have
-12 Degrees Farenheit and almost 2 feet of snow.

In northern Montana we almost got no snow at all, but we are now getting the Canadian cold blast, or whatever is called. Our skies are completly clear though, except for the cold, it is a beautiful morning.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
which is not out of the ordinary, but I have to agree with lord of chaos about the 2 temperatures colliding that caused the phenomenon.

During the storm the temps were fluctuating between the low 20's to the mid 30's, then last night the temp dropped like a stone down to 3 degrees.

I still believe that the seasons are changing though.

Throughout most all of my younger years, we usually had snow on the ground by November 15th which is the opener of firearm deer season in Michigan.

The first year I noticed a difference in the weather was 1995 when on Nov 15th, I was in Menominee county deer hunting and the temperature was in the mid 50's, with no snow.

Then in 2001, and 2002, back in Alpena county, I was still roofing houses well into December because there was no snow.

Now it seems that we are considered lucky to have snow on the ground by christmas, and have frigid weather encroaching as far as the beginning of April.

Does anyone else recall anything similar in your locations??

Later,.... Bill

Edited because I forgot the inches in the subtitle.

[edit on 18-2-2006 by Ausable_Bill]

[edit on 18-2-2006 by Ausable_Bill]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join