It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coverups on priests raping nuns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
David Icke ...

... aren't the only posts I referenced. There are many.
However, his facts in this case still stand as true.

unlike the church they are punished

www.catholicleague.org...
Oh? I don't see 38-70% of protestant ministers in jail
or defrocked.

it isn't that all groups have pedophiles,

Now you are changing your bigoted story. Previously it was
just the Catholics. You were all set to become Muslim or
Jewish or whatever because you never hear of sexual
misconduct in those groups.

This is useless. You are woman demeaner and an
anti-Catholic bigot. Any more attempts to educate
you are useless. Go back to you Jack Chick tracts.
Pathetic.

[edit on 2/19/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
OMG! Does no one read? This isn't about the church raping people it is about the church covering it up!!! That is the difference between teachers and priests, teachers who are pedophiles are punished, preists who are pedophiles are protected!

How can no one get this, it isn't about the church raping people it is about the church protecting the ones who rape people! If a preist raped a nun and was punished for it then the church is ok, doing good, but when the priest rapes a nun the chrcuh protects him! Not the nun, or the alter boy, they protect the man who raped them!

Sorry you are to busy defending rapists to realize that the church should be protecting the victims and punishing the rapists, not using your money to defend/promote the rapists. This isn't Anti-Catholic or Catholic Bashing anymore then saying the KKK hate blacks and kill them or that PETA is a bunch of hypocritical bung holes(against medicine made from animal products yet the VP of PETA uses Insulin, made from animals, and admits it!) It is not a fine line between bashing and justified outrage, one is "Catholic Priests are all demons from Translvynia who eat puppies" and the other is "From 1421-2006 priests who raped nuns, little boys, and anyone else that was left alone with them, were protected by the chruch instead of punished." The first is a bunch of BS, the second one is fact! Actually it may have been before 1421, but not sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You know, I have some real issues with Catholicism. In fact, I even lived in Italy for 5 years and heard some terrible stories, like secret underground tunnels between monestaries and nunneries where the priests and nuns have sex and give birth to their babies and leave them there for dead.

And you know what? Even though I have problems with Catholicism, I'm certainly not going make up or propagate crap like this, let alone believe it. Yes, there are priests that molested children. REMEMBER THAT THIS BEHAVIOR EXISTS IN ALL RELIGIONS. It's not that religions are bad - it is the people who lose sight of what the religion is about and start doing some messed up stuff. In almost all cases, those who have been discovered doing bad things get excommunicated from their religion.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ralph, it isn't that they RAPE it is that they are protected!!!!

Ok, need I write this on a hammer and bash it into people's head?

Priest rapes boy/nun is not the problem I have, it's the fact the Vatican, the higher ups, protect them! They cover it up, hell they promoted some of them! For all we know the current Pope molested kids or raped nuns but it was covered up! We don't know because the church instead of punishing the rapists protect them! If the church punishjed the rapists then good, but no, they cover it up and protect them!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

In almost all cases, those who have been discovered doing bad things get excommunicated from their religion.

Not in the Catholic religion. They get excommunicated only if the PUBLIC finds out. When the church finds out what nasty things its priests are doing, they just move them to another parish. Cardinal Law was quite guilty of this in Massachusetts...and what did he get for his crimes? A nice cushy job in the Vatican. That is the Catholic church.

My feelings may not be as intense as the poster of this thread, but he is right on many points.

Pope JP I wanted to let priests marry...and he also had other "radical" ideas. What happened to him? He was assassinated. That's how the Catholic church works.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Oops.....sorry about the double post. My dsl went down and somehow I ended up with a double. Sorry for the inconvenience.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Flyers Fan wrote: Just more fundamentalist anti-Catholic regurgitated Jack Chick...

Yeah, i find it ironic and very hypocritical that you are all up in arms about him referencing what you claim is "anti-catholic" sites, and telling him to read more, but when you were posting all that anti-islamic crap a while back and quoting from what *I* classed as "anti-islamic websites", your excuse was that i was just following the candy coated islam and what YOU were reading from these sites was the true islam

Not nice is it, when the shoes on the other foot, when someone is saying something bad about a religion you feel strongly about? Especially when you feel they are referencing sites that are biased against said religion?

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
i find it ironic and very hypocritical

You would.

you claim is "anti-catholic" sites,

Not 'claim' ... THEY ARE - Without any facts to back up the
tired fundamentalist blanket anti-Catholic rhetoric.

THIS is what he said -

"And more things on how messed up the church is
www.biblebelievers.com... "

If this were just a thread about problems in the
higher-ups of the Catholic church .... I'd agree. But
this guy is just digging up something from the 1990's
and throwing in fundamentalist anti-Catholic theology.
These things .. along with his disgusting original thread
title and tag ... these blew ANY chance he had of making
any points. (that, and the exaggerations and lies
he does all over this site - he's a troll)

you were posting all that anti-islamic crap

I didn't post anti-Islamic 'crap'. I posted credible UP TO DATE
news links with pictures and on the spot reports of MILLIONS
of Muslims murdering, looting, and vandalizing all because a person in
Denmark made a political cartoon claiming Islam was violent.
The protesters proved the cartoonist right.

Not nice is it, when the shoes on the other foot,

ha ha ha. Try again. Not even close.

In reference to the latest news from the Islamic world -
I posted credible news links with multiple secular sources
with no agenda. This yahooooo is posting the same old
tired fundamentalist anti-Catholic rhetoric in which the
FACTS are wrong. As for the threads about nuns being
raped ... yep, that's true .. it's also OLD news from the
1990s that has been discussed on other threads at
this site.

The fact that some priests in Africa raped some nuns is
very old. It has been discussed and addressed.

You missed the wonderful opening that this person had ...
he said that the priests who raped the nuns in Africa were
'literally loving them'. And on the tag line he said that the
priests and the nuns they were raping were 'getting it on'.
SICK. Then he said that no other religion has these problems.
I then posted a WHOLE BUNCH of links showing that every
religion has people who abuse their power. He then changed
his story on that. He also said that ALL priests rape.
Then he changed his story on that as well.

So no geek. You are completely off base (again).

[edit on 2/24/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Not 'claim' ... THEY ARE - Without any facts to back up the
tired fundamentalist blanket anti-Catholic rhetoric.

lol....so you say

I didn't post anti-Islamic 'crap'. I posted credible UP TO DATE
news links with pictures and on the spot reports of MILLIONS
of Muslims murdering, looting, and vandalizing

aahhh....no....you posted links quoting the Quran that came from a site which didnt even have the right Arabic words....and when challenged by me to actually FIND the ARABIC words in that verse.....you couldnt. So yes, you DID post anti-islamic crap....actually. (and "MILLIONS" of muslims????.....really????)

In reference to the latest news from the Islamic world -
I posted credible news links with multiple secular sources
with no agenda

Again, i would have to say....ahh...no.....although you might have posted news links referring to those idiots, but the post of yours i replied to, was the one where you quoted from some (what i classed as) anti-islamic website.....and when challenged about it at first, you said, no, this was the real islam.....blah blah blah....but then, like i said, when challenged further, you had no answer.

And lets face it here, if *I* were to take these Priests as typical of Catholicism, as YOU do the idiots who were violently protesting in the name of Islam, then i would say....all Catholic men are rapists.....but i dont....see the difference. Why should i believe YOU when you say they are anti-catholic sites?....you didnt allow me the same benefit did you?
But then, like i said, i am different from you, i dont assume a whole population of people are alike because of the actions of a few

You missed the wonderful opening that this person had ...
he said that the priests who raped the nuns in Africa were
'literally loving them'.

By the time i got to the thread, he had obviously changed it, but i admit, that was out of order.

So no geek. You are completely off base (again)

Please, remind me.....when was the last time i was off base?....was it when you quoted some bigoted site that claimed to be translations of the Quran, and yet when you were asked to back up your statements with Arabic words....you couldnt?

Ooookay

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
www.killingthebuddha.com/dogma/seminarian.htm
www.limitstogrowth.org/WEB-text/archive-oct04.html
www.angelfire.com/ky/dodone/STM.html
www.authorsden.com/visit/viewarticle. asp?AuthorID=4915&id=5053
www.unknownnews.net/vaticanpedophilesclub.html
ncronline.org/NCR_Online/ archives2/2005d/111105/111105h.php
www.unmaskingcatholicism.com/Chapter-24.shtml
www.rev14.info/site/news_articles/ 666_news_-_news_of_the_hierarchy_-_2/11/2006.html
www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/ dws/news/longterm/stories/031605dnprocris.ac4ad.html
www.trinicenter.com/kwame/2002/Aug/142002.htm
www.iconbusters.com/iconbusters/ htm/false_prophets/current/sasg.htm
www.ocweekly.com/ink/05/38/ex-arellano.php
thinkprogress.org/2005/07/31/santorum-stands-firm/
www.pnionline.com/dnblog/attytood/archives/001510.html
www.jimmyakin.org/2005/11/lifeteen_founde.html
www.atheists.org/nogodblog/index.php/2005/12/23/title_8
www.paddydoyle.com/fernsreport.html
p206.ezboard.com/fsnapsurvivorsnetworkfrm7. showMessageRange?topicID=40.topic&start=1&stop=20
www.dailykos.com/story/2005/8/18/113816/027
members.cox.net/survivorconnections/flfvsporter.html
www.iconbusters.com/iconbusters/ htm/sex_crimes/lechery/current-lechery5.htm
www.clearyworks.com/Opinions/10_rapist_clergy.html
talkleft.com/new_archives/010205.html
www.popedope.com/page3.htm
www.iidb.org/vbb/archive/index.php/t-59696.html
www.msmagazine.com/news/news_ results.asp?Title=&Body=priest

Ok, 5 pages of google, links, now yes you can say some are biased, but all say the same thing, biased or not, church covers up rape. They don't punish, they protect the evil and hurt the innocent.

I'm not sure what all of those say, but tyed "Priests Rape Cover Up" and then copy/paste the links. I know, "Thay are all Anti-Catholic sites! Look at them using facts and reality, everyone knows the church is based on miracles and flat earth!"

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
And here comes another one. I did boys and nuns, but here are women who aren't nuns, and little 8 year old girls, and the priests again are protected.

Little Girls...
Sundborg said that after allegations of improper sexual activity with 10 to 12 adult women during Poole's previous assignment in Alaska came up in the early '90s,
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

Why is the Rev. Robert E. Kelley free while the Rev. Paul R. Shanley and the Rev. Ronald H. Paquin sit in jail, held on high bail? Isn't each of these Catholic priests awaiting trial on child molestation charges? Hasn't each one admitted preying on children? Isn't Kelley the one who has done time in prison for the rape of a child while Paquin and Shanley have managed to avoid criminal prosecution until now?
Why isn't the convicted rapist sharing a lockup with the two alleged first offenders, a safe remove from the Commonwealth's children?
It couldn't be because Kelley's victims -- who, by his own account, could number more than 100 -- were girls, could it?
www.boston.com...

Last night we told you about Father Bruce MacArthur and how he repeatedly raped Judy DeLonga for seven years when she was a little girl attending one of his churches in Wisconsin. As we told you, there were other victims, many right here in South Dakota where MacArthur bounced around from parish to parish.
www.keloland.com...,43680

Rest of them... boy, girl, retarded, doesn't matter...

We have seen priests rape little boys, little girls, big boys and big girls; we have seen them rape retarded men and women. There seems to be no shame even by those who teach, or supposedly teach, that there should be no morally questionable behavior practiced by them or members of their congregations.
www.gibbsmagazine.com...

Special Series: Priests, Rape, and AIDS – Part IV
Exploited Nuns Go Unheard

A young Islamic woman converts to Christianity, alienating her family and effectively banishing herself from the community she has grown up in. She approaches her parish priest, expressing her desire to become a Catholic nun and requesting the required certificates. The price for certification was incomprehensibly high: rape. When she finds herself pregnant, the young girl approaches the bishop, telling him that the priest raped her in exchange for the documents she needed to become a nun. The priest was ordered to “go on a two-week retreat.”
www.feminist.org...

[edit on 27-2-2006 by DevinS]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No one? No response? Also, why am I a "basher"? These are not a few random priests, it is Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, the Pope Himself covering stuff up. It is women and children brutally raped and sodomized being supported by the church/covered up by the church all around the world, so how is it bashing?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

These are not a few random priests, it is Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, the Pope Himself covering stuff up. It is women and children brutally raped and sodomized being supported by the church/covered up by the church all around the world, so how is it bashing?

Devins....you are right! The Catholic Church is vile and disgusting and has been since it began!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join