It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston police chief wants cameras in apartments, houses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
oooh but watching the watchers is the first sign of dangerous clinical paranoia (gag) even saying that means you should be on heavilly reallity distorting meds that coincidentally keep you stupid and happy. oh crap i can't do this anymore... even sarcasm doesn't keep the bile from rising in my throat. IF this idea is the least bit appealling to you you're a freakin MORON>>> MORON MORON MORON MORON MORON MORON.... CAN I MAKE IT MORE CLEAR? this idea is stupid beyond teen movie stupid there is no part of this that good can come of. DO YOU GET ME?

Ordinarilly I'd never register such a strong opinion but this idea is so insanelly dangerous to the freedom we pretend to espouse everyday it's sickening. the catch phrase "if you're not doing anything wrong what are you afraid of?" says it all. I'm not afraid of anything and I don't wish to be EVER in my natural life. WE let terri schiavo DIE as the natural course of things. we cite christianity every day in congress.... how bout this...... HOW BOUT WE CITE THE RIGHT (YES I SAID RIGHT NOT PRIVILEGE NOT POST PROBATIONARY ETC.) I SAID RIGHT HOW BOUT WE MAKE THAT INALIENABLE?

Ya know that little bill of oh what are they called..... RIGHTS!!!! guarantees us sanctuary in our own home... ANNE COULTIER talks of sedition and treasonable offenses. WHAT about this bloody trash we are forced to call american who was born on our soil? we have to deal with ANNE why doesn't she rise up and cry against this freedom hating fascist?

Honestly property ownership and the right the right to vote based on it is something we long ago abolished. if ANNE AND her THUG minions want to bring it back let them TRY.

[edit on 21-2-2006 by Sugarlump]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Come ON people....

I hate to get all poettic but whether you're black or white whether your skin tone is dark or light.

Puerto rican dominican cuban or chinese.

THEre is a righteous anger we should feel. this is NOT Iraq or Panama or Haiti or .... ad nauseum.

THis is freakin AMERICA. WE fought and BLED for our RIGHTS. One of those was privacy..... Do we sacrifice this in the name of expedience? What would THOMAS PAYNE say? (in caps so you don't misspell it in google)

I am NOT inciting revolution (put away your guns) except in the legal extent.... vote your conscience not your checkbook people. NONE of the ones in office care a bit about you or me. IT's inherently our fault we let it get this out of control.

Please I implore every one of you to cast a vote that counts (one that doesn't sear your soul). We have this amazing power to sell ourselves into bondage or at least try for the hope of a better future.

In the end the only question I'll ask of you is simple.... POLITRICKS which one did you fall for?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I really do. But you have to look at it this way.

I don't want this to happen at all not to my neighbor or even the guy that lives 500 miles away in America.
But the Bill of Rights is just about gone. Have you read up how our rights have changed not because our government has torn it to shreads but how alittle bill call the Patriot Act was pass and THANK GOD it wasn't made permint.
Has anyone here ever read some or most of that act? I have and its very scary stuff if you read between the lines of what our government can do IF this bill pass as a permint structure in the government laws. You think that cameras are bad and invading your privacy, I say yes it is but its nothing compared to what the government can do with this PAct in hand.

I agree; What is America coming to? Are the people(myself included) of America that blind to not see what is going on? Call your Governor and let him/her know how you feel. One voice isn't enough but a million or so is a shout. Remember we are the people that put our FREEDOM on the line when we elected this president and govenors of our states. WE THE PEOPLE, sound familiar, can do something about this. I think its time we stand up for our rights as God for saken human beings.

Its amazing what I did last night on the way home from work. I got in my truck and counted how many cameras in my 20min comute to work I would be on or could see. And everybody knows if you can see them, they can see you. You want to know how many? 25 cameras, that is just on the highway and cross roads, stop lights and the parking area, o yeah, work as well. The nice thing about coming home was that there were NO cameras driving into the neighborhood. Thinking that there might be some soon just made me think how mad I am going to be when they start "policing" the area with cameras.

Again, I think this is something that I think need some attention to.
People in America need to wake up and see what this is going to do to their privacy. I hope and pray that this will not become a norm for America to just sit there and watch as the freedoms we are FIGHTING for right now are being attacked not in Iraq but here right in our own backyards.

Wake Up America

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wow. I missed this one. Good catch.

I am stupefied. Shows ta go ya. Snooze, you lose. Freedom. Rights. Privacy. It's all on the table...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So say that the powers that be do put cameras in my house to watch me...does this mean I have to stop walking around the house naked? Or what about if I pick up a lady? Perhaps we should stop all social contact except that which happens through technological aids.

What is to stop me putting a shirt over the camera? To be honest if I knew that someone was sitting behind a screen watching what I was doing I'd probably wanna do some pretty dirty/funny things in order to mess with them, or maybe I would get some sick satsifaction out of the thought of someone watching what I was doing...whatever.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Is there any mention of extra surveillance at the local Donut shop?

I have a feeling that this would NOT go over well in the lovely gun-totin' state of Nevada. There have already been some minor incidents with pellet guns, and the
Cameras located at intersections.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
That police chief needs to be fired.

You have voted LoganCale for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Chakotay: Thank you.

In my additional research on this subject, I came across this website: www.hurttprize.org...

It is offering a prize to the first person to film the Houston police chief committing a crime. Any crime. As nutty as he can be, Alex Jones would be a good person for this. Follow the guy around for a few days with some cameras and see how he likes it. But hopefully word will get around to different people in the area and they'll all hang around with video cameras.

Normally I am opposed to unwanted surveillance in every case, but this time I think we have to use it for a short time on those who want it as an example of how invasive it is. I thought the same thing for the eminent domain attempt on Souter's house. I'm opposed to all cases of eminent domain, but in that case I supported it. The small group of people in power are so separated from reality that they often don't realize what it's actually like to be under the rules they set.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I love that idea...follow the police with camera's.

There is no better way to get our point across....

When you get asked "what the hell are you doing"? You can polietly say "I'm here for your protection....and if you arent doing anything wrong, why do you mind?".

Even 10-20 people doing this would be hilarious, and I think would stop or at least slow down the growing Big Brother.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If this police chief is so concerned about making a difference he can move to New Orleans

top topics

<< 1   >>

join