It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman takes on Al Qaeda!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
l ink

NEW YORK (AFP) - Bored with pitting his wits against the Joker and the Riddler, Batman is setting his sights on a more challenging target -- Osama bin Laden.

Holy Terror, Batman!" an upcoming graphic novel from famed Batman writer Frank Miller, sees the caped crusader facing off against Al-Qaeda operatives who attack Gotham City.

Miller, who has already inked his way through 120 pages of the 200-page opus, told a recent comic book convention that the novel was an unashamed "piece of propaganda" in which Batman "kicks Al-Qaeda's ass."

I read many of his comics, so I can't wait to see how he does this one against Al Qaeda. It makes sense, as Frank mentioned about Captain America fighting Hitler and his cronies.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
that is #ing cool!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Miller first talked about this back in March. I thought it was shelved or just a joke since I hadn't heard anything about it in such a long time

I can't believe it’s called "Holy Terror, Batman!" :shk:
Will he be doing the Batusi?

I guess anything Batman from Frank Miller will be good though.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Its just like the superman comics during WW2 where he fought the nazis at least i think it was superman

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yup.
Just as Frank Miller mentions in the article.

"Superman punched out Hitler. So did Captain America. That's one of the things they're there for,"

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
O yea and spider-man after 9/11 right?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The 9/11 event was different. Marvel did a big thing where the Marvel superheroes joined the FDNY and NYPD in rescue efforts.
They didn't punch anyone out or anything.

Here is the cover to the issue and some interior art.

While Marvel's heart was in the right place the actual stoy was kind of out of place.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Being a long-time fan of anything Frank Miller does, I'm really looking forward to this!

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Frank Miller was recently interviewed at the New York Comic-Con and had this to say about "Holy Terror, Batman!"

Comicbookresources.com

...ecently announced "Holy Terror Batman!," to capture the zeitgeist of an age so accurately in so many different time periods.

"Mostly from reading newspapers and the internet." Miller said. The tradition of having comics reflect the times they live has fallen off since the days of Frederic Wertham's near industry killing "Seduction of the Innocent," but it was commonplace in the forties when characters like Superman and Captain America routinely fought real world evils like Hitler and Mussolini. By turning away from this, by becoming apolitical, superheroes have rendered themselves irrelevant.

But according to Miller, they don't have to be. Inspired by artists like R.Crumb, Miller has aspired to have his stories reflect his viewpoint of the world, showing the audience the world as he sees it. Superheroes should interact with the real world.

"Superheroes are folk heroes," said Miller, "and how can folk heroes not interact with folk?"

Miller fans should defiantly read the whole thing

new topics

top topics

join