It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allies briefing against each other?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is just my idea and wondered what you guys thought.

Are the allies briefing against each other to divert attention from their own crimes?

First a 2 YO video of UK troops giving some kids a kicking surfaces - why it takes 2 years for the video to come to light no-one knows

While the storm over this one brews old photos of Abu Ghraib surface in Oz. These have been around for years but suddenly are published.

While the Abu Ghraib storm brews the US suddenly comes clean on an Iraqi death squad it arrested in 'late January'

news.bbc.co.uk...

Are we all playing the same game ' Ok you caught us, but look! the other guys are MUCH worse'?

As I say just my thoughts but the timing is very suspicious

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I feel that abuses have and do take place. I also have no doubt that the U.S. is not the only nation guilty of such acts.

However, I will say this: those currently in power in the U.S. and several E.U. nations are not the only ones with psy-ops and propaganda capabilities. Their opposition as well as more neutral - but very related - entities have their own as well. If you've got a method through which you can manipulate the amount of power that both or all sides have through propaganda or well times mass psy-ops, you can control far more than those individual sides could ever hope to.

This statement isn't intended to defend one nation or group of nations over another, since such forces are almost certainly at work in more than any one nation or coalition.

MEF

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I understand your distrust of US forces in Iraq, but I don't think this is a case of the MNF saying "we're not the only ones".

I've worked closely with what were called "Iraqi Special Police Commados" in Al-Anbar. Most of them were Shi'ites operating in a Sunni area. On house raids we paired up one American with one Iraqi to ensure that the Iraqis didn't steal anything. I've been on cordon- and- knocks where the "Commandos" would head straight for the home kitchen and help theselves to whatever was in the refrigerator. The Iraqi BN commander recognized that he only had raw undisciplined recruits to work with, but he had to attempt to accomplish his mission anyway.

It's probably the same with the Interior Ministry. They're desperate for recruits and can't pick and chose who they get. I'm certain that the Interior Ministry was not surprised at the existence of this death squad; background checks are negligible in a country with no computerized records. I'd venture to say that the Interior Ministry relies on the US to internally investigate and apprehend these rogue elements that the Ministry cannot; if the Ministry conducted its own house-cleaning it'd lose a substantial portion of its forces.

Most Europeans are quick to deny any evidence of humanity in the US government. If Bill Clinton bombs Serbia, its obviously an attempt to distract everyone from Monica Lewinsky (at least the movie says so). If America attacks Iraq, it's clearly for oil (so the conspiracy buffs say). Therefore if Americans apprehend Iraqis committing atrocities, obviously we're trying to hide our own crimes, right?

Not at all. We've assumed stewardship of Iraq and are trying to cultivate the institutions of law and order. Just as dirty cops in New York are rooted out, so are bad cops in Iraq.

new topics

join