It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science reveals the perfect pick-up line

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Well here it is and I gotta say it's a very good one, gotta try it out myself

"Running the marathon made me too distracted to manage my hedge fund today, but can I help you with your coat?"

It has everything, it leads your object of affection to believe that you are athletic, welloff and a gentleman.
Very eloquent.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

No wonder... I've been using the "Excuse me, I don't want you to think I'm ridiculous or anything, but you are the most beautiful person I have ever seen. I just felt like I had to tell you..."-line all these years...

(This site claims to have tried and tested pick-up lines "scientifically" as well... Beware foul language may occur...)

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

No wonder... I've been using the "Excuse me, I don't want you to think I'm ridiculous or anything, but you are the most beautiful person I have ever seen. I just felt like I had to tell you..."-line all these years...

(This site claims to have tried and tested pick-up lines "scientifically" as well... Beware foul language may occur...)

Drop the ridiculous part and just say "I just wanted to say that you are the most beautiful person on this block" Don't go too over the top and don't be self-depricating...at first that is
Oh and it works way better if there IS someone better looking close by, they will be flattered even more. Even better if they are in a group concentrate on the least good looking one and the others will be pining for your attention
Lots 'o dirty tricks that have been tried and tested heh.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Weren't you that little skinny girl with the freckles and the big glasses that used to go to ******** elementary school 20 years ago?? *wait for reply* Oh sorry wrong person.... By the way, my name is Bandit, what's yours??

Never tell them they're beautiful with the first line. In fact.. wait a loooooong while before you give any compliments...

[edit on 16-2-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I like the line from MSNBC, Sardion2K...it has great potential. Here's my contribution for all the young bulls out there.

"Excuse me... my girlfriend just broke off our engagement for another man, but now I've lost that $50,000 ring she left on my table because my eyes were full of tears... perhaps you noticed where it fell?"

*sniffle*

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, here's a line you dare not use until you've become better acquainted*.

as she bends to pick something up ...

Uhm ... not to be rude, but while you're down there ... ???

Of course, I've never, ever, said such a thing. :shk:

*improper use, under less than desirable conditions, might lead to physical or legal recourse

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I still like mine:

"If you play your cards right, you could have me.."

My wife is kind of sick of it though....

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My favourite has to be:

'Do you have a serious boy friend? Well do you want a silly one?'
You then pull faces and jump up and down on the spot.

Now I have imparted this advice I will expect an invitation to the wedding.

Dan

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I'm from a different planet. Seriously!
You want to see my spaceship?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
My favorites:

"Can I flirt with you?"

"I think I could fall madly in bed with you . . ."

"Shall I call you for breakfast, or just nudge you?"

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here is a pick-up line that works 50% of the time. Its either you get slapped, or they say ok.

"Hey is your Fridge running? (wait for answer) (If) so can I put my meat in it?"

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
"Do you want to make me a sandwich?" has worked well for me in the past.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My guy mates ALWAYS use this line and THINKS it works.

GUY: is your dad a theif?
GIRL: what...... no?
GUY: well he must be, because he stole all the stars and put them in your eyes!

OMG! lol makes laugh!

Oni x x

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hope you have room in your trunk... Cause I'm gonna put my bike in it!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
"Do you want to make me a sandwich?" has worked well for me in the past.

I really want to know about that one.

Has it gotten you something other than a sandwich?

Does it work best on waitresses???

I had no idea that was sexy to women. Could I ask for steak-or is that too far too fast??

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Good point doc... makes me wonder if "Go grab me a beer" would also work... Maybe if you throw in a wink and a pat on the butt. *shrug*

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Alot of Mothers teach their daughters that a way to a Mans heart is through his stomach.

Good point doc... makes me wonder if "Go grab me a beer" would also work... Maybe if you throw in a wink and a pat on the butt. *shrug*

Depends on the upbringing. Most Women don't like being treated like a wench from Medieval Times
With that said I have met women who for some reason don't mind that, I guess it's a self-esteem thing

[edit on 17-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Depends on the upbringing. Most Women don't like being treated like a wench from Medieval Times
With that said I have met women who for some reason don't mind that, I guess it's a self-esteem thing

[edit on 17-2-2006 by sardion2000]

I think it depends on upbringing. My wife enjoys the submissive thing, as far as bringing me items from the fridge goes.

I just had a huge shouting match at her. It was my fault. Say . . . come to think of it, I wanted to mention on another thread how far the "pat on the butt" thing can get you with some women. My wife for one; someone suggested that if I did that I might be able to win arguments and things that way. Wish I'd thought of that 20 minutes ago. . . .

Does the patt on the butt count as a pick-up? If you think about it, it is definitely portraying ownership.

I think it probably is o.k. if you keep it friendly. If you have to actually lean over and reach to accomplish the pat, you'll look like a purv who's copping a feel.

hmmm.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"Hi, my name is ______. What's yours?"

That has never failed me. It's honest, to the point and doesn't even sound like a pick-up line.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
my personal favorite. it never failed.

"If you were a booger, I'd pick you first."

IF you want to make it super cheesey, snap then point with both hand before you say the second part.

The women love it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join