It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Eyed Kids- your experiences

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I came across this thread after doing a lot of research on the BEK stories so I will just leave my 2 cents here. I do not know if I believe they are anything more than an urban legend but it is very interesting.

There are really 3 parts to the BEKs that stand out to me.

The first being the inability to enter someones home or car without permission. Some people have postulated that the BEKs are alien, however I believe this characteristic would rule out aliens. I just do not get how an advanced civilization who mastered space travel could be stopped by a threshold. To me this would suggest a more spiritual creature. I have always been fascinated by the ancient world and the associated myths and legends. (I am not saying that I believe in any of the following myths.) Vampires are the most popular result when you look into things that needs an invite to come into someones home. There are also several different myths about fairies that cannot get into a home unless invited. There are also fairy myths about changelings that are the offspring of fairies that are switched with human infants.

The second thing that really stands out to me is the black eyes. (I know, shocking right?) What I mean is that in most of the stories the people involved do not seem to notice the eyes until later in the conversation. That seems odd to me. I would think that would be the first thing you would see. Most of the encounters are at night so that may account for the delay, but a few are during the day. This would lead me to believe it would be some type of hypnosis or mind control (assuming of course that BEKs are supernatural creatures). Some people ask why they would not simply wear glasses to cover up the eyes. What if there eyes are the source of that mind control and any kind of lens would diminish that power? The only black eyed myths I could find were some elves in Germanic folklore had all black eyes. There were some examples of black eyed fairies, however nothing consistent.

The last thing is the overwhelming fear that seems to overtake people who encounters BEKs. Again this could be some power being emitted from their eyes. It could just be some ancient flight or fight response. There are several different examples of mythological creatures that can give people an overwhelming fear response. Everything from vampires, demons, and fairies to trolls can give people instant and unexplainable fear.

So hypothetically if BEKs do exist and have existed through time they could be a type of fairy. BEK reports are posted from all around the world and cultures from all around the world had fairy myths.

Or they are just bored kids who read some stories online and decided to get some contacts and freak out some adults.

No mater what they are defiantly interesting and some truly creepy stories. A little word of advice, if you are going to do a lot of reading about BEKs and you have those air whick automatic air fresheners that make a loud spray sound every 9 minutes, turn them off. Even though it happens like clockwork I still jump every time I get into reading one of the stories and I hear that spray noise behind me.

Q

I apologize for the assault on the English language. Spell check can only do so much. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

Angelic. Feet hours a day abovevtheir head, if they are rotting. And a massage. I think i know the rules they follow. I wish i could talk with them again.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

No way thats so creepy! I live in QLD too, if you dont mind me asking, where about'd did this happen?! Because something similar happened to me too, I live on the Gold Coast BTW.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
wait im confused. what does it mean if a kid has black eyes? cuz i have black eyes and nothing seems wrong with me. ha maybe i just misinterpereted ( i think i spelled that right lol) can someone explain to me plz

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
oh i must have read the wrong thread or something lol but now i understand. but im not so sure about all the mythological stories ( not saying they're not true) but i have black eyes. ha after reading what you posted kinda makes me worry about myself ha well great post i think ill look into BEKs some more

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

edit on 4-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I was skyping with someone and their eyes turned black. Our vid quality was low, could that be the cause? Nothing else blacked out like that - just their eyes. And it was when they blinked, bam, black eyes, blinked, and gone. Sometimes it just happened to one eye too.

This person wasn't a child, however.... got me a little spooked.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Uhh most likely because some of the posters did not want to start a new thread and would rather just comment.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Trinity_IX

I have seen several posts on ATS that state that just by reading/knowing/researching about them can draw them to you.
Hence the triple locked door and (unnecessary) covering of the giant mirror by my bedside.
Just reading about the topic gives me an immense sense of fear and/or dread.
But I can't seem to stop.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This guys knows all about them... there are tons of videos on youtube.

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
David Weatherly a reply to: kittinst0mper

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kittinst0mper

You shouldn't be afraid of anything like this.

Have courage and face the evils of the world head on.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join