It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to kill someone!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ok no I'm not. I am just quite pissed off at ignorant closed minded morons who in their infinite stupidity force their maggot ridden poopy eating ideals on everyone else!

Ok first I'd like to apologise for the language that will no doubt proceed, I also apologise if this is in the wrong forum in advance (if it is).

Anyway my beef! If you are an Australian you would have no doubt have heard of the OFLC (Office of Film and Litterateur Classification). Now I'm sure to any Australian gamer out there they would have no doubt been quite pissed as these folks at one time or another for threatening to or just outright banning a video game. Well, guess what they did it again!

Here is a link to where I found out this info:

www.ausgamers.com...

And this link is for some info on the Liberal polis who stuck their maggot ridden poopy covered noses where they didn't belong:

www.refused-classification.com...

(Check the comments I [Tim] left a message)

Basically the grand exalted OFLC decided to outright Ban the upcoming title from the Atari "Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure".
Now as far as I can tell from what I have seen about this game you play a street "Hood" named Trane and the OBJ is to go around tagging stuff and fighting gangs and what not. Now for any experienced gamer who has played a fair few titles in their day at first sight this might just look like another title trying to be another "GTA:SA", but apparently this game IS without a shadow of a doubt the ANTICHRIST (ok I'm paraphrasing but bear with my rant if you will).

Ok so I exaggerated a little but basically the OFLC are claiming that this game promotes "Anti-Social/Criminal" behaviour and will lead to anyone who plays this game to be miraculously transformed into a trash talking, sloppy clothed wearing, paint bucket wielding, graffiti spraying street thug (of course if you are not already).

Now this kind of blatant closed minded moronosism really angers up my blood. The OFLC only ended up banning the game Manhunt (you know what game I mean) after a huge hoohaa of old wrinkled grand mothers/mothers/dickheads/maggotriddenpoopykickers/tossfaces got up and decided to take it upon themselves to stop a game they did not, have not and will not ever play, or let their children play.
In terms of the children that is for good reason that they get up and say something, its a graphically violent game, that I as an adult can appreciate, and children SHOULDN'T play those games. I don't think it or any game/movie/book/music should be banned though.

Dont get me wrong I'm am not someone who thinks games should be played by everyone and anyone who doesn't play games should be beaten to a bloody pulp. All I am saying is that IF YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY THE GAME DO NOT BUY THE GAME AND ENFORCE ON YOUR CHILDREN RULES FOR THEM ABOUT NOT PLAYING THOSE GAMES.

Now I know what you are thinking "Tim, my good buddy, my pal, my friend, my sex mach....*cough* or sorry I went off there for a sec (back to my point) "What you say makes sense, if someone doesn't want to watch a film they do not view it, if they don't want to read a book they don't read it. And any good parent enforces rules about those things to their kids".

Now if only the people in charge would be as intellectually superior as us the world would be a better place!

ANYWAY I digress, my point in all this letter filled rubbish is that these "Right-Wing/Conservative/TightAssed" (whatever is you're word for describing them is) people are the real "Anti-Socials", they wish to rule us with their iron fists and dictate what WE have the GOD/ALAH/JEHOVA/MOTHER EARTH/SATAN/BUDDAH/MAZDA/NATURAL SELECTION given right to chose for ourselves.

Hmm, I think that is all I wanted to say...

Yup all done.

Thx for reading this.

If you didn't read it.....then...well....you will have missed out on some enlightening wisdom. So read it! (Or not, both are good).

Cheers

P.S. This is my first RANT (YAY! I actually feel a little better now
)

[edit on 16-2-2006 by DrTim]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I agree Dr. Tim

There's too much "controlling" going on these days - And it seems when "some people" get bored of all the controlling they do at home, they want to spread their reign of control into other people's homes.

It's not like there are people going around and forcing grandma and the little children to play these games at gunpoint. It would be interesting to see how that would happen though :

"Pardon me Ma'am, we're with the Video Game/Naughty TV viewing enforcement task force, We're just checking to make sure you and little Johnny are getting enough sex, violence, blood, gore, zombies, vampires, aliens, homosexuals, rape, molestation and everything else 'anti-wholesome' - - - You are watching TV and playing Video games right now, aren't you Ma'am?"

"Why, No Sir - we just finished our supper and were sitting down to crochet new bookmarks for our favorite Bible verses."

"So there is currently no TV or Computer on in this house?"

"No Sir"

- - - officer points super-cool futuristic weapon at grandma's head

" ON THE FLOOR MA'AM!!!!! NOW NOW NOW!!!! MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR ARTHRITIS AND IF YOUR WALKER IS IN THE WAY!!!! GET ON THE FLOOR AND GOD HELP YOU IF YOU DON'T HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL IN YOUR BRA!!!!!!! - - - ok guys! MOVE IN!!!!!!!"

- - - several enforcement agents rush in, find any and all electronics - turn them on, and proceed to find the most violent/sex-filled programming available - - - Grandma, little Johnny, and the rest of the family are then duct-taped to the furniture, their eyelids super-glued open and injected with a serum that keeps the eyes moisturized, yet paralyzed in a forward facing position, then they are set in front of the TV and have game consoles surgically attached to their hands. A counselor will be left at the house long enough to make sure they are getting more than their recommended daily allowance of 'evil' - and pending a follow up investigation, they may, or may not, and in-fact, will be executed to set an example for the rest of the world.

Is that how some people think it is? are some people worried about that happening?

To tell you the truth, I'm MUCH more worried about the exact opposite happening, and being forced to watch religious programming - 24 hours a day - 7 days a week (6 if they wont allow TV broadcasts on the Sabbath), and there will be morality police going around to make sure you have your Bible on you at all times and are only thinking pure thoughts.

People that are so upset about what's on TV and what kind of video games are out there DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THEM!!!!! - they DON'T HAVE TO BUY THEM!!!!! There are now parental controls on TV's and Ratings for games and movies and pretty much everything now-a-days.

So why is that still not enough? Because some people are SO worried about everyone else's business to even notice that they have become tyrants, obsessed with making sure EVERYBODY else confirms to their standards - They claim to know what's best for everyone else, and the whole time they don't realize that their kids, who probably wouldn't have even paid attention to all that 'evil' stuff to begin with, are now so obsessed with it, and 'eliminating' it, that they forgot to live their life, and instead dedicated their lives to controlling others.

If you don't want to watch it - CHANGE THE GHANNEL!

If you don't want to play it - DON'T BUY THE GAME!

If you don't want your kids exposed to it at home - USE PARENTAL LOCK OUTS!

If you don't want other 'heathen' kids 'infecting' your kids - SEND THEM TO PRIVATE SCHOOL or KEEP THEM LOCKED UP IN CHURCH!

It's that simple people - And if you set a good example for your kids, and actually spend time with them and not depend on school and TV and their peers to raise them, they will turn out what you consider to be "good" - If you don't have the time to do that, then maybe you shouldn't have had kids in the first place.

That's just my opinion, but I'm one of those crazy moderate homos

Guess all that TV violence and Video Games got to me! :shk:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Well I could give you big wet kiss on the lips I could!

There seems to be a lack of this kind of thought here on internet communities in Australia (At least at this one discussion with people on this one fourm www.ausgamers.com...)
I don't know what it is, but I really feel it is isolated in that one place as most people I know are open minded and open to new ideas.

Ah well. What can you do. I just hope good Ol aus starts making its own way after we kick out that little toss face howard on his puny little ass in 2 years time.

new topics

join