It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you liberal or conservative?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It is time for ATS ers to pick a side,

like we don't know already for the more visible amongst us our obvious political leanings.

this may help to show if there is too much weight on one side or the other at ATS,

or this could be the start of two gangs of thugs slugging it out.

enough musings about what might be and on to the identification process.

I'll start it off by declaring my right of centre bias, so tell me where do you see yourself on the political spectrum (oh love to hear from moderates too):

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
None. Im an Independent. Both parties suck in my opinion, and they are both equally bad.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
... Of my generation, "The Tweeners" we fall right Between the "Baby Boomers" and the "Generation Xers" ALL of my brothers and sisters (6 of them in total!) are Baby Boomers, damn near 100% of my friends are Gen Xers...

I am an ABSOLUTE INDEPENDENT who is CONSERVATIVE on fiscal matters and middle of the road on social issues.

I REALLY DON'T CARE what anybody does in the privacy of their own home, it's THEIR CASTLE let them live as long as I DON'T get asked to pay for it!

You ask me to pay, no problem, I am fortunate, I beleive in helping my fellow man and I can afford it, BUT when you ask for my help you ask for my GUIDENCE as well!

YOU must follow a program to get you OUT of asking for other's help! Become your OWN person so you never have to answer to anyone! If you ask me to feed you, you HAVE to do what I say in order to get off the welfare rolls, THAT SUCKS!

I would want OUT of that deal as fast as possible! That's the whole point!

If I had to ask someone for help I would feel like # and my TOP PRIORITY would be GETTING OUT of that situation! That's what makes a SUCCESSFUL society... A crew of self sustaining INDIVIDUALS who are FREE THINKERS and can ASFFORD to think their OWN THOUGHTS!!

Imagine what the world would be if EVERYBODY pulled their own load! Imagine if the freeloading grifters got out of the picture and the lazy ne'er do wells went off to CON eachother!

We could be UNBELEIVABLE!

The Liberatarian movement matches most closely to my beleifs with ONE exception, it does NOT take into account or provide for the TRULY needy. This is Man's responsibility to Man. If one of our Brothers is broken we MUST carry him on our backs.

This is what PISSES ME OFF about the current welfare system, the money being WASTED on scumbag scammers could make the lives of those who REALLY need it THAT MUCH BETTER!

To sum up... Conservative CENTRIST INDEPENDANT is who/what I am...

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 10-5-2003 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
LOL, eveyone is afraid to say!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 03:36 AM
link   
No everyone thinks it's too stupid to say. I don't label myself that easy in my life, I don't go "eerrr...I'm on the right", it's just stupid.
I don't agree with the ideals of either side and really what is the point of this thread? These things have been discussed so many times in other threads. If you even bother to look around you'll see what peoples opinions are.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Do you know how many times a poll, or a thread have appeared asking about political opinion. And the funny thing is, I have had a different answer every time.

Right now I am an Anti-Authoritarian anarchist, who wants to burn everything, but that is probly cause I am depressed and its raining. All revolutions have started cause of rain.

XAOS

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am as far right as they come.

And I regard lies and corruption with complete disdain, and the current incumbent government of the US with hellfire.

Analyze that.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't feel the need to choose a side.

i guess you could label as liberal, but screw the democrats and screw repuplican politicans they can eat the peanuts out of my feces.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The closest I have come to having a side is being a liberal libertarian. I want to maximize individual rights and minimize the role of the government (the basic libertarian goal). I'm also open to new ideas for progress and tolerant of others (basic liberal goal). Which means I do not hold the ideas of conservatisms tradition and opposition to change dear. So I suppose I am classified as an independent.

The current federal system I do not vote in as I do not see a single candidate that i want to keep in office. I have felt this way since I became of age to vote. I do vote in state elections, but that is it.

[Edited on 6-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Liberal to the bone, liberty and freedom for all.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think you all know about me. I'm liberal and I'm proud to say it---no matter how many ocnservative repugnants try to demonize the word.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Colonel

I guess we homo-huggin, jew-lovin, gun-hatin hippy liberal america haters are an endangered species now.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Colonel

I guess we homo-huggin, jew-lovin, gun-hatin hippy liberal america haters are an endangered species now.

Then I demand Federal protection!!

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, I dunno about that homo-huggin but yeah, glad to have you on the team.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You can't possibly expect people to make their choice between just Liberal and Conservative. Just like the rainbow, there are more colors in politics than Red and Blue.

I would say that Liberal values are more logical and reasonable than Republican, as conservative values will always stand for cold hearted money grabbing, and accusing individualists of being "Hippys and Communists". For that alone I could never like the republican side. But neither one is actually "good" at all, they are just different views of people who are detached from the real world. I, like most people I expect, am not left-wing or right-wing, although I would rather look at the left hand side than the right, I would say I am outside the wings, I only believe that a good government is one that doesn't lie, doesn't scheme, doesn't act tyranical, doesn't exploit, doesn't cheat, steal or abuse their power. A good party does good for the country without having to have a bigger slice of the pie, and without feeling the need to push the rest of the world around.

Ha, that would be ideal, but it doesn't exist yet, we have to put up with little groups of people who have a few good ideas but no real basis for running a country, which have no real chance, or beuracratic #wipe who'll manipulate the economy but keep "Communists at bay". What a choice, bah

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, as I believe that the principles upon which the country (U.S.A.) was built is the right path, I'm a conservative.
Constitution, Bill of Rights, K.J.V.
God, Guts and Guns.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm on whatever side THENEO isn't on.

But I think I made it pretty clear how feel at this moment in time in this thread: www.denyignorance.com...

[Edited on 10/6/2003 by Flinx]

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Well, as I believe that the principles upon which the country (U.S.A.) was built is the right path, I'm a conservative.
Constitution, Bill of Rights, K.J.V.
God, Guts and Guns.

Thsis country wasn't built on conservative values. (You cons don't appear to be that brilliant). It was built on liberal ideas Check and balances, the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, these things were radical liberal ideas at the founding of this country. Hate to bust your bubble again,

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Okay obviously this is not an easy question to answer, myself I do land on different sides of the fence depending on each issue.

The reason I asked is that I began as a liberal and as I have gotten older I have tended to be more conservative. This is becoming more and more an easy decision for me as the pace and rate of change increases in this world.

It is interesting how two people can be conservative or liberal and see an issue from opposite extremes.

That is what I expected to see in some of the responses and it did happen. Many times we cannot agree on what a conservative or a liberal is irrespective of what the issue is about.

Something for everyone to think about in the months to come and what promises to be a lot more debate about the supposedly separate viewpoints.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I can honestly say that I am neither liberal or conservative becuase I am really an ET/NWO agent... In short, I am indifferent to your petty pre A-Day squabblings. Soon they will be like hollow fossils in the sand... Meaningless markers of a distant past.

You see, soon your social values will be shown to be insignificant. Will you still be debating gay marriage when you are forced to encounter the myriad species that have more than two sexes... or which have no gender at all? Will your efforts to get the Ten Commandments taught in school bear any weight when your children hear of the thousands of creeds that exist throughout the Galaxy? Will your debates about collectivism and individuality matter when you all become members of the Galactic Continuem?

Yes, I have finally revelaed myself -- I am Z'Ithri-nor, Tertiary Adjunct for the Reticulan Star Navy, Sirius Sector. I have taken on the guise of a Terran known as Jim from Chicago for the purpose of spreading views that will better serve the Continuem and the Reticulan force that will soon occupy this world. Revealing myself now does not matter, as our World-Ships are already en route. Already our agents have seized control of your petty governments. The 'hand over' of power is complete.

Serve and be Happy

or, as it is tele-spoken in Reticulan:

'Sh-reesh- od, toreknora obdoofeqh ontalogh'

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join