It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare footage shows laser guidance system directing flight 175 into the south tower!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here is a still of the laser point........

Now watch it in the video......

laser guidance on south tower video

Read about how target designators are used in military applications here.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Looks like a sun reflection off a shiny metal plane right before impact.

It's also not very on target since it's quite a bit above the impact. You could use the plane as a scale. That would make the "laser" like a few feet in size. Must be those new giant laser designators the NWO has been making.

For you to be convinced it is a laser, certainly convinces me of your dedication to pushing an agenda.

Of course it could be a laser or even a ghost of Christmas past. I once saw a cloud that looked like a rocket once. I wonder if it was...

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't just point-blank say it's a laser target designator. There are three options that I can see, sorted from most likely to least likely, IMO.

1. It's a reflection in the WTC windows of the sun hitting the airplane.
2. It's fake.
3. It's a laser target designator.

I'm open to all three possibilities, but I see #1 as most likely.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Never in my internet history have I ever experienced moderators as rude and sarcastic as in this forum.

I guess "rising above" the other forums means making sure to have the biggest jerks possible as moderators.

Sad.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Jack Tripper: I don't mean to be rude at all with this reply, so please don't take it as such...

But people will post they disagree if they disagree and if you really believe in your opinion, you just have to get a thick skin and ignore any barbs anyone may throw at you. And I'm not saying to blindly stick to your opinions in the face of facts showing them to be false. But if you truly believe in your opinions, don't get too discouraged if someone criticizes them.

Me, my theories change daily. And I'm willing to consider nearly everything until I find some evidence that points in the direction of one thing. But personally, I think ZeddicusZulZorander makes a good point with the scale of the dot of light and the fact that it is not reflecting right at the impact point. Also, I'm not sure if laser target designators create a visible dot of light?

[edit on 15-2-2006 by LoganCale]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
I wouldn't just point-blank say it's a laser target designator. There are three options that I can see, sorted from most likely to least likely, IMO.

1. It's a reflection in the WTC windows of the sun hitting the airplane.
2. It's fake.
3. It's a laser target designator.

I'm open to all three possibilities, but I see #1 as most likely.

1 is least likely if you ask me.

The movement of the point is not uniform enough and it seems odd that one single point would be reflected so brightly.

I'd say it's either a fake or a laser.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

it looks like it suddenly appeared, wouldn't a laser guide be more prominent to the location of the target for a much longer time before impact?

my skepticism indicates it could be some sort of glare coming off the plane but i never seen a perfect circle glare before .. who knows?

also, wouldn't a gps tracking system work as good instead of laser guided system?

unless it was a black program from the govt. and use a laser guide to be safe from any paper trail

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Me, my theories change daily. And I'm willing to consider nearly everything until I find some evidence that points in the direction of one thing. But personally, I think ZeddicusZulZorander makes a good point with the scale of the dot of light and the fact that it is not reflecting right at the impact point. Also, I'm not sure if laser target designators create a visible dot of light?

I have no problem when people disagree in a respectful manner as you are.

Zed is consistently rude and sarcastic and I find that particularly outrageous and hypocritical since he is a moderator here and they are typically so concerned about "tone".

Zed has no good point whatsoever. The dot clearly DOES move to point of impact so you lost me there.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Another point that at the very least "suggests" that it isn't a laser designator.

The spot looks white to me. There aren't any white light lasers, much less white light laser designators. There are probably red or green laser designators available, but I'm guessing that most are IR, which would not be visible to a camera.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It moves to the building to the right when the plane hits how could it be a reflection. Watch the shorter building to the right like 4 seconds after the plane hit the "reflection" moves to that building

[edit on 15-2-2006 by digitalassassin]

[edit on 15-2-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Okay, a few points regarding the video. For the duration of this post I am assuming the video is unedited and the dot of light is not added.

The dot of light appears to be created by the aircraft. As it's moving while the aircraft is approaching. However, if it were just a reflection of light, it would be large and faint as it were distant and get smaller and brighter as it closed on the tower.

But why would the airplane be shining a target designator from itself? They're usually shone from the ground.

Also, the light cuts off just before the airplane hits. I can't very easily play this video in slow motion on google video, so I can't tell for sure, but it appears that the right wingtip hits exactly on the dot of light.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
It moves to the building to the right when the plane hits how could it be a reflection.

Excellent point! I hadn't noticed that before. It pans across the fireball and down onto the other building. Several of my previous points are moot. It is not coming from the aircraft itself.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The 'dot' begins to appear before it 'lands' on the tower. It then carries on over the path of the explosion cloud and onto the building in the foreground. It then begins to flicker slightly and move downwards as we lose it as the camera zooms out.

Much more likely to be a bird flying a hundred metres in front of the camera if you ask me. The fluttering and change of direction would it be its natural response to the sound of the plane hit.

The quality of this footage is extremely poor. A higher quality example would shed more light on this.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Tripper

Never in my internet history have I ever experienced moderators as rude and sarcastic as in this forum.

I guess "rising above" the other forums means making sure to have the biggest jerks possible as moderators.

Sad.

Humor Jack, humor...

You know, like when Jack Tripper would pretend to be gay around Mr. Roper?

Ok, must be all-serious Wednesday. I know it doesn't matter. Anything I would have said would have triggered the "he's picking on me" defense. And trust me...we have some pretty big jerk members too.

Now let see, is it because I didn't say I believed the laser thing? Did I use a laughing smiley inappropriately? Was it the giant laser designator comment that hurt your feelings? Maybe it was me sharing the fact that I saw a cloud rocket once?

I'm not sure why you would get so upset when I have seen you, no wait...Lyte Trizzle rather, get far more sarcastic and rude than I have in the above post when people question his logic. Maybe I should have used another name to post too. Perhaps you'd like to u2u me about the whole thing. I'd hate to think that one of those humorous statements upset you so much that you would be forced into name-calling.

Just like I used to do on the playground so many years ago, I apologize that I hurt your feelings Jack.

It IS a laser then, ok. All better? It certainly wasn't near as rude as say, sending you a u2u laughing at your post and calling it crap. I made a post that really wasn't what I wanted to say and I was certainly open about that. That didn't stop Lyte Trizzle from sending me a message or two saying:

that was one heck of a piece dude.

a piece of crap that is!

hahahahahaha!

Now THAT was rude, especially when I never even knew Mr. Trizzle. I cried for almost 3 minutes over that unsolicited rudeness, so I certainly understand how a joke about a cloud falls in that same catagory.

Carry on then. Apologies and lasers for everyone.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It seems to be a piece of the other tower, it seems to be blown around the corner and then is falling. Remember, the first tower was struck higher. You can see similar pieces after the plane hits the second tower.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phaygarth
The 'dot' begins to appear before it 'lands' on the tower. It then carries on over the path of the explosion cloud and onto the building in the foreground. It then begins to flicker slightly and move downwards as we lose it as the camera zooms out.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's hitting smoke just before it hits the building.

Much more likely to be a bird flying a hundred metres in front of the camera if you ask me. The fluttering and change of direction would it be its natural response to the sound of the plane hit.

It doesn't really change direction... it goes in a pretty straight diagonal line, only "fluttering" when it passes over structural shape changes on the buildings. Watch as it passes across the lower building after it crosses over the fireball after impact. It disappears and reappears as it goes across the grooves in the architecture of the building.

The quality of this footage is extremely poor. A higher quality example would shed more light on this.

I agree. It would be great to find a higher quality version of this tape and one in a QuickTime format, preferrably, that can be saved and stepped through frame by frame to look at it with greater detail.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It disappears and reappears as it goes across the grooves in the architecture of the building.

Again probably down to the poor quality - the dot's edges 'bleeding' with the darker patches of the building?

Also it doesn't fade in and out on all the grooves.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If that's a laser its quiet a large one!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by Jack Tripper

Sad.

Humor Jack, humor...

No.

Just you showing the hypocritical nature of this board.

For a moderator to exhibit such sarcastic rudeness PUBLICALLY in a forum is pathetic and I feel sorry for ATS since they have people like you "moderating" with that type of behavior.

I saw your holocaust denial / 911 analogy piece and I saw Lyte Trizzle's brilliant rebuttle of it.

No wonder he laughed at you on PRIVATE message because you decided to delete your post right after reading his rebuttle!

That is hardly comparable to the very public sarcastic rudeness that you display regularly in this forum as moderator.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
It seems to be a piece of the other tower, it seems to be blown around the corner and then is falling. Remember, the first tower was struck higher. You can see similar pieces after the plane hits the second tower.

It's most definitely not a piece of the tower, IMO. It's going in a near perfect line with intent. The other bits of debris are floating and falling randomly.

Originally posted by phaygarth
Again probably down to the poor quality - the dot's edges 'bleeding' with the darker patches of the building?

Also it doesn't fade in and out on all the grooves.

Don't think it's to do with the compression of the clip. I'm withholding full judgement of that until I can see a higher quality clip, but at the moment it clearly looks like light distorting on the shape of the objects it's passing across. You can only see it appear and disappear a few times because the camera operator ZOOMS OUT. Let that be a lesson to everyone with video cameras who might be at some amazing event in the future. Don't. Zoom. In. And. Out. Leave it at one particular zoom setting unless you absolutely have to change it.

Also, if we could focus on the discussion of this video as opposed to personal complaints, that would be good. The other discussion should be resolved in U2Us or with the Gripe button.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by LoganCale]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join