It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You've seen Brokeback, now get ready for "Allah"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
im may get blasted for this but......
does allah like gays? i mean is it forbidden to be gay if your a muslim.
if he does forbid it then these people are not truly muslim. it takes much more then saying you are muslim to be muslim. just like christianity and judiasm......

[edit on 15-2-2006 by plague]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
if he does forbid it then these people are not truly muslim. it takes much more then saying you are muslim to be muslim. just like christianity and judiasm......

Yes, it's already been pointed out that religions don't take sinners. They sure do seem to allow plenty of 'judges', though.

If I were a Christian or a Jew or a Muslim, I wouldn't take kindly to others judging me as not a 'real' or 'true' Christian, Jew or Muslim. I would tell the judges to mind their own business, that my transgressions are between me and my God...

But that's just me.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
In a way its a good idea becuase you never here of gay Muslims its like they never exist and it seems that reciting the Koran will help change ones genda which is not true and more likely spawn suicide bombers. But I think its an expression of oppression about taboo conflics. How many gay people are their in the middle east? None because you will never hear of a story becasue the people who are will be either well hidden from it or too scared to come out. Coming out saying you are a Christian is hard enough in Islam law that's like being Gay in their culture. What if a woman came out of her head scalf? Its the same story and people who come from strict religious societies does not mean sin does not exist too. Its just less reported and oppressed.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

does allah like gays?

I was having a chat with him the other day, I think he doesn't mind them as long as one remains subserviant to the other, and remains covered at all times. However he never said they couldn't switch it up, so they can split the oppression 50/50.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, it's already been pointed out that religions don't take sinners. They sure do seem to allow plenty of 'judges', though.

If I were a Christian or a Jew or a Muslim, I wouldn't take kindly to others judging me as not a 'real' or 'true' Christian, Jew or Muslim. I would tell the judges to mind their own business, that my transgressions are between me and my God...

But that's just me.

Not just you. Im with you 100%.

Isn't there some thing in the bible about not judging people? That that is god's job, not yours.

Some of the stuff i have been reading here about how gays aren't christians, or jews and they just dont know it is so hypocritical! And there are PLENTY of gays in the christian faith, jewish faith and even muslim faith. I think the Catholic Church's record with fathers and child sex abuse pretty much highlights that one right there. Are you saying none of them are Catholic? Or Christian if that is their denomination? If they have been leading a church for 40 years and you find out they have been touching children, do they suddenly become Not Christian?

Im just trying to get how this works.

I dont think this movie was made to stir the religious pot any more.. there were probbaly more personal motivations behind it.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ekul08

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

But that's just me.

Not just you. Im with you 100%.

Isn't there some thing in the bible about not judging people? That that is god's job, not yours.

Some of the stuff i have been reading here about how gays aren't christians, or jews and they just dont know it is so hypocritical! And there are PLENTY of gays in the christian faith, jewish faith and even muslim faith. I think the Catholic Church's record with fathers and child sex abuse pretty much highlights that one right there. Are you saying none of them are Catholic? Or Christian if that is their denomination? If they have been leading a church for 40 years and you find out they have been touching children, do they suddenly become Not Christian?

Im just trying to get how this works.

I dont think this movie was made to stir the religious pot any more.. there were probbaly more personal motivations behind it.

well actually molesting children is not very christian like. also thru out the old testament there is alot of anti gay things. noah and his youngets son.
the city of sodom. also in the old test god does put people in charge of judgement of others and it is plain to see in the old test that in order to be
excepted into the "village" and be excepted as a true jew/hebrew you must adhere to gods rules and god does have rules against homosexuality.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by plague]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
"ALLAH"

Sounds like a good slasher flick. Allah is Jason's little bro and attacks an innocent KFC in a night of carnage and violence.....

Hey- Muslims claim burning KFC is punishment from Allah. All we need is the "based on a true story" addendum and wallah!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

well actually molesting children is not very christian like.

Not very Christian-like, but not as bad as being gay, apparently...

also in the old test god does put people in charge of judgement of others

That must be a relief for you, then, huh?

and it is plain to see in the old test that in order to be
excepted into the "village" and be excepted as a true jew/hebrew you must adhere to gods rules and god does have rules against homosexuality.

In the Old Testament, right alongside that one mention of man lying with man, God also has rules against:
1. Touching a woman on her period, or sitting where she has sat. (Leviticus 15:19)
2. Working on Sunday. The punishment is death. (Exodus 35:2)
3. Eating shellfish. It's an abomination, just like being gay. (Leviticus 11:10)
4. Trimming your sideburns or beard. How long is yours? (Leviticus 19:27)
5. Have tattoos (Leviticus 19:28)

So I'm sure you are just as strict about keeping people who do these things out of the pure Christian religion, hmm?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join