It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knee Pains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have in the last 2 weeks had awful pain in my left knee when i bend it for to long it starts to hurt and when i try to straighten it out it hurts even more
it hurts when i put pressure on it, ive checked loads for lumps or dents but there is nothing wrong that i can feel ,it also hurts all the time its like a sharp pain in the right side and i cant tense the muslules (sp) in my knee up without it hurting

Whats wrong with my knee? it hurts so bad all the time

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Have no idea how to make you feel better - sorry. Have you been to the doctors?

Just wanted to say hope your knee feels better soon!xxx

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
No, frankly i want to bypass the whole "doctor" thing i hate doctors alot :bash:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Any injury to the leg? Play sports? Labor work? Age? Over weight?
Any of these things may be contributing to your knee pain.
Most likely you really need to rest it and keep it elevated.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yeah know what you mean about doctors!.

Only other thing i can think of is painkillers or something like heat spray?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If it keeps up, you really need to see a Doctor.
I had similar symptoms when I was a kid..Turned out to be a chip from the backside of the patella (kneecap).. It was slowly, very slowly tearing the soft tissue behind it.
I ended up wearing a walking cast for 6 weeks.
It was ok too, I got sympathy from the girls..and my knee has not bothered me since..

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
No one likes going to the doctors. Perhaps that's why people insist on trying to do without them. But, to be honest, without doctors we would be in a pretty bad situation. Oh sure, there are home remedies but let's be honest. I just don't see an herbal poultice or a pile of vitamins being any help for a lot of things.

A severe pain in the knee can mean a lot of different things. You may have pulled or sprained your knee or the muscles and ligaments around it. You may have some dislocated cartilage or bone chips. Or it could be an early manifestation of osteoporosis or even arthritis. Hell, it could even be a form of cancer!

Don't tarry when you are confronted with pain. Pain is the body's way of letting you know that something is wrong. Use your homeopathic remedies or take a bunch of vitamin C if you think that this will help but if the pain persists.....SEE A DOCTOR.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There is a common thing amongst teens, which affects my brother. What it i, during growth spurts, your leg bones grow quicker then the surrounding tendons and ligaments. Which result in allot of pain, most commonly in the knees. My brother used to fall allot, his legs would give for no reason, and we took him to the doc. The doctor said it was a common condition, that most people grow out of after a while.

There is also a similar thing in which one part of the joint grows faster then the other, which results in the same problems. which you also grow out of, when you body catches up.

But i used to have a problem with cartilage, i hurt my knee playing football. A piece of bone splintered off and caused the cartilage to leek, making my knees swell and hurt real bad. It fixed itself after a long period of time, after getting the splinter of bone removed.

I would really suggest going to the doctors though, just in-case it needs treatment.

new topics

top topics

join