It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Report: US Is Abusing Captives

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
One question I have to ask is this:

"Guilty until proven inocent" or "Inocent until proven guilty"?
Generalise or specify?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Moreover the Vaticans views are still uncoroborated as this Islamist media outlet cannot in all seriousness be considered as credible.

Well, maybe this news source is more to your likeing?

Catholic News Agency

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Good Morning Everybody.

This are todays Gitmo Headlines:

Archbishop of Canterbury: Gitmo Sets Dangerous Precedent

THE Archbishop of Canterbury, spiritual leader of the world's 77 million Anglicans, has called the US detention camp at Guantanamo Bay an "extraordinary legal anomaly" that sets a dangerous precedent.

"I think what we've got in Guantanamo is an extraordinary legal anomaly (...) creating a new category of custody imprisonment," Archbishop Rowan Williams said today in an interview with BBC television.

"These are not people who've been found guilty," Archbishop Williams said during a tour of Sudan.

"Any message given, that any state can just override some of the basic habeas corpus-type provisions, is going to be very welcome to tyrants elsewhere in the world, now and in the future."

And Right you are Archbishop.

Details of Camp Delta inmates released to public

The US government has been forced to release documents giving details of those being held at Guantanamo Bay after years of refusing to do so.

The 5,000 pages of transcript were handed over by the Pentagon on the order of a judge in response to legal action brought under the Freedom of Information Act by the news agency Associated Press. Much of the Bush administration's "war on terror" remains shrouded in overwhelming secrecy. The US government has kept almost all information about the detainees secret since opening the prison in January 2002.

The Bush administration dismisses the detainees' claims of innocence without trying them. "They're bomb-makers,'' Vice-President Dick Cheney said recently. "They're facilitators of terror. They're members of al-Qaida and the Taliban. If you let them out, they'll go back to trying to kill Americans."

Yes ofcourse mister Vice-President.

Let's check out this Bomb-Makers - which only have one desire: to kill Americans!

Guantanamo: Inmates' testimonies

• Hafizullah Shah, farmer from Afghanistan
    'I was just walking in the street and I was captured. The next thing I found out is that I am sitting here. The only thing I did in Afghanistan was farming ... we grew wheat, corn, vegetables and watermelons'

• Mesh Arsad al Rashid, farmer from Afghanistan
    'I don't want to spend any more time here, not one more minute. I did not know my training would be considered al-Qa'ida training. I was trying to help Muslims. I am not from the Taliban, I'm just a person, a helper'

• Unnamed apple seller from Khazakhstan
    'I never had a weapon. I never carried a weapon with me and I've never been in any kind of armed fight ... I always knew America as a democratic country and always heard positive things about America. I believe that after 9/11 America became very aggressive and that's probably the only reason I'm here'

• Arkin Mahmud, prisoner from China
    'If I am guilty then they should come up with my punishment. Otherwise, they should do something faster to finish my case'

• Zahir Shah, prisoner from Afghanistan
    'What are we going to do with the RPGs? The only thing I did in Afghanistan was farming'

Yep - mister Cheney sure does not want to release all these FARMERS!

They just can not wait to Kill Americans with their Farming tools!

OR maybe they will throw APPLES at the American Soldiers.

And there are PLENTY more of these Terrible Terrorists:

Associated Press

• Abdulaziz Sayer, a Kuwaiti who studied at the Imam Mohamed Bin Saud Islamic University, has a degree in Islamic law. He met a man while worshipping in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, who said Sayer should go to Afghanistan to teach the Quran. He entered Afghanistan through Iran in October 2001 and did charity work. His name was found on a computer after coalition forces raided a house, but he denied belonging to al-Qaida or the Taliban.

• Mohammed Fenaitel told the tribunal he traveled from his native Kuwait to Afghanistan two days before the Sept. 11 attacks to see how his charitable donations were being spent. He lost his passport in Afghanistan and was smuggled into Pakistan, where he hoped to reach the Kuwaiti Embassy. He said smugglers sold him to Pakistani authorities. "Of course they pictured us as terrorists and turned us over to the United States," he said.

• Boudella al Hajj, an Algerian clergyman, worked with orphans in Bosnia for a humanitarian organization and the Bosnian army. He is accused of being in contact with known al-Qaida member Abu Zubaydah and belonging to an Algerian militant group - all of which he denied. He also was accused of planning to attack the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, but was acquitted before being handed over to the United States.

What a DANGEROUS bunch of Terrorists!

Bomb-Makers all of them!

More News:
Documents Reveal the Stories of Prisoners at Guantanamo Bay
Canada almost alone in supporting Guantanamo

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
...Pot calling kettle....pot calling kettle....this is pot...you are black kettle....repeat you are black kettle.....

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Double Post.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Archbishop of Canterbury: Gitmo Sets Dangerous Precedent

Arch Bishop of Cantenbury ??? Says what?
But WHO CARES ?? His "opinion" is as good as the next man.

Maybe the Slovenians think that America is some Church State but sadly, that is not the case. America is a democracy where people hold mandate not the church.

As for the detainees of Guantanamo, the attempts to absolve them of any wrong doing are clever propaganda utilized by the pro-terrorist lobby.
It is the inherent nature of Al-Qaeda to lie and deceive in order to secure their release. Al-Qaeda training manual clearly shows this :

Al-Qaeda Training Manualwww.usdoj.gov...
UK/BM-176 TO UK/BM-180 TRANSLATION Lesson Eighteen
PRISONS AND DETENTION CENTERS
IF AN INDICTMENT IS ISSUED AND THE TRIAL, BEGINS, THE BROTHER HAS TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. At the beginning of the trial, once more the brothers must insist on proving that torture was inflicted on them by State Security [investigators] before the judge.
2. Complain [to the court] of mistreatment while in prison.
3. Make arrangements for the brother’s defense with the attorney, whether he was retained by the brother’s family or court-appointed.
4. The brother has to do his best to know the names of the state security officers, who participated in his torture and mention their names to the judge. [These names may be obtained from brothers who had to deal with those officers in previous cases.]
5. Some brothers may tell and may be lured by the state security investigators to testify against the brothers [i.e. affirmation witness], either by not keeping them together in the same prison during the trials, or by letting them talk to the media. In this case,they have to be treated gently, and should be offered good advice, good treatment, and pray that God may guide them.
6. During the trial, the court has to be notified of any mistreatment of the brothers inside the prison.
7. It is possible to resort to a hunger strike, but it is a tactic that caneither succeed or fail.

So if a suspected terrorist says: " I have only done farming, we grow wheat ..." we simply believe him ?? Is this simply naiveity or is there a more nefarious agenda behind this ?
Can you expect the people of the world to believe a known terrorist that they aere farmers and nothing more ??
Does the suspected terrorist in question think so little of our intellect that he comes out with such a whopping tale ? The pro-terrorist machine seems to think so !
Probably the best one was:

Mesh Arsad al Rashid, farmer from Afghanistan
'I don't want to spend any more time here, not one more minute. I did not know my training would be considered al-Qa'ida training. I was trying to help Muslims. I am not from the Taliban, I'm just a person, a helper'

Yeah sure, we believe him completely, he was just helping people by flying planes into buildings, settting up car bombs, killing women and children etc. I bet that all of this is service isnt it ??
Some FARMERS, the only thing these people farm is death !!
Also another whopper that was presented by from the pro-terrorist lobby is:

Hafizullah Shah, farmer from Afghanistan
'I was just walking in the street and I was captured. The next thing I found out is that I am sitting here. The only thing I did in Afghanistan was farming ... we grew wheat, corn, vegetables and watermelons'

Wheat, Corn, vegetables and watermelons ?? How did they grow watermelons when Afganistan has been under drought for so many years ??
Is wheat being grown apart from the Poppy which earns twice as much ??

I doubt it. Afganistan has been under severe drough for nearly 7 straight years before the American War on the Taliban, crippling the entire regions food supply. That is why the World Food Program started to supply food grains to Afganistan. Heck even the UN says this. And we have this dubious charecter who is trying to say that he grew watermelons during a drough and also wheat, corn etc when he could have grown opium that makes twice as much as any other commodity and grows wild. Either this is an extreemly stupid farmer are his "sypathisers" are extreemly naive to the point of propagating his nefarious agenda.

Afghan Drought

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Good Evening.

These are the Latest Gitmo Headlines of Today:

Good health care, good food and "unprecedented legal protection"

THE United States Government's leading lawyer has defended the Guantanamo Bay prison camp, saying detainees had state of the art health care, good food and "unprecedented legal protection".

Responding to complaints by the United Nations, human rights groups, religious leaders and some national governments, Attorney-General Alberto Gonzales said the camp was entirely lawful and essential to the protection of the United States.

"We operate Guantanamo because there's a necessity, a need, for the United States to detain enemy combatants somewhere," he said in a speech in London.

"That was the genesis of Guantanamo. This need continues today."

It looks like Guantanamo Torture/Detention Fascility is actually providing state of the art health care, good food and "unprecedented legal protection".

Sure.

Ofcourse we Belive them.

Minister says Guantanamo must close to save democracy

The US camp at Guantanamo Bay should be closed before it undermines the cause of democracy worldwide, a Foreign Office minister has warned.

The remarks by Kim Howells yesterday coincided with one of the most direct appeals yet by a high-ranking American figure for British support over Guantanamo Bay's continued existence. The Attorney General, Alberto Gonzales, on a visit to London, said the that camp was lawful and necessary.

Mr Howells, the minister in charge of British policy in the Middle East, warned: "Our alliance with America is based on shared values. If those shared values are seen by the rest of the world to be terribly flawed that actually undermines the cause of democracy. If Guantanamo is undermining those shared values then it should go, it should close."

Agreed.

Democracy at its BEST.

In the Meantime,

US Army chief prosecutor admits to SOME torture tactics

The chief prosecutor of a U.S. military commission responsible for making cases against prisoners at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba acknowledged Tuesday some investigative techniques used at the base could be viewed as torture.

But Col. Morris Davis, chief prosecutor for the Office of Military Commissions in the U.S. Department of Defence, said the military considers the tactics acceptable. He also said he does not believe the U.S. government used torture to gather evidence he's preparing to present at upcoming trials.

COULD be views as Torture?

But then again - it Could be Not.

Well, which is it then?

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Sure.
Ofcourse we Belive them.

Agreed.
Democracy at its BEST.

So 'The Australian' cant be believed while 'The Independent' can be trusted without question ?? hey, atleast we've moved past common dreams dot com

Selective acceptance is a good thing when you have propaganda to promote isnt it ?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Souljah -

as ever, you're fighting the good fight, I see: I gave up trying to argue with people so deeply in denial, but I admire the way you're constantly coming up with new sources and links.

The sad truth is that many of these people are so deeply mired in thought control that they can't see it: every day of their schooling they are required to pledge allegiance to a piece of cloth and only the few who have the independence of mind required to question this absurd practice escape becoming part of the thought police.

Einstein said (I'm paraphrasing here, but I don't think he'd mind) that the use of flags is a sad reminder that man is still a herd animal.

The residue of this programming is that not only do these people have a tendency to follow blindly anyone who waves the flag in front of them, and have emotional needs projected onto that piece of cloth, they have a desperate, desperate need to believe that their country is the best in the world and stands up for peace and democracy everywhere. That they are able to maintain this belief in the teeth of mountains of evidence to the contrary is a tribute to the efficiency of the thought control process.

Those citizens in whom the process doesn't quite take so firm a hold are denounced as 'unpatriotic'. Some few of them come to argue in these forums, and are the cooler heads who are prepared to actually look at evidence that contradicts the official story fed them by complicit media.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow, I'm late, but then again, this never ends.

Hello there Mr. WHOFLUNGGUM, you seem to think that you're pretty good in intimidation and mudslinging, care to tango?

Some of the ATS member already know better then to attempt and insult other ATS members thinking they are slicker then snot.

Up to you, I don't bluff, ain't got time for it.

I'll get on this one too.

And if you don't think Slovenian women are being kidnapped and sold into slavery then I suggest you google search for a Slovenian bride and see what comes up.

Mr. WHOFLUNGGUM, do I dare to assume that your interest in Slovenian slave trafficking lies from a consumer point of view? I'm sure you are aware that in fact it is the US that forms the biggest market of sex slave AND industrial slave abuse.

You know, sweaty fingers, drooling mouth, tiny manhood, can't wait to get those slimy hands on a "slave bride" sold "for his pleasure" cause he can't get any even if he pays for it, that type.

Mr. WHOFLUNGGUM, trying to shame a whole list of nations which fall victim to American hunger for slavery, only states that it is the demand that drives a market economy, and in this case, the demand is for abuse of the most horrible kind, all of which is not only illegal, but is simply ignored by US law.

Please clarify your position on your statements, because only a creep would attempt to make a point by such disgusting rhetoric, so please enlighten us, how do you know so much abut such lucrative "bride/slave to order" cervices?

Personal interest, or "humanitarian" concern just to be used as a feeble attempt in shaming the victims of such crimes, you know, the physiology of a guilty mind?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Associated Press from Washington Post

A U.N. anti-torture panel issued a rebuke of Bush administration counter-terrorism policies today, calling for the closing of Guantanamo detention facility in Cuba and a halt to the transfer of suspected terrorists to countries where they may face torture.

The committee, charged with monitoring the 1984 Convention Against Torture which the U.S. has ratified, also charged that the imprisonment of suspects in secret detention facilities constitutes a clear violation of the 1984 treaty.

The U.N. panel, made up of nine experts, urged the Bush administration to establish a federal law criminalizing torture and to eliminate some of its most controversial interrogation techniques, including sexual humiliation, the use of dogs to induce fear and "water boarding," a practice that involves simulating the sensation of near-drowning.

And it urged the Bush administration to support the International Criminal Court, which the U.S. has refused to join.

So, when UN uses pressure on Iran, everything is OKEY - but when US starts to speak against the mighty US of A, then Laws and Conventions suddenly cease to Exsist.

Ups - I forgot; that is Democratic!

So, why do Bush&Co then refuse to support the International Criminal Court?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So, when UN uses pressure on Iran, everything is OKEY - but when US starts to speak against the mighty US of A, then Laws and Conventions suddenly cease to Exsist.

Is there a diffrence between nuclear weapons and torture? Please I'd like to hear your comment on this...
I mean is it ok for a country who preaches anihaltion of a country (you may not agree that they should have it but I'm afraid people do live there) to have nuclear weapons?
The United states , russia, china, france, india , and britain all have

Says the man who comes from a country which has made it a legal duty of itself to expunge Marxist-Leninist legal theory....is that democratic?

Because they dont want american citizens tried by foriegn courts, unless your willing to have your country men tried by a chinese judge or even one from Somalia and we all know what happened to the americans when US marines left the area, funny why is it that america went in and your country didnt....?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Is there a diffrence between nuclear weapons and torture? Please I'd like to hear your comment on this...

Excuse me, but how many Nuclear Bombs does USA have?
How many does UK have?
How many does Russia have?
How many does China have?
How many does Isreal have?
How many does France have?
How many does India have?
How many does Pakistan have?
How many does North Korea have?

Iran is not Even among those "Elite few" idiots, that change their Security for Nuclear holocaust "Get out of Jail" card - yet they are treated like they arealdy dropped the bomb.

I mean is it ok for a country who preaches anihaltion of a country (you may not agree that they should have it but I'm afraid people do live there) to have nuclear weapons?

Do you honstely think that the minute Iran gets Nuclear weapons they will drop them on Isreal and/or Europe? What Greater Good for will of Allah would that do? They just wanna "play with the big boys" - and sadly, they did not Invent this Game, and as I said many, many times before:

HATE THE GAME - NOT THE PLAYA!.

But you do not speak against the Game - the Game is a-OKEY for you.

It is Iran in the crosshairs this time - and the media bombardment with news from Iran is increasing on daily basis. 3 years ago NOBODY even knew where Iran was, what more that they would share the "Concern" for their Nuclear Program. Where is the Logic in this?

Says the man who comes from a country which has made it a legal duty of itself to expunge Marxist-Leninist legal theory....is that democratic?

Yes, please TEACH me something about MY Former Country, will you?
Have you Lived here?
Have you Learned about it in School?
Have you done your college degree in this topic?
I think NOT - so please spare me your extremly "Smart" answers, mmmkey?

Because they dont want american citizens tried by foriegn courts, unless your willing to have your country men tried by a chinese judge or even one from Somalia and we all know what happened to the americans when US marines left the area, funny why is it that america went in and your country didnt....?

Your blind defending of US and UK foreign politics regarding the War on Terrorism will sooner or later (I think sooner) bring you to face the World of Reality.

So, why do INTERNATIONAL LAWS apply to Selective countries only?

And, while we are talkinga bout SOMALIA, here is the latest Newsflash:

Africa - the Prison Continent

U.S. Secretly Backing Warlords in Somalia

More than a decade after U.S. troops withdrew from Somalia following a disastrous military intervention, officials of Somalia's interim government and some U.S. analysts of Africa policy say the United States has returned to the African country, secretly supporting secular warlords who have been waging fierce battles against Islamic groups for control of the capital, Mogadishu.

"The U.S. government funded the warlords in the recent battle in Mogadishu, there is no doubt about that," government spokesman Abdirahman Dinari told journalists by telephone from Baidoa. "This cooperation . . . only fuels further civil war."

Tricky ey?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

How many does UK have?

271 nuclean warheads ready to fire, because we only have 4 ships capable to firing them.

Iran is not Even among those "Elite few" idiots, that change their Security for Nuclear holocaust "Get out of Jail" card

Could you explain what you mean by this a little bit more clearly....

- yet they are treated like they arealdy dropped the bomb.

What bomb?

Do you honstely think that the minute Iran gets Nuclear weapons they will drop them on Isreal and/or Europe?

What I think is not being discussed here, I asked the question..

What Greater Good for will of Allah would that do?

I dont know , why dont you ask them why they should destroy isreal or europe?

They just wanna "play with the big boys"

Are you sure they just want to "play with the big boys" what about all those little boys and girls all around it?

But you do not speak against the Game - the Game is a-OKEY for you.

What game is this?

It is Iran in the crosshairs this time - and the media bombardment with news from Iran is increasing on daily basis. 3 years ago NOBODY even knew where Iran was, what more that they would share the "Concern" for their Nuclear Program. Where is the Logic in this?

Where is the logic in not dealing with every threat instantly?
Another question: Are you not concerned about irans nuclear capability?

Yes, please TEACH me something about MY Former Country, will you?

Your former country? How about the country you live in now...

Have you Lived here?

No but neither have you lived in britain , america or iran...so why are you willing to critisise them....bit hypocritical isnt it?

Have you Learned about it in School?

No we learned about france actually and scotlands history oh and how to make leak soup, dont mess with me in the kitchen boy! I make a mean one!

Have you done your college degree in this topic?

No actually no, but I am doing a HND course in engneering? That ok?

I think NOT - so please spare me your extremly "Smart" answers, mmmkey?

Do I need a degree course to discuss a country, obviosly IYO I do....why is that?
Also I wouldnt call them smart answers, just questions you refuse to answer.

Your blind defending of US and UK foreign politics regarding the War on Terrorism will sooner or later (I think sooner) bring you to face the World of Reality.

Well with respect mate I wouldnt call it blind I would call selecting what I defend, I have yet to defend torture...IMO thats imoral and wrong.

So, why do INTERNATIONAL LAWS apply to Selective countries only?

...Yes why does that happen? I mean after all how can one country be governened by say human rights but another not?

And, while we are talkinga bout SOMALIA, here is the latest Newsflash:

some U.S. analysts of Africa policy

Tricky ey?

Hmm I take it these same analysts are of the same quality which gave us the iraq war information
come on you and I know how "realiable" the news is with generalsing its sources....

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Associated Press from Washington Post

A U.N. anti-torture panel issued a rebuke of Bush administration counter-terrorism policies today, calling for the closing of Guantanamo detention facility in Cuba and a halt to the transfer of suspected terrorists to countries where they may face torture.

The committee, charged with monitoring the 1984 Convention Against Torture which the U.S. has ratified, also charged that the imprisonment of suspects in secret detention facilities constitutes a clear violation of the 1984 treaty.

The U.N. panel, made up of nine experts, urged the Bush administration to establish a federal law criminalizing torture and to eliminate some of its most controversial interrogation techniques, including sexual humiliation, the use of dogs to induce fear and "water boarding," a practice that involves simulating the sensation of near-drowning.

And it urged the Bush administration to support the International Criminal Court, which the U.S. has refused to join.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

The UN has no real power to do anything unless it has a nation like the US backing it's decisions. The UN is just a tool for the US to use for pressuring governments. When the UN doesn't do what the US wants then the US does it on it's own. Iraq is an example of that.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Iran is not Even among those "Elite few" idiots, that change their Security for Nuclear holocaust "Get out of Jail" card

Could you explain what you mean by this a little bit more clearly....

I mean, that False Security behind which the nuclear superpowers are hiding is nothing more, but FEAR of nuclear exchange, which is supposed to make the people of the World feel Safe - yet this Safty is only protected by Weapons of Mass Destruction. Is that the PEAK of Human Civilization?

I dont know , why dont you ask them why they should destroy isreal or europe?

No - you tell me, if you think that this kind of Suicide Attack is Good of Iran? So, why do you think, that they just want nukes to blast a hole in Jerusalem, whish is, if I am not mistaken, a HOLY CITY for Muslims too. That is like, nuking Mecca or Medina - utterly stupid.

Are you sure they just want to "play with the big boys" what about all those little boys and girls all around it?

So - USA can play, but Iran can't?

What game is this?

The game of Nuclear Rat Race.

Where is the logic in not dealing with every threat instantly?
Another question: Are you not concerned about irans nuclear capability?

What threat is that?
I am just concerned over Iran's nuclear capability - which they do not even have yet - as I am concerned over nuclear capabilities of Other Nuclear superpowers, like USA, UK, France, Isreal, Russia, China, North Korea, India and Pakistan. Tell me, does India and Pakistan not concern you? They are not in very friendly relations at all, and they both own nukes.

No but neither have you lived in britain , america or iran...so why are you willing to critisise them....bit hypocritical isnt it?

Aren't you critisizing Iran and not me?

No we learned about france actually and scotlands history oh and how to make leak soup, dont mess with me in the kitchen boy! I make a mean one!

Hey I like that Idea - let's have the Duel of the Iron Chef!

Well with respect mate I wouldnt call it blind I would call selecting what I defend, I have yet to defend torture...IMO thats imoral and wrong.

You say torture is immoral and wrong - yet you support US detention camps like Guantanamo?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I mean, that False Security behind which the nuclear superpowers are hiding is nothing more, but FEAR of nuclear exchange, which is supposed to make the people of the World feel Safe - yet this Safty is only protected by Weapons of Mass Destruction. Is that the PEAK of Human Civilization?

What is the point in punishing a criminal?

No - you tell me, if you think that this kind of Suicide Attack is Good of Iran? So, why do you think, that they just want nukes to blast a hole in Jerusalem, whish is, if I am not mistaken, a HOLY CITY for Muslims too. That is like, nuking Mecca or Medina - utterly stupid.

You want my little old ignorant, totally biased, ill informed and hot blooded youth opinion on why iran would want the bomb?
Just to make sure I understand the question...

So - USA can play, but Iran can't?

So the US cant preach death on the muslim world but iran can?

The game of Nuclear Rat Race.

Ah THAT game, you mean the game that the big 5 won?

What threat is that?

Every threta to a country, what is the point in us going after one bad guy at a time when we should really do a massive co-ordinated attack and take out EVERYBODY who might be, could be, will be and might be a threat in the past , present and future.

I am just concerned over Iran's nuclear capability - which they do not even have yet

Yet you dont mind them having it?

- as I am concerned over nuclear capabilities of Other Nuclear superpowers, like USA, UK, France, Isreal, Russia, China, North Korea, India and Pakistan. Tell me, does India and Pakistan not concern you?

Well none of the above concerns me because well none of the above would waste a several million dollar/pound nuke on a little cruise ship, unless suddenly cruise ships have become bigger targets while I've been away?
India and Pakistan are there own countries, if they want our help they need only ask if they dont want it well good luck we'll turn up the funerals if the shooting starts.
France, isreal, russia and the US dont concern me well because all of the above have no quarrels with my country, china and NK do worry me...

They are not in very friendly relations at all, and they both own nukes.

Why should we defend them if they do not want us to ?

Aren't you critisizing Iran and not me?

Good idea to switch the question back round but no cigar, its a bit hypocritical of you to critisise one side and not the other isnt it?

Hey I like that Idea - let's have the Duel of the Iron Chef!

.....Riiiight.....ook then...

You say torture is immoral and wrong - yet you support US detention camps like Guantanamo?

Is capturing criminals wrong? I dont agree with torture (what they may or may not do there) but I think that there should be a place for criminals to kept.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I will add this in here, have already added this to others threads:

Four former Guantanamo Bay detainees have been given the right to bring a lawsuit against the US government for violating their religious beliefs.

Will anything come of this seeming that there has been calls for Guantanamo Bay to be Shut Down??

news.bbc.co.uk...

Also:

The US has been accused of operating secret prisons and transporting some detainees to states which use torture.

Washington responded to the Red Cross by saying it was not obliged to allow access to all of its detainees.

"There is a certain subcategory of individuals who have forfeited their protections under the Geneva Conventions and there is not an obligation to allow access to those individuals," said state department spokesman Sean McCormack.

The US has admitted to some use of third countries but says prisoners are never transferred for the purpose of torture.

Both the United States and a European Parliament committee have been trying to probe some of the claims.

'No right to hide'

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is the only independent organisation which has been granted access to suspects in US jails in Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Personally, I see the U.N. as nothing more than a glorified debating committee that has rarely (if ever) enforced it's own resolutions. I personally don't care what the U.N. has to say. Do I care if prisoners in Gitmo are being tortured? Not even a little. If some religious wacko is willing to strap a few pounds of C-4 to his chest and blow up a crowded theater in the name of "Allah" then I could care less what the CIA does to him. Unless I'm mistaken, Geneva Convention provides no protection to rebels/insurgents, and spies can be executed.

These guys werent picked up for public intoxication or jay-walking. They're murderers.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Some of them that were picked up didn't murder anyone.. geez lets class the journalists that were detained as murderers too eh pffffft...

Yeah the US Adminsitration..does not listen to anyone anyways one rule for them one rule for the rest of the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join