It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you stop nightmares?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have allways suffered from very bad nightmares, since i can remember.

But last nights took it to a whole new, and disgusting level. It's playing in my mind and its making me feel upset, scared and sick :-( I think ive only ever had about one nightmare before this that was as bad.

Anyway i'm not going to go into details (sorry it's jus too disturbing and i need to stop thinking about it) But does anybody know of anything that can help/stop nightmares?

I'd do anything for a night without one :-(

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have suffered from nightmares since I was a child...I am now nearly 38.
I have tried everything from shrinks, to sleeping pills and nothing helps at all.
My nightmares are very reality based, i.e. earthquakes, war, home invasions etc and not monsters and dragons.
Some may say it is repressed memories but believe me I am well aware of all the hideous things that happened in my childhood. I don't think I am repressing anything.
I have had many nightmares come true and after all these years am beginning to believe they are precognitive in some way.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Whilst you are having these nightmares, are you aware that it's not really happening?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Nightmares are a result of deep fear and anxiety over an emotional issue that needs to be addressed and surpassed. If you do not find what is going on in your life that is causing this, you will continue to get nightmares.

Repeated nightmares are a way of your mind trying to tell you that its quite urgent that you need to overcome this life issue, otherwise you may fall mentally or physically ill

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Crookedblue Would you mind if I express some suggestions?

Try to get to bed relaxed, without negative thoughts. Never watch Tv in bed. (Try listening to classical music before getting in bed).

Have you tried writing down your nightmares the moment you awake?

You know? Nightmares are usually a way to tell you something. Do you feel anxious when watching to a movie or do you look at it as a movie: something that cannot affect you?
If you can assume nightmares as something that cannot hurt you, but wants to communicate something important to you, maybe you can start feeling better...

Thank you for reading my post.
I hope you can have some good sleep soon.

Chatbrat According to your comments, you are starting to believe some nightmares will come true.

It is not a bad idea if you take note of your nightmares just after awakening...

Don´t feel as if they were negative but accept their positive sense. Used in an appropriated way (you´ll have to find yours), you could have a possibility of helping someone or/and yourself.

Nightmares cannot hurt you. Don´t be scared. It is usually the way to express repressions, to communicate with your inner part and...Why not? To get information from the past or future...

After taking note, you can read them (after a while) in order to find a reason or connection with your life...

I hope you feel better soon.

new topics

top topics

join