It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Pill Press: Above top Secret is Corrupt

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Anyways, does anyone remember the topic at hand?

En español por favor, no le entiendo...

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You're right Burgess, a jail term. Not pleasant.

Anyways, does anyone remember the topic at hand?

I believe that StJude was being schooled in the way of ATS

At least that's what i got from the thread

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
my final afterthought:

Smoke me a kipper Skipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I am happy the way SO handled the situation, definitly thumbs up there!

I think everyone has ever thought: 'I wonder if ATS is actually operated by a government entity' but that thought pretty much doesn't make sense to me since a forum would NOT be the ideal media for such a disinfo operation, you would want a site to seamingly posts sellected articles (like Rense.com, conspiracy-net.com (now defunct) ).

So, way to go SO and Springer! you guys rock...

However sometimes I am quite intimidated by the mods, I am afraid that I will say something wrong and get warned or worse banned, there is so much stuff in the ToS, esspecially with posting external material (when will there be a button to simplify external quoting, it's [ ex]quote[ /ex] right? (I will review this later), that is the only complaint I have on how ATS is managed, but I will continually do by best not to infringe on any ToS since ATS rocks and I am happy to be part of the veteran ATS members.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
However sometimes I am quite intimidated by the mods, I am afraid that I will say something wrong and get warned or worse banned, there is so much stuff in the ToS, esspecially with posting external material (when will there be a button to simplify external quoting, it's [ ex]quote[ /ex] right? (I will review this later), that is the only complaint I have on how ATS is managed, but I will continually do by best not to infringe on any ToS since ATS rocks and I am happy to be part of the veteran ATS members.

No reason to be. Like I alluded to earlier, no one has ever been banned for no reason in the many years I've been here. I mean yeah... there's certain things to be careful of, like foul language, or posting something illegal or inappropriate, but I've never known you to be the type of person to do that, so why worry?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
no one has ever been banned for no reason in the many years I've been here.

Unless..........what if someone, with mod "privileges", accidentally banned herself just to "see if it could be done"............or............what if an admin. "accidentally" gave some nutjob mod banning abilities, who then, drunk with power, went on a banning spree of lunacy!!!

Nah, those would never happen.

Don't worry GZ, in banning situations, I've always seen people given fair warning.

It's not just a spur of the moment action, and in most situations it's been many (ignored) fair warnings.

[edit on 2/15/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
ATS ROCKS-BEST FORUM ON THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry, just had to say that

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Self-Referential Poetry

Oh, this thread is simply grand.

Just when you think someone couldn't find a fresh new way to do it, lo and behold, it comes round again.

Some think themselves clever, but the old bulls know better.

False prophet that I am, I predict that somedaye not long from now, pilgrims will circle this thread seven times, then pelt it with stones.

Meanwhile, the real April 1st fast approaches.

I think I may dress up as a Cassiopaean for the occasion.

Old Overquote

Originally posted by Lysergic

What a guy!

Now it you'll excuse me...

Great pate, mom, but I gotta motor if I wanna be ready for that party.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
*Kisses back - not in a homesexual way, but in more of a prison way*

BOOYA ZEDD!!!

Someone just got served.

*looks for the unused lube*

It makes me feel special to come along and give all you boys something worth playing with.
Congratulations!

it just goes to show you that my original post in this thread was exactly right.
I look forward to when you get to play toss the monkey with me again soon.

feel good?

buncha' spooks!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
That Langley thing was an April Fool's joke.

The company that does host ATS, though, is also known to have hosted a lot of anti-American Islamic sites that have popped up in the past, from what I understand. Something to think about maybe.

There is also much info floating around from previous sources with nothing to do with Laura Knight. It seems the "rumours" have been around for quite sometime. Not only is theplanet linked to fake islamic websites but also to bank scams and ebay scams as well as cointelpro in many areas.

Cointelpro has not been scaled down in fact many areas of the Net speak of it more and more

then there is this

letsroll911.org...

with some stuff on abovetopsecret down the bottom, so the questions are being raised......

educationforum.ipbhost.com...
www.hackthissite.org...
NTimc

The Planet is linked as cointelpro often along with other various scams....

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

No reason to be. Like I alluded to earlier, no one has ever been banned for no reason in the many years I've been here.

Well, I'm sure there are lots of Banned Members who never got the chance to plead there case after being mysteriously despatched of in the night would disagree with such statements.

Funny how this thread has gone:

We've had some moderators ridiculing the members, some moderators sticking up for the members, characters steering the conversation away from the original topic and wiser cats steering it back on course.

There are the odd one or two who are b*tching that this topic has been covered before but i'm sure it will be covered again and the fact that some Moderators rub people up the wrong way means there are number of disgruntled ex-members of ATS out there who will spread rumours around the net for no other purpose then revenge.

The fact is we will never find the truth here because we don't know who to trust.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by StJude
Well, I'm sure there are lots of Banned Members who never got the chance to plead there case after being mysteriously despatched of in the night would disagree with such statements.

Are you speculating or do you actually know any? Oh, and there are two sides to every story, how do you figure out who to believe?

Funny how this thread has gone:

We've had some moderators ridiculing the members, some moderators sticking up for the members

So what don't you get? Your own observation shows the Mods and Admin have widely varying perspectives and this is NOT a one sided board. As far as I have seen everyone is represented by the diversity of the ATS Moderators.

and the fact that some Moderators rub people up the wrong way means there are number of disgruntled ex-members of ATS out there who will spread rumours around the net for no other purpose then revenge.

Again, do you know these people? I have one question for them if you do, Have they got a life?

The fact is we will never find the truth here because we don't know who to trust.

Oh stop already, hang around a little longer and open your eyes just long enough to see every issue having not just members but Mods too, who are on both sides of every view point. I honestly think some people only see offense and are blind to the fact that this is the most well rounded board out there. I haven't run across any other board where such an effort is made to have Mods of oppossing views. Most others are moderated by like minded people of the owners of their sites specifically to support their own agendas.

I'm sure it would be no problem for anyone who wants that to find one that supports only their own view points and hang out there, so they can shelter themselves from being exposed to offense if they can't take it. But they aren't going to find that in the real world, nor thank God on ATS.

P.S. TC Rocks! He just calls it as he sees it, and gets more than his share of flack over it, but it doesn't change him, and how could you not respect that? If this board were as bad as some seem to think it is some of you wouldn't still be babbling on about it now would you?

I recommend an up close and personal Podcast - The Myths and Truths of the Misunderstood Thomas Crowne. Aren't we overdue for and ATStrogen Lite?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   

IP Address 213.206.128 213.206.129 213.206.130
Node Name Gov-bb21-lan-14 Gov-bb22-lan-15 Gov-bb23-lan-16
Location Langley, Virginia
MS 60
Network Used whois.nic.mil (for military network information)

I remember this. It used to be abovetopsecret.mil, then the staff decided that was too obvious so they made it abovetopsecret.gov, and still had problems. Finally someone came up with the .com for ATS and it's been all good ever since.

Admin edit: Removed link to CIA... No reason for people getting that in their computers...

[edit on 2-16-2006 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ok there Sporty...
Do that again, and i will *&$*#$&*

DO NOT LINK TO THE CIA SITE!

if you list a link to the CIA, then you are tricking others into going there, and who knows WHAT kind of tracking software they use...

On a paranoia conspiracy website no less... come on man...
link smart, not tricky...

I understand it was your idea of a joke, but you could have just caused our entire company to be keystroke tracked for all i know... (or you know)

Ohhh, and the rest of the info you posted was just straight BS... I have been here far longer, and no such other naming ever occured. Ohh, probably just another joke...
yeah.... you funny man...

[edit on 16-2-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by StJude

Trust me.

Seriously, withhold your trust, if you think that's the right thing to do. I support you in doing that. Then hang around for a while. See how things are handled. Read the TOS and don't break them. You'll do great and you'll learn a whole lot. Not just about conspiracies, but about people. Then decide who to trust.

Has anyone mentioned this thread?
Moderators are People, Too

I have been a moderator and I have been criticized for having a strong opinion, like I'm supposed to post to some higher standard than everyone else, or I'm supposed to be some automaton with neither opinion nor fault. That's just not the way it is. They're people. They even screw up.

Being held to a higher standard is no fun when you just want to be involved in the threads and have a good time like everyone else. What fun would it be just to 'police' the boards? The fun is getting in there and debating, arguing and sometimes teasing people.

And don't forget, the mods keep this place cleaned up (for free) and that makes for a pleasant place to hang out.

But, yeah, the moderators are not perfect.
And they're not always "on". Why should we expect them to be?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
my final afterthought:

You got it Arnold J, consider it on the way

I agree the ATS bashing article is not worth the time of day.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
They're people. They even screw up.

Screw up? Us? NEVER!

We are evil incarnate.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The internet is full of peculiar activity, ATS included, and I do not doubt that ATS has had it's fair share of peculiar members with intent of analysis of public opinion regarding certain issues. Conjoined with these peculiar sites if ATS is, is beyond me, and I see nothing wrong with questioning ATS's merit and ownership; this is a conspiracy site, and this a conspiracy, is it not? Then let it be deducted otherwise.

Luxifero

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ok then, perhaps a change of tact

In order to prove that ATS is not a crook why not prove Laura Knight and the red pill press are.

Seems to me that would be logical way to solve this mystery.

Here are a few links that discuss her:

Vincent bridges

Collen Johnson

Jay Weidner

Maybe if we dig deep we can get to the bottom of this once and for all, hell, maybe we get some words from the woman herself.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
according to those links that you presented... she is nuts...
are those links real? or did you spend all night creating these people that have been so deeply offended by Laura J in the past...

deduced from the links:
Laura J has much more problems than trying to prove ATS is or isn't anything....
She seems to have some very disturbing mental problems... (i have worked around and with many "new agers" and she fits all the symptoms of a fanatic) Which is far beyond normal or traditional techniques... she has created her own...

so according to her (and only her, as no one else in the community will back her up)
she has been talking with aliens for many years using a quija board...
I have gotta see that proved somewhere else...
If she truly feels that way... then I need to contact her... so i can put her in touch with "her people"
who all happen to live in the mental wing of the State hospital...

Cointelpro... Only if they were desperate... she is just a looney without a following, so she will use whatever mainstream appeal she has left, to draw a crowd...
I suddenly feel very sorry for Arkady... (as i have been married to a nut before)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join