It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Own A IPOD W00tI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I am the proud new owner of a 20gb Apple Ipod. Im a pc users so im alil scared im trading over in the dark side alil to fay but it feels good

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Actually... that fine piece of consumer electronics is saving you from the dark side.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Could you post some info about that?

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I love my ipod. I bought one a couple of weeks ago. I take it everywhere with me.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Now that's targeted advertising... look at the Google ads.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Now that's targeted advertising... look at the Google ads.

Damm you're right William. I hadn't noticed the ads. lol

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
I am the proud new owner of a 20gb Apple Ipod. Im a pc users so im alil scared im trading over in the dark side alil to fay but it feels good

I wouldn't consider it the "Dark Side" any more than any other Computer technology. Apple/Mac is smart technology just a little more proprietary. In fact the last I checked Apple/Mac was actually very diverse and innovative compared to PC's. The machines I used while working in Publishing could accept PC format disc's just as easily as it's own. The "open market technology" used by PC's has allowed them to reach a much wider audience because the compatability in allowing anyone to create software/hardware for use. At the same time that also allows for a range of quality which can be bad for those who do not study before buying!

Just a side note. Years ago some may remember a computer that came out that was way ahead in terms of Personal PC's and the "Big Business Monster" IBM. It was the Atari ST. Superior graphics and multimedia while providing speed and power at affordable price. However it's propietary nature among other things made for a difficult advancement in the market.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm terribly jealous. I could probably afford one, but I can't afford a new computer (mine doesn't have firewire), so I'm kind of out of luck

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
I'm terribly jealous. I could probably afford one, but I can't afford a new computer (mine doesn't have firewire), so I'm kind of out of luck

You can add a PCI firewire card to your PC for like $30 these days. Its a very cheap upgrade.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
LOL Cheaper than I expected. This is what you need for your computer if you dont have Firewire.

www.newegg.com...

[Edited on 5-10-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I was just sayin the dark side because Ive been a stout PC user for awhile and have argued with william acouple times on the board.

BTW WILLIAM the apple store amazed me! It had a wierd cultish feelling while walkin in that store almost like it was draqing me in

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

You can add a PCI firewire card to your PC for like $30 these days. Its a very cheap upgrade.

I have an iBook. there's really not much that can be done in terms of upgrades, unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

I have an iBook. there's really not much that can be done in terms of upgrades, unfortunately.

Oh ok. Well thats the problem with laptops you can't upgrade anything in them. Only the Hard Drive and some more memory but other than that you're stuck with it.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Have come across stories on the web that equate Apple with the Ilumanitti.

The apple is supposed to signify the apple of adam and eve, the computer and technology supplying the forbidden knowledge and being the entrapment.

The multi-colouring was suposed to mean something else too. Jobs was said to be a fake name that you may equate with Jobe of the bible.

Has anyone seen this stuff lately or can confirm what I had seen?

new topics

top topics

join