It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Want To Know What Happens First Hand In Iraq!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Is there anybody you can call for help?

Ghostbusters!

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally Posted By: Submersible
And lastly, if you felt certain in your heart that you and everybody in your family's life was being threatned and some were being killed by a 'terrorist' in this country....
would you as a soldier take it upon yourself to go out and kill him?
Even if you didn't have 'orders'?

You are damn right I would take it upon myself to go out and kill someone threatening any one person in my family and if neccessary reap the consequences. This is what anybosy would do do protect their family I would think.

As far as the rest of your post I can't say as I haven't looked into the governement much andwhat I have heard don't know how much is true. I am sure that there are corrupt individuals in the government as there are in every government in the world.

It's disheartening to see some of the posts in this thread that tend to get nasty and off topic. This topic was only created to give people an idea what life is like from one soldiers point of view plain and simple. I will not fault the mods if they feel it neccessary to shut this topic down because of individuals that don't know anything but hatred in their heart for others that feel it is their duty to do some of the things they have done.

I joined the Army in February 8, 1991 only 2 days after my 18th birthday while Desert Storm was underway and have served honorably since. I love everything the Army has taught me in values, strength, and how to face your fears. Some people will never know what this is like and those that have served know what I am talking about.

If any of you have any other questions about over there then I am all ears or rather fingers.

Thank you all for your support for soldiers and it is something that we all love. While I was over there I would get mail every once in a while from myself, never got one letter from anyone in my family for some reason. What I got is what I purchased online from a laptop to XBOX and other toys to make life a little easier over there.

My favorite thing that I got over there were letters from school aged children. I was a pen pal with 3 different kids from Mississippi and Tennessee and loved to write them all the time. They always had questions about my family and kid and basically just wanted to know how I was doing. Just basic questions but the most important thing was that they cared and offered anything they could even if they had no way to do it I am sure they would find a way.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I didn't mean to offend you with my questions.

For some reason the images of the dead babies did not disturb you as much as my concerns.

I'm glad you are safe, and sorry you spent so much time alone.
I would tell you stories of the friends that I was very close to before they were sent to Iraq, but you may not believe they are true either...
I loved them, I wrote them and sent them pictures of the good times that we had.. no need to elaborate any further.

I just wanted to ask a soldier who was 'fresh' out of the killing zone if you or any of the other men and women you have been on the other side of the world fighting with understood that there is a war taking place here,
of which you have been on vacation from.

It's knowledge and awareness of what is truly happening to all of us, if you are not interested in the specifics of my post or doing the legwork necessary to verify the facts contained in them, just notice that the information contained in them have not been contradicted. Nobody here or anywhere else in the world is interested in proving the facts wrong, because they are not.

In 'reality', things get much worse than that, from an 'intelligent' standpoint there are several other members here that have found information relating to the molestation of our genetic structure that would probably make you vommit, regardless of what you have previously experienced in war.
WE are the new victims, My family and Yours!

Besides the fact that the director of the EPA is making decisions that will have an intentional negative effect on this Nation, there is a company named MONSANTO that is functioning more as a lawless ENTITY than a major drug dealing corporation.
How much evidence would you need to be satisfied that they are treating you and everybody that you love like labratory animals?

We are at war HERE, and the death toll of 'unknown soldiers' is staggering. We may never fully understand the amount of death and disfigurement the human race will experience from allowing these people to continue in their 'operation' ON US.

Call somebody.
Ask them what THEY think should be done by the military in a situation like this, your boss, the sec of def, is one of the deadliest men in the world.

You want proof of that? open the Aspartame gate, it's all there.

newmediaexplorer.org

and here

sorry to come at you like this.
it's real, it's serious.

Call somebody, see if you can find another soul that want's to fight for US, NOW.

mod edit to shorten liink

[edit on 19-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
I'm curious about the complicity of the police and the insurgents/suiciders. Why do you think they are willingly aiding them? Have the police been infiltrated by the insurgents or is it because they themselves want you guys out of their country? If it's the former, what can be done? If it's the latter, I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done.

I remember last summer that there were instances of the police force being infiltrated by members of Moqtada Al Sadr's brigade. I thought back then, and I still do think, that he is a very disruptive force and should be taken out. The coalition has backed him into a corner several times, only to fall for his false white flags.

Sorry for going off topic here.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IncognitoGhostmanThank you all for your support for soldiers and it is something that we all love. While I was over there I would get mail every once in a while from myself, never got one letter from anyone in my family for some reason. What I got is what I purchased online from a laptop to XBOX and other toys to make life a little easier over there.

You didn't need your family bro...I was there for ya. Well I'm kinda like family. Didn't need to send you letters either cause you called me all the time..lol. Just glad your back safe cause I don't know if I could have found anyone as crazy as we are to go on these adventures we get ourselves into..

mod edit to insert quote tags

[edit on 19-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I See You; thanks for being there and you were not what I was talking about. I know we are like family but it was my real family that has never gone out of their way to call me or write me other than on my birthday and even then I only get a card from my mom.

Now for the Iraqi PoliceI do believe they have been infiltrated or rather complicite in the insurgent activity. There have been just too many coincidences where they have been close to an IED going off.

Another thing I need to say is about the activity when I left and to this day. The insurgents have turned to attacking the Iraqi citizens and are doing it at alarming rates. This is a really sad fact because the majority of citizens are trying to change things in their country yet are helpless to do anything against them.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Does that mean you won't take it upon yourself to do anything?

Typical!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What is it that you are doing Submersible other than sitting at your pc?
Typical!

He is no longer in Iraq and was doing things while there. So what's your excuse?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I am by myself, I do not have an ARMY of friends and fellow soldiers to call upon to help me save my families life !

This is the only opportunity to reach out to somebody else that has the ability to help, so that is what I'm doing.
I don't scrounge around the web looking for people that I can beg to help us, so don't expect me to tolerate being ignored when I do.

It just blows my funking mind that hundreds of thousands of American citizens are willing to become soldiers so they can be shipped to the other side of the planet to fight an INSIGNIFICANT war.
I mean, how much more irrelevant could the next suicide bomber be to the American public compared to the thousands of people who will die here today because of what THIS government is doing to US ?

Nobody has a problem with our military killing people when they are 'answering a call to duty', well I have a serious problem because there is no 'authority figure' in this country to call the American people to save themselves !

Wouldn't it piss you off if an employee of MONSANTO came to your front door everymorning and forced you to take a poisonous pill ?
Then it should piss you off even more that with the help of the USG they are slipping the drugs into our MILK against our will.
And it's killing us!
And we know this man !

Do you have any recommendations ?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Not to be a pain here, but...

Submersible, can you not just buy another brand of milk?

I'm sure other manufacturers are aware of this and will promote organic milk free from hormones.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Submersible I am willing to fight for my family and will if need be. I would like to know some accurate examples and links to the info and will look into it myself and give my opinion on it so u2u me with examples.

I am also in a position right now where I can't speak out against the government without threat of inprisonment. If I were to speak out and say things against the government and went to prison for it then how could I protect my family and others in the process.

I wrote this as I said to let people know what life is really like over there. What the media portrays is just a tiny bit of what it is like over there. You don't get the whole story but only just what they want you to see.

Have you seen anything about the humanitarian missions? NO!!
Have you seen anything about the starving children running around without shoes and ragged clothes? NO!!

Everywhere you go there are children that have nothing and they give to us whatever they can to show they like us. In turn we have given them shoes and sometimes we have even given adults our own boots. Our unit in fact has had a lot of donations from Buffalo and given lots of clothes to local kids.

I know that back here in the US there are also a lot of kids that live in squaller but it's nowhere near like it is over there. To put a little picture on it just look at the slums you would see here in the US and then think of what it would be like 10 times worse and there you have it. Every city that I have seen north of Baghdad is like that and I can't say what Baghdad is like because I was never there. The living conditions are outrageous as is the water. My unit was stationed near Tikrit which is as you know Sadaam's hometown and the people are really thankful for us being there. There are of course those few that don't want us there but know we are helping them.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Insignificant war Submersible?....

So you think it is insignificant that the coalition stopped Saddam from committing terrorist attacks in U.S. soil?.....

Putin says Iraq planned US attack

Putin was a vocal opponent of the US-led war in Iraq
Russian President Vladimir Putin says that after the 9/11 attacks Moscow warned Washington that Saddam Hussein was planning attacks on the US.
He said Russia's secret service had information on more than one occasion that Iraq was preparing acts of terror in the US and its facilities worldwide.

Mr Putin said he had no information the Iraqi ex-leader was behind any attacks.

It came a day after US President George W Bush insisted there had been links between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.

He disputed the preliminary findings of a US commission investigating the 9/11 attacks on Washington and New York that found no "credible evidence" of a relationship between the two.

Surprise remarks

Speaking on a visit to Kazakhstan, Mr Putin said Russia had warned the US on several occasions that Iraq was planning "terrorist attacks" on its soil.

"After the events of 11 September 2001, and before the start of the military operation in Iraq, Russian special services several times received such information and passed it on to their American colleagues," he told reporters.

Excerpted from.
news.bbc.co.uk...

You find insignificant that even after many of the media channels claim that no wmd evidence has been found we have actually found plenty of evidence which shows Saddam still had a wmd program and had banned military technology, and tons of documents which dealt with wmd?...

Blix: Iraqis have found more warheads
Top inspectors meet with Iraqi officials
Monday, January 20, 2003 Posted: 3:04 AM EST (0804 GMT)

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqi officials said they have found four more empty chemical warheads similar to 12 others found last week, the U.N.'s chief weapons inspector said Sunday.

Hans Blix, in Baghdad with top nuclear weapons inspector Mohamed ElBaradei, said on CNN's "Late Edition" that the 12 empty warheads were on the agenda for talks Sunday with Iraqi officials.

"They said they had been surprised themselves" about finding the empty warheads, Blix said. "They were in boxes, never opened -- there were bird droppings on them. But of course they should have been declared and destroyed."

Excerpted from.
www.cnn.com...

Is it an insignificant war that our brothers and sister from many nations including the U.S, Britain, Spain and many other died to oust a maniatical man and his regime who was not only a threat to the world, but a threat to Iraqis also?

It is true that iraqis have died as the coalition attacked the regime, i wish that innocent people didn't die in wars, but they do. Most soldiers and sailors were not looking forward to killing innocent iraqi civilians, but the regime of Iraq was, and the same is happening with the insurgents.

Most of the victims the insurgents kill these days are civilians and not military, and the insurgents are willingly targeting and killing civilians.

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by IncognitoGhostman
I am also in a position right now where I can't speak out against the government without threat of inprisonment. If I were to speak out and say things against the government and went to prison for it then how could I protect my family and others in the process.[/qoute]

Your position is not unique, we are all in the same boat.
I just wanted to know if you felt like, with your uniform, that you could also be in a position to speak the truth if you were surrounded by your platoon?
I'll be glad to provide you with all the examples you need to understand that 'we the people' are the unheard victims of the deadliest and most brutal war UN-known to man.

I wrote this as I said to let people know what life is really like over there. What the media portrays is just a tiny bit of what it is like over there. You don't get the whole story but only just what they want you to see.

What I am doing is no different, except for the fact that it pertains to the preventable death of our own direct family members, and the media protrays these crimes as this governments effort to 'spread their freedom', when in all actuality, they are trying to spread the diseases they are injecting into the population. I just wanted to let you know first hand that 'we the deaf-mute people' are being molested by drug dealers, and it's out of our hands.
You would be surprised what I 'get'. It's not a matter of somebody responding to what the media is offering them.

Have you seen anything about the humanitarian missions? NO!!
Have you seen anything about the starving children running around without shoes and ragged clothes? NO!!

Yes I have, have you seen anything about the children who don't live long enough to run ?
www.smh.com.au...

The only reason that I asked you those questions, which you still have not answered, is because I was hoping that you felt like, as a US Soldier, that you are not as helpless as the rest of US.
Could a group of soldiers organize and seek justice in their own country?
If a dozen soldiers set up camp outside of MONSANTO and simply refused to leave untill the top story on the news was US, and the amount of genetic mutation this one company is responsible for inflicting on us in total secrecy compliments of the USG.
Make a sign that sais "WE are seeking justice for the contaminated people", and don't say a word.

Originally posted by Muaddib
Insignificant war Submersible?....

So you think it is insignificant that the coalition stopped Saddam from committing terrorist attacks in U.S. soil?.....

I think everything that has happened up untill Now, IS insignificant.
Especially when the 'issue' of the future of the human race remains "not a subject for discussion".
When is the last time 'the administration' focused on our long term future?
How long has it been since the government tackled the issue of ,
how much longer will the children living in 'inner cities' be able to maintain their lung function, considering the amount of pollution that is already present and the amount of pollution that the EPA is allowing the industry to spew into the air. And it's not just about the poor people, Scottsdale, AZ is saturated with millionaires and they are suffocating as well.
So Yeah, Definitely!
If our media can successfully focus our attention on 'radical Islamic' people long enough for us to be ungulfed in our own smoke, then what has happened 'over seas' is extremely irrelevant.

What else should matter when 'the hand that feeds this nation' is full of drugs and poison?
The radical Islamic people?
If so then I believe they are being 'showcased' to inspire this population to fight for what they believe in, considering that we still haven't fought for our right to breathe!

Originally posted by Snoopdopey

Submersible, can you not just buy another brand of milk?

I'm sure other manufacturers are aware of this and will promote organic milk free from hormones.

No, it is totally unacceptable for this government to contaminate 95% of our dairy supply with a drug that has been outlawed by every other industrialized nation in the world including the UN as a whole, then send me out to go find 'good' milk.
Maybe they have the same attitude towards this situation as you, as long as they don't poison ALL of the milk...
then we still have a choice.
Is that much freedom worth fighting for? or something to spread to the rest of the world?

IncognitoGhostman, you started this thread because you didn't make a right turn and I'm glad you were able to let people know what life is really like 'over there',
Well "welcome home", it's 10x worse here.
sorry.

Evans Blue - Cold

[edit on 19-2-2006 by Submersible]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Seriously Submersible,

This is about Iraq, and a soldier's experiences there...NOT ABOUT THE EPA or the poisoning of Americans at home.

Stop hijacking threads, you have this same rambling about the EPA in many threads, that doesn't even relate to the original topic.

If people wanted to know about the information you have to offer, they would go to the appropriate forum section, so please take it elsewhere.

Now Incognito...It is very true the media doesn't report alot of the good that comes out of Iraq, and it is a shame. When I was on the DMZ in Korea Aug02-Aug03 we got the overflow of "gifts" and supplies to the Soldiers over there. The Army had so many donated care packages, they sent alot of them to us in Korea, and I had to help with picking up the mail for a while, and it was about 10 big boxes of supplies every day (just for my small company).

When alot of my friends came back from Iraq they said alot of the care packages they received, they gave the stuff out to the Iraqi civilians...did you guys ever do that, or was it too early in the war and still to "hot"?

I feel for you man, but I would have done the same thing with the guy pointing the RPG. I would feel like crap, and I would have to live with it for the rest of my life, but I wouldn't let my buddies in the vehicle go out if I could prevent it.

Kind of got off my point, but it was supposed to be there is good and bad actions in a warzone, and I wish we heard more of the good. Keep the posts comming man, and just ignore the ranting/off topic stuff.

BTW how much time till ETS? Or are you planning on sticking out the career? And yeah, you should definately be higher than E-4, hell I was an E-4 pretty quick, but I know Infantry promotes faster..you should pick some bones about that one, why you havent gotten your stripes yet.

Again, glad to have ya home!

[edit on 21-2-2006 by Brohaculo]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally Posted By: Brohaculo
When alot of my friends came back from Iraq they said alot of the care packages they received, they gave the stuff out to the Iraqi civilians...did you guys ever do that, or was it too early in the war and still to "hot"?

Yes we did indeed do that as we got a lot of care packages from various groups like adaopt a soldier and family and were up to our necks in everything from toothpaste and toothbrushes to snacks of every kind. The children loved it all and their favorite seemed to be water as we would give them cases of it.

I remember one day when we were up in a town called Tuz, which is 6 miles from the Iranian border. There is a base that we turned over to the Iraqi Army and were there for the change of command ceremony and were mobbed by local children. They were just everywhere asking questions and receiving things from us. There was this one little boy that just sat back and didn't say anything and I offered him an MRE and then gatorade and he turned it down. Then he came up to me and very quietly asked for some water. Having realized that he was shy and started warming up to us about an hour later he came up and asked for some paper and a pen. I will never forget the look on his face when I gave him my notepad (minus any notes I had in it about missions) and pen, he grabbed it, thanked me and ran with the biggest smnile on his face. Seeing these reactions from the kids like this was always the biggest highlight of being over there knowing we made them truely happy.

I ETS next year but I am probably going to stay in because i already have 13 yrs in right now and what the heck might as well get something out of it for retirement. I am going into a Reserve Drill Sergeant unit now and after talking with them I will be getting my stripes within 2 months after I start drilling with them. I also talked to them about going to the active duty DI school and said that with me having been to Iraq it is almost absolute that I will be able to. I want to go to this school which is 9 weeks because I am thinking of going back on active duty as a Drill Sergeant and will be training recruits at Ft Leonardwood, MO. Another thing about this school is that 6 months later I was told that I have a good chance at getting my next promotion to E6, so why not.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I just recently returned home from Iraq on Dec 15 2005 after serving 14 months there.

I have heard many and responded to various things that are happening in Iraq. I want to share with you a brief account of what it's like over there firsthand.

Most of the time life over there is pretty mundane and monotonous. Other times it is pretty hairy when mortars and rockets are incoming. There was one time when we were at a FOB (Forward Operating Base) near us and had 14 incoming mortars within 5 minutes time. Let me tell you that was pretty hairy and nerve racking.

My job over there was to conduct combat patrols as a combat engineer.
We had various duties including escorting Iraqi dignitaries where they needed to go.

We also patrolled the roads looking for IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices) as well as Vibe’s (Vehicle Born Improvised Explosive Devices). When we found these explosives we had to sit on them and wait for EOD (Explosive Ordinance Division) to arrive on-scene and take care of the problem. This I didn't understand because as a Combat Engineer we are also trained to handle explosives and could have well blown up the IED from the start instead of sitting on it for 2-3 hours waiting for EOD to show up.

There was one day on July 3rd 2005 when we had a pretty scary time. We were traveling to another FOB taking officers down there to take pictures of CHUs (Combat Housing Units) in order to expand on the FOB.

The day started out normally on our trip that took us 2 hrs away from home at the time. When we entered the town outside this FOB people were everywhere and the town was bustling. I was the lead vehicle gunner in our convoy and going through the town the people were giving us this look that said "what the hell are you doing here".

We made our way to the FOB and waited around for 2 hrs for the pictures to be taken and prepared to take off and head back home to our FOB. From the start things were screwed up because we had no radio communications with the FOB we were leaving. I being the COMMO person in the convoy got the frequencies from the personnel at the gate and inputting them into the radios and getting contact said everything is good to go.

We rolled out of the base and started our trek home. We journeyed down the road and started to enter town. This is when things started to get suspicious and worry all of us. Heading back into town I noticed that it was deserted except for a few women running off the street about 1/2 mile up ahead of us. Not long after I thought how eerie this felt did LT come over the radio and say, "what time is prayer time?". We made a left turn being the lead vehicle in a 4 vehicle convoy of armored HMMVs. About 30 meters up the road I heard an explosion and quickly heard the driver of the rear vehicle yelling over the radio, "We were hit". I turned around and saw his vehicle coming around the corner on 2 wheels.

At this point our commander I guess you could say froze up and my driver who is young and only been out of boot camp 3 months before heading over to Iraq started freaking out. I quickly told him to go around the traffic circle we had just come into. About half way around "Kenny's" vehicles rear wheels had locked up due to the explosion that had just rocked it. We came up behind it and pushed it out of the kill zone at about 5-10 mph. By making the complete circle we had left another vehicle in the lead and they missed the turn we should have taken.

Down the road about 3-4 miles we came upon a pontoon bridge that had been blocked off by our Army and as you see hit a dead-end. At this point we decided to secure a perimeter, being we only had to defend 3 sides, to make an assessment on the damaged vehicle. About 5 minutes later I observed 2 men moving around to our left flank and yelled to them and for the LT. They didn't heed my warnings and subsequently pulled AK's from their sides and I had to defend myself and opened up with the .50 cal machine gun.

Little did we know that during this time insurgents were maneuvering around and surrounding us. A few minutes later all hell broke loose and we were taking small arms fire as well as RPG's. The next 45 minutes or so went by so abruptly and unknowingly that I had gone through 1100 rounds of ammo on my .50 cal (I started out with 1200).

Finally LT had made the call to leave the vehicle and pull any sensitive items from it. The transfer of items only took 5 minutes but it seemed like an eternity.

We pulled out of the area and proceeded down the road with 3 vehicles. About 2 miles down the road we came upon a group of people on the right side of the road. The people were all crouched down with 3 kids and 5 women in front of the one man that was holding a RPG. In the split second of events with the RPG being aimed at us I opened fire on the group with my main gun and were by them. Suddenly I heard and explosion and the commander of the rear vehicle yelling his gunner was hit but they were mobile so we pressed on.

Continuing down the road we came upon some Bradley fighting vehicles with infantry inside. I told my driver to pull in between them so we could call for Medivac as we had no radio contact at this point.

We finally made our way back to the base we left and had taken the pictures at and got our friend to a waiting chopper.

At this point did I sit back and think about what had happened and realized we almost died with 13 of us surrounded and only 1 being injured. It was only later during our debriefing did we learn that we had just came up against Sadaam's elite special forces. We were also told by the officers there that they have no idea how we are still sitting there walking and talking to them knowing what we had come up against.

Do you remember back to when I said we missed a right turn well this is when we found out what could have happened. About 50 meters around the turn we should have made the insurgents had an ambush set up with about 30-40 waiting to hit us. They had RPGs, IEDs, and rifles waiting for us. The tanks and Bradleys that were coming to our aid got caught up with them and had a pretty intense fight to get to us. We can't say but we think that if we had made that turn well I wouldn't be here telling you this because we would all be dead.

This is just one of many stories I can tell you about but the one that sticks out in my mind. I loved being over there and seeing the looks on the kids eyes when we rolled into town.

They always came up to us talked and could speak decent English I might add. They were what made our whole reason for being there just seem right.

Semper Fi and welcome home brother

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Striker8441

SEMPER FI !

DO OR DIE !

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submersible

Originally posted by Striker8441

SEMPER FI !

DO OR DIE !

Do you even know what Semper Fidelis means and what branch of the military it is associated with???

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thanks for your service and giving us some of your experiences. You are fighting the good fight! Sometimes things don't go down like they should and our leaders make mistakes. War is hell, but it would be hell for sure if we didn't fight it. Death before Dishonor!

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I just want to say thanks, and that it is so very meaningful to read your words as a real look into life over there.

More stories, more stories!!!

Please don't let any of the bad things get to you down deep inside.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join