It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my 1994 sighting--has anyone seen anything like this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hello,
This is my first post. I am an applied scientist from California.
On a Sunday night in early February 1994, my girfriend and I were proceeding northbound on US 101 a few miles south of Gilroy, CA. My girlfriend was driving and I was dozing in the passenger seat when she let out a gasp. Coming towards us at about 25-30 feet in the air was a craft. The craft was approx. 30 feet long and cylindrical. It was over the median between the two directions of traffic. My inpression is that it was traveling not much faster than oncoming traffic would be going (70-80mph). There was no external illumination, but it glowed from within like a dim green light-stick. The most odd thing about the craft is the way it moved through the air. There was a slight lateral wave-like motion as though it was swimming through the air. Total sighting time for me was less than 5 seconds with my girlfriend perhaps a little longer. My last view was through the moon-roof as the craft was directly overhead. My impression is that its direction was changing rapidly, and it was now quickly moving to the west in the direction of some low hills. The weather that night was not clear. There were broken clouds and it was cold. There was no sound. No wings or any other obvious means of lift or propulsion. I told a couple of close friends and a professor whom I worked for at the time.
Has anyone else seen anything like this? I would appreciate any thoughts.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
That's an interesting sighting.

I witnessed a UFO in 2002 and it also had a very strange form of light radiating from it, from the inside out. It was different than any light I have seen before.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by viduatafilius
Hello,
I am an applied scientist from California.

I've seen a few of UFOs in my life, but never a cylinder. One large triangle when I was age four in 1980, a dumbell shaped object in 2003, and a triad of independent moving lights on Jan 1 2004.

My question to you is, since you are a scientist/engineer and you have seen a UFO, why do you think other scientists who likely have seen such objects for the most part remain silent on the issue? A lack of sightings, fear of government reprisal for speaking out on what appears to be a covered up subject, or fear of ridicule in general? It would seem that scientists would have less to fear from ridicule and be taken more seriously if they did discuss their sightings given their background.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

My question to you is, since you are a scientist/engineer and you have seen a UFO, why do you think other scientists who likely have seen such objects for the most part remain silent on the issue? A lack of sightings, fear of government reprisal for speaking out on what appears to be a covered up subject, or fear of ridicule in general? It would seem that scientists would have less to fear from ridicule and be taken more seriously if they did discuss their sightings given their background.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by heelstone]

For me fear of ridicule is the main reason. My family's financial security depends on my reputation. That, coupled witht the fact that my sighting was so rapid and probably inconsequential, keeps me quiet. If the subject comes up however, I will tell trusted individuals what I saw.
I have tried to keep current on the subject but have never heard anyone else mention the fluid motion that I witnessed. Any ideas?

[edit on 15-2-2006 by viduatafilius]

top topics

join