It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Cheney on the way out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
In no way do I feel this shooting incident was anything but an accident, but given Cheney's low approval ratings and the botched handling of the situation...I'm wondering if Cheney will step down.

Doing so would open up the VP position to groom someone new for the 2008 Republican nomination (Condi?)

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
In no way do I feel this shooting incident was anything but an accident, but given Cheney's low approval ratings and the botched handling of the situation...I'm wondering if Cheney will step down.

Doing so would open up the VP position to groom someone new for the 2008 Republican nomination (Condi?)

No surprise there.

It's ALL about the politics isn't it? Nothing about integrity.

Groom away, you'll see a BIG backlash in this year the elections.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
especially when you consider the White House Press Corps whispers that the Bush- Cheney interpersonal relationship is... well, a bit strained.

From what I understand, Bush seems to feel, rightly, that Cheney is usurping his power. There's also the more complicated father-son issue because, remember, Cheney worked with Bush 41. I can imagine that the puerile, simpering Bush Jr would feel like his dad (and, by extension, his dad's 'friends') are trying to run his presidency.

Awww, le pauvre, le petit prince!

...and, God, anybody but Condi!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Considering that they need someone who can follow the Agenda, Condi would be a good choice. Another smirking chump firmly entrenched in the oil industry and ready to do their bidding.

Originally posted by HarlemHottie

... I can imagine that the puerile, simpering Bush Jr would feel like his dad (and, by extension, his dad's 'friends') are trying to run his presidency.

Awww, le pauvre, le petit prince!

...and, God, anybody but Condi!

And I agree, Condi... ick

Hottie, they told us during the '00 elections that Jr. would have the very best advisors to run things and now we see who they are. Dad's friends, shrub said it himself so he knows.

Condi has said 'No, No, No', she won't run--for president. But I bet she'd accept a VP nomination. And if Cheney were to go, she'd probably be the one stepping in to be groomed. If for nothing else, to get her even more onboard and up to speed to run whatever cabinet chair they'd keep her in next.

Tim Russert on NBC just described Hillary as the front-runner for the Dem nonimation in '08 as he introduced her tape. LOL His little jibs don't go unnoticed.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Mrs. Clinton will be President in '2008. I can guarantee you that.

I don't know what William Clinton and Bush Sr have been up to though, because they are now friends and have been seen playing golf together gallivanting about. Makes an interesting point to who is actually running the show behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Considering that they need someone who can follow the Agenda, Condi would be a good choice. Another smirking chump firmly entrenched in the oil industry and ready to do their bidding...

And I agree, Condi... ick

Condi has said 'No, No, No', she won't run--for president. But I bet she'd accept a VP nomination. And if Cheney were to go, she'd probably be the one stepping in to be groomed. If for nothing else, to get her even more onboard and up to speed to run whatever cabinet chair they'd keep her in next.

Ewww, you are so right. Condi would be perfect. She fits right in with the oil-/ power- hungry cabal. But, if I were her, I would remember Mrs. Colin Powell's reaction when Barbara Walters asked about her husband's presidential aspirations. My boyfriend and I had a good hearty laugh at that, last night, in fact: she said everything except "I would be afraid for his life." But, maybe Condi would have better chances, considering her super- cozy relationsip with the Bushies. Colin Powell was already in trouble.

Hottie, they told us during the '00 elections that Jr. would have the very best advisors to run things and now we see who they are. Dad's friends, shrub said it himself so he knows.

We see where that got us. I suspect that before little Bush got in office, he admired his dad and looked up to him and, in a secondary sort of way, the people who his dad trusted. Then, he got in office and his whole perspective changed. What he'd thought would be his presidency turned out to be anything but. With all his dad's friends working for him, he couldn't be sure who they reported to... there's also the fact that, although all past presidents are entitled to it, Papa Bush is the only one who actually requests the daily briefings (Michael Moore could be wrong), so he's obviously keeping an eye on things.

Knowing how big on loyalty Bush 43 is, I think that the only reason he didn't get rid of everyone associated with his father is, a, it would look really bad, and, b, he wouldn't know what to do without them.

Tim Russert on NBC just described Hillary as the front-runner for the Dem nonimation in '08 as he introduced her tape. LOL His little jibs don't go unnoticed.

Um, am I allowed to say ewww to her too? That whole 'centrist' thing she was on for a while-- it only alienated her base. Then, while her little "plantation" outburst was an accurate portrayal of current polotics on Capitol Hill, I wasn't particularly impressed with her Chappaqua- style "fire and brimstone." Where is all this outrage on a regular basis? Whenever I see her on NY1, she's like, ooooh, I agree with Pataki. Then, on the national stage, she's all gung-ho, anti-Republican, riding on her husband's coattails. Whatever... unimpressed.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I don't know what William Clinton and Bush Sr have been up to though, because they are now friends and have been seen playing golf together gallivanting about. Makes an interesting point to who is actually running the show behind the scenes.

I have noticed that, and its making me a little nervous... but I guess we knew it all along.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Old President's Club. Yep, they think they got it going on.
Neither one of those two are dummies, so watch out for them. 41 was a CIA Chief and when he was VP for Reagan, was 'out-of-the-loop' during Iran/Contra. RIGHT! Clinton's probably hanging around trying to find out how they did it.

The best way to get rid of Cheney is going to be thru Scooter Libby's indictment and the strings have already been pulled to put that trial date past the Nov. elections. Or, it could also be giving them enough rope to hang themselves with as the Cunningham, DeLay, and Abramoff lines start to converge. K Street lobbying and election financing scandals in there too.

The Whittington Shooting could still produce enough back burn for a possible financing scandal if anyone would just look into it. The very first description I head (a week ago) about the incident is that it was a Fundraising junket. That should alone be enough to finally put to shame this Administration and their lobbying/fundraising ways. Yet I don't see them throwing Cheney to the wolves. His health [matters] would be a different story though...

As far as having a beer for lunch*, that's ridiculous nit picking that could only work if those yahoos in the bible belt didn't like their's so much too. Combining drink with prescription meds would be the point to drive home IF he wasn't so secretive. Denying access to medical records is one more big privacy issue they'd love to capitalize on.

*Americans take their sobriety very seriously. Europeans more lightly. In Spain where I was stationed in the military, we had spanish fuel drivers on base. They carried a liter bottle of beer in their lunches to work with them each day. Then back to the trucks on the flightline, fueling the big birds...

new topics

top topics

join