It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any good PC games?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hey,

I'm going to but some games for new laptop, anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
CB xxx

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What types of games you into? There are lots of games for PC so I'd like to narrow it down a bit.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Erm anything! I like aliens, space and all that. Erm, Racing games, things all fairy like and mystical! (Have no clue if there are any 'things all fairy like and mystical' games though
)

I know i know, i make this no easier do i?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well I'll just write down a bunch of my favorite recent games that I have on my desktop and on my shelf.

Homeworld 2 (Real Time Strategy)
F.E.A.R. (First Person Shooter with Bullet Time ala the Matrix)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (First Person Tactical Shooter)
Half Life 2 (First Person Shooter)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Crime Simulator
)
Battlefield 2 (First Person Tactical Shooter)
Galactic Civilizations (Turn Based Strategy)
Max Payne (3rd Person Shooter with Bullettime)
Max Payne 2 (ditto)
Neverwinter Nights (Fantasy Role Playing Game psuedo-turn based)

and this one isn't out yet but it's coming soon
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (Fantasy Role Playing Game not turn based but real time)

Hope this helps.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2 is about to come out. Cant forget those. Definately worth playing.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Or go old school with Starcraft and Warcraft..

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War. Like Starcraft but so much more violent. Avatar skewers the Warboss then throws it up in the air and hits him with the flat edge of the sword sending him flying. Also has an Expansion Pack called WInter Assault where you get the Imperial Guard, with the BaneBlade, and tank with 11 guns is awsome!

World Of Warcraft if you have the money, I don't, but friend does and it looks cool.

Quake 4, basic 1st shooter, and not my fav, I like Quake 1 and 2 better but if you want something that looks good QUake 4 does, but not as good as Half Life 2.

Half Life 2, already mentioned, along with Homeworld 2, so not going into detail.

Lords of the Realm 3, pretty cool, takes out the micromanagment of LOTR 2, but still fun.

Diablo 2+expansion. 7 classes, lots of items, and once you get into the multiplayer aspect the wheeling and dealing for items like the IK Armor or the Annihalus Charm is fun.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ohh thanks!

Fantasy was the word i was trying to think of, how silly do i feel now
!

Homeworld 2 looks good, but would i need to get the first one and play that so as to understand the second one if that makes sence?

top topics

join