It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic Sensors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Alright where to start
well in general i need to know how sensors, how they work and is there anyway to beat there system, is there anyway to sneak past electromagnetic sensors?

for starters i'm trying to get an RC or as i call it ICPV internally controlled photography vehicle to cross a Electromagntic Sensor

what does this have to do with area 51
see my other post Entering Area 51

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
check my post to your entering area 51 post .

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boywhowaits
... i'm trying to get an RC or as i call it ICPV internally
controlled photography vehicle to cross a Electromagntic Sensor...

Sensors would probably be the least of your obstacles.

It would have to travel for well over 12 miles and cross some
very rough, mountainous terrain.

Power supply, battery weight, solar cells, internal or
external guidance system, terrain negotiation, RF link,
data storage.

Disquise it as a rock/tumble weed/cactus? So a cactus
suddenly shows up on the flight line or at the door of
the hanger. They probably wouldn't notice.

Sarge

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well to answear your questions
Power supply , is going to be supplied by a battery but because it will be a slow moving RC maybe a few feet every half an hour the battery dosn't have to be that big which comes to battery weight so the weight wont be anything
solar cells- yes this will be hidden in the camoflauge/disguise.
the guidance system is something new i invented (or to be invented) it uses GPS cordinates as check points to move around so its internaly controlled meaning they can't trace any signals out to me
terrain negotiation, thats a biggie because my RC is so small
i dont know what an RF link is SOOOo i would enjoy if you filled me in
data storge is going to be built in, because it will most likely have a computer built right into it.

The disquise is as a commen nevada bush, so it would be similar and it wouldnt stand out, rock is to obviouse, moving rock yea dosnt work. Plus they often use rocks as guidance points so it cant be that big.
thanks alot sgtcamo glad to answear ur questions keep them coming it helps my design ALOT.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Reduce all ferris metals as much as possible is the best answer I can think of.
Use brass, stainless, copper, plastics and composites.

Remember, anything a magnet can stick to, an electromanetic sensor can pickup.

I'm not sure what type of sensors you are trying to sneak past, but most electromagnetic sensors have a very limited range vs sensitivity.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
thanks that helps a ton!
and yes i was going to make most my the parts plastic

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I just read the other thread and I have a couple things to add...

1) You're nuts! But a cool kind of nuts.

2) This device will have to be completely autonomous if it is going to work at all.
Any RF to or from the device will likely be detected at some point on its journey and when it is it would take them seconds, not minutes, not hours, to triangulate BOTH sources and squash them like a bug (one being you holding the remote).
3) Most of the motion detectors are probably IR, so it doesn't matter if you move during the day or night, if your device generates any heat at all it will be detected. But if the heat signature looks like a rabbit or a small rodent it will likely be dismissed. Move with the wind, day or night might be the best option there.
4) To keep some sort of control of the device you might get away with a burst-data transmission, preferably on a really obscure frequency. Maybe on a low shortwave band or something. At a certain time of day the device fires up a transmitter and broadcasts a chunk of data then shuts down. Then at a different time you broadcast back a chunk of data with new instructions to the device.

It might be doable, but this would have to be a fairly hightech gizmo to pull it off... like NASA hightech!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
alright bud as i already explined all the controls would be pre-set
the whole idea is that i don't controle the RC, it does it by itself
ICPV
Internaly Controlled folks
meaning it does the processing, i don't send anything.

its like a scout, it goes in takes the pic and comes back out, and yes i will have to find a way to keep the heat down to what will bypass the sensors and thank you about the movement at night or day, tho i'm going to keep it to night because if one of the cammo dudes sees a moving bush. Yea, it be shot lol.

and yea i'm partially nuts lol

[edit on 15-2-2006 by boywhowaits]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I find this thread, and its predecessor that ran into many pages of length, to be very interesting.

And all these ideas seem original and possibly effective.

But...

Who's to say all of the above, and then some, have been attempted before? Whether it be by curious persons, domestic spies, foreign spies, or just DoD personnel testing the base's security abilities...I am sure at least half of these tactics have been tried already and the results noted somewhere.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well if you check out the last 2 links in my other post -

It will Give you all the Answears you need to do what you want .

all the Information you could ever want Along with GPS,Sattelite comms,
RC Cameras And Vid equipment is all there.
And other R/C related material is there . whether its in the Air / Ground / or water .

So your next post shouldnt be what your going to do , It should be what you have done so far .

So far ive heard alot of talk - lets hear some specifics . . As in what type RC
Car / truck youve chosen .

Camer / Vid setup ect ect .

i gave you the Links - wich is basically all the Answears you need.

lets hear what youve come up with so far .

top topics

join