It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work for the Government? You and UFO Groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hello all, was thinking about this the other day. Title sounds a bit ambiguous, but it's the best I could muster at the moment

I've always been interested in the UFO phenomenon, ever since I was a nipper. Now I'm grown up, I have a serious grown up persons job. My employment is with the UK Government and I enjoy my work.

I was considering joining BUFORA as a member, but took a step back and thought. Erk, what if someone finds out at work? I'll be labelled a crackpot and who knows what people will think of me when I finally want promotion!

So, an open question to yourselves. Do you work for a government agency (Not talking about spooky stuff people. More like Fire, Police, Civil Servant, etc.) and have you joined or considered joining an UFO group?

I'm still umming and ahhing!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Come on! Someone must have an opinion on this! Or are you scared this site is being monitored by government agents?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I personally think that this life is for learning as much as you can mate, if you have a drive to want to know more or just get started on the search for enlightenment then you should follow that instinct - you have it for a reason!!

For all you know it may lead you to another career path where you won't need that promotion

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I do not work for the US government but I work for a company that is in highly sensitive DOD classified contracts. Speaking only for myself I would say that I am not a joiner! What I mean is I prefer to do my own research via internet when time allows. My interest in Ufology is what lead me to ATS in the first place. I enjoy the many threads and the the very intelligent discussions we have here. It's not that I am afraid of my name appearing on a list somewhere it is just that I am a very private person and prefer to keep it that way. To give a good example of what I am talking about, there was just recently a very interesting thread on the 'Serpo Project' here at ATS. A Brit by the name of Bill Ryan who was heavily envolved in the thread was picked apart by people researching into his personal life.
This type of character assasination was due to the information that was available via the net. Problem with joining anything is your name goes on a list, just as being a registered member on ATS. Now I have just as many skeletons in my closest as the next guy and there are definitely things in my personal life that I do not want people digging into. With that said my advice is to follow your own gut feelings and do what you think is best for your situation. Only you really know what kind of back ground information will effect your career. As for me, I can visit all the sites, read all the articles and books, take part in all the discussions threads from the relative safety of my livingroom, or my favorite watering hole the Rusty Pelican which now has free Wi-Fi. Isn't technology a wonderful thing?

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
On the surface, we are told that there is no discrimination in any form in humanity. But in truth, we know it exists. And interest in UFOlogy is no different.

How we know the truth of it came about through our experiences in life in contact with others. Pilots, radar plotters, scientists, military men, etc, had been branded crackpots and their careers stunted.

Many debunkers claimed they had yet to receive any evidence that this is due to interest in UFOlogy, but for those who had working experiences, will know that there are many ways to destroy careers, and one of easiest way is thru character assination, for whom amongst us do not have skeletons in our closets? And such methods is regularly employed so that no evidence can be collected as the powers hide their displeasure over their employees interest in UFOlogy by destroying their careers thru other means.

I will not personally blame the employees, for they are only human and we all need to survive. One cant survive just on faith alone, for we need food and money to sustain ourselves and loved ones. When faced with such a situation, a normal person will choose to side with the powers that be than risk theirs and their loved ones life displeasuring their employers and will toe the powers that be's party line.

Why are employers so hell bent on denial of UFOs? Goes back to the 18th century Industrial Revolution. Many present day industries were built upon the foundations of that revolution. Millions of dollars, wealth and power derived from it, handed down from the corporate kings to their sons and successors, and will want nothing to change their way of doing things and way of life. The military industrial complex are beyond wealth, and seek pure unadulterated power behind elected representatives of whom they chose and select amongst themselves to keep their fingers on the pulse of power.

With the discoveries of 1947, it poses a great danger to their structure of wealth and power. The only way to stop this threat to their power is to deny its knowledge, thru their close circle of 'old boys' international network. Noveu riche were enticed or forced into the network, for power is more seductive than any emotion, any kid who plays a remote controlled car will tell you that. The power to move and be obeyed with a single command.

With that power, thru their control of wealth, they determine who gets funding for research or shares to expand companies around the world. Anyone who dares experiment or work against these powers that be, would be short funded or destroyed in other ways. Colleges and scientists knows which side their bread will be buttered and never want to be on the wrong side. Money controlls everything.

Only the brave dares stand out and stand up against them. Few succeed, but most had their careers sidetracked. Even when out of the powers that be's employment, they were ostracised and deemed as hoaxers and conmen out to cheat the common folk's money when these people write books or seek funds to survive.

The word is out - Toe the company line or you will be a beggar for the rest of your life. This dirty deed is an offense to all who loved the constitution which had been used and abused by the oglichies long enough. The time for disclousure is now to stop this fraud against humanity and the constitution.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
SeekerofTruth101- you say that people get branded for talking about Ufo's
and i agree to a point . In the past alot of people did and yes there jobs wer ruined .

but now a days , i would say just the oppisite .
myself and most of the people in my family work and have worked in the goverment. and when the subject of Ufo's does come up , you would be surprised at the ammount of interest it brings up.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
FactoryLand,
I work for the U.S. goverment not going to get into details, but I work for the DIA. Not in a million years would I join any UFO group. When recieving my clearance which I will not discuss either, I was asked "Are you intrested in UFO/ET's. Have you ever been a member of a UFO group? Have you ever been to a seminar etc.." Something tells me not to join, just a gut feeling, but than again my job is MUCH different than yours. My honest opinion Factory is if your a cop, firefighter, civil servant etc.. Than go ahead and join, but keep your thoughts, comments, and opinions on the matter to yourself. UFOs in society is like racism, we all would like to deny the fact the we are racist but to a certain degree we as humans will always have prejudices, same with UFOs, people aren't ready for the truth. This is why there has not and never will be total disclouser.If you work for higher level goverment agencies I reccommend not, if you have a security clearance than I definently say NO, as that will be revoked indefinetly. But this I am speaking about is the U.S. goverment, not sure about UK. Hope I helped you . Private message me.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
LOL .
you guys are being overly dramatic .

how many times does the Topic of Ufo's come up in the Work place ?.
as in fire fighter / Police ect .

if you work at area 51 , then its prob obvious --LOL .

i talk to guys who are pretty high up in the food chain in the air force on a
regular basis And like i said before , you would be surprised at some of the stuff they are willing to talk about .. ive even flown with these guys a few times. wich was a blast .. peronally i think the Navy is a little more tight lipped on the subject , especially when i working on the Seawolf project with G.e . god those guys ran the place like a little nazi camp . when i did some stuff with the Army , i think my best time was at white sands N.m.
working on the sw systems . i think thats all i can say .

[edit on 18-2-2006 by Briggs]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hmmmm Briggs, allot of info don't you think?

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i dont think i gave anything away in my post .
besides im moving in a few days . and if i have any probs , i'll contac
grandfather.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I don't know if you gave out too much information, what do you think?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I would say it depends on what agency you work for and what your clearences are.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hey Ultima your in Pa also. I am in Philadelphia. And I think that Briggs said a bit much.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka
I think that Briggs said a bit much.

Really? Nah.

I would say that this:

Originally posted by mrjenka
I work for the U.S. goverment not going to get into details, but I work for the DIA...... with UFOs, people aren't ready for the truth. This is why there has not and never will be total disclouser.
insinuates much more than this:

Originally posted by Briggs
i talk to guys who are pretty high up in the food chain in the air force on a
regular basis And like i said before , you would be surprised at some of the stuff they are willing to talk about ..

As to this:

how many times does the Topic of Ufo's come up in the Work place ?.
if you work at area 51 , then its prob obvious --LOL .

That's a given, the Area 51/UFO "link" is pop-culture.

Of course it comes up, if nothing more than just "joking around the water cooler".

And to this:

especially when i working on the Seawolf project with G.e .

G.E. is a well known defense contractor:

www.naval-technology.com...
PROPULSION

The nuclear-powered Seawolf has a GE PWR S6W reactor system, two turbines rated 52,000hp (38.8MW), a pumpjet propulsor, a single shaft, and one secondary propulsion submerged motor.

So it's "nothing new".

[edit on 2/20/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think some people who are now retired don't care about what they say. The alien thing must not be a big secret any more. I know a retired airforce guy who, tole me how he saw some aliens in tanks. He said it looked kinda similar to the ones in Independence Day. He said they had really long arms. This is from someone that would never lie, he has no reason to.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Factory-I say go for it. If anyone harasses you about it then you know for sure all those stories about people being "bothered" by the government are true.

If they don't feel there is a threat by these organizations then they should not have a problem. Then on the other hand if someone does come to you and has a problem with it, then hmmmmmmm

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Redmage- Sorry, I didn't even see my post. What I wanted to say was, I do work for the DIA, but DO NOT work with EBE's/UFO's. I am an intelligence analyst.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
No apology nescassary.

Sounds fun/interesting.

Also, my intention was not to say that you, personally, "work with EBE's/UFO's".

[edit on 2/21/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well, one of your countrymen, Nick Pope, was once in the MoD (Ministry of Defence, for my fellow yanks)....and he's not labelled a "crackpot". His name is even on quite a few of the docs in the FOIA equivalent for the UK. He now studies the UFO phenomenon. Many respected scientists have also studied the phenomenon...so you'd be in good company....

top topics

join