It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Podcasting stories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am a sort of , kind of writer and well I've listened to audio stories before and found them to be great. I was wondering about the idea of us (ATS) starting up a short story or even a full blown story involving conspiricies?

We could try and do a story going into diffrent conspiricies, mysteries, current events,etc?

I know ATS isnt built around fiction (ok yeah that debatable concerning your opinion of conspiricies) but I think it would be a great idea and a good way to investigate and have fun with conspiricies.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Does no one like the idea enough to post?
Or hate it enough to post?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I THINK it is a good idea.

I have never made a podcast... i will though... some day.

Go for it devil. It will catch on!

Oni x x

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Are you thinking like everybody just writes conspiracy-based stories and then reads them in podcast, pretty much like just the Collab Fiction board in podcast form? Or do you mean like actually acting out stories and stuff?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Are you thinking like everybody just writes conspiracy-based stories and then reads them in podcast, pretty much like just the Collab Fiction board in podcast form? Or do you mean like actually acting out stories and stuff?

I mean like taking stories from colaberative fiction, etc or even real life ones and acting them out in a podcast , any takers?

To oni:

thanks M'lday !

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm not very good at making random stories but yeah. If you supply the stories I'll horribly read/act them out in podcast form

Or if you need two people I might be able to actually take two separate podcasts of people reading their parts, and then put it together into a single podcast, with two people talking
lol. The first one would sound awful but it'd be a neat experiment.

I'm surprised nobody has made a mock of the Orson Wells (?) "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast in podcast-form yet. I guess it's probably copywritten, heh.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I am a sort of , kind of writer and well I've listened to audio stories before and found them to be great. I was wondering about the idea of us (ATS) starting up a short story or even a full blown story involving conspiricies?

We could try and do a story going into diffrent conspiricies, mysteries, current events,etc?

I know ATS isnt built around fiction (ok yeah that debatable concerning your opinion of conspiricies) but I think it would be a great idea and a good way to investigate and have fun with conspiricies.

Yeah, i've thought that's a good idea. When you say talking book style, do you mean with sound f/x, narrator, characters etc. ? That would take a bit of work, but with a chosen story from the collab. fiction written up script style, it would be fairly easy to get people to submit their own character read's etc. and edit down the submitted files. it could be very funny. . .

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well you COULD do sound effects, some stories might be a bit difficult to do doing that but yeah you could.
Would be a nice touch to the story.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yeah this is a good idea! I've always enjoyed the BBC Radio Plays
Perhaps we can do a re-inactment of the fiction that was Serpo(if it's not a Copyrighted Game that is) or even the Titor saga

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
. . .Perhaps we can do a re-inactment of the fiction that was Serpo(if it's not a Copyrighted Game that is) or even the Titor saga

That would be great! Serpo's practically written as serialised fiction, we'd just need to distill the character's down. Maybe Serpo meets Titor (Godzilla style)?

Any budding scriptwriters out there?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'd say go for it. LibriVox are already taking stories in the public domain and making audiobooks out of them for podcasts. There's a few well known ones. I think it'd be cool to have people read their own stories from the fiction forum. I've wanted to do a podcast of Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, but never get the time (or to even write a new episode).

new topics

top topics

join