It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sort of a newsletter idea...sort of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this new idea lately and well here goes.

Basically it's a new button sort of like the Way Above but for individual threads(instead of Individual Poster and the button will only appear on the thread starters post) and say at the end of the week or month the top 10or15 threads to get the most "Way Above type" applauds will go into the newsletter. It's a much better idea then just doing it by the number of Replies or Hits. It could make the info in the news letter much more relevant I'm thinking. Anyone like this idea? Hate it? Why? Explain.

Thanks for you time in reading this idea.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Awhile ago we had something like this for ATSNN... It basically lead to everyone voting up on threads for their friends, voting down on threads for people they don't like, and a lot of drama.

So no, I don't think that this would be a good idea.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Isn't that how ATSNN is right now
Anonymity is fine until the person who posted the thread to ATSNN U2U's a bunch of his/her friends to vote it up, or conversly vote down submission they don't like. NEways...

I don't think you get my idea completely. It would basically be a WATS award for individual threads instead of individual posters and the top 10 threads would get into the Newsletter(or a special thread), people would get 3 votes per month exactly like the WATS award and there will be no negative option to "vote down" a thread like ATSNN is now.

WATS was a success was it not? This is basically taking it one step further as I found the current way the "top threads" got chosen to be featured in the newsletter to be biased towards to the "flamefest" threads(like all the Iran invasion threads) and the "hoax threads" (like Serpo).

join